From the frozen north

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><font color=maroon>Those Wonderful Canadians!</font></h1></center>

<center><h2><a href=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/westview/story/2610442p-3026695c.html>Missile Counter-Attack</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>Thursday, March 3rd, 2005

By LLOYD AXWORTHY

Dear Condi,

I'm glad you've decided to get over your fit of pique and venture north to visit your closest neighbour. It's a chance to learn a thing or two. Maybe more.

I know it seems improbable to your divinely guided master in the White House that mere mortals might disagree with participating in a missile-defence system that has failed in its last three tests, even though the tests themselves were carefully rigged to show results.

But, gosh, we folks above the 49th parallel are somewhat cautious types who can't quite see laying down billions of dollars in a three-dud poker game.

As our erstwhile Prairie-born and bred (and therefore prudent) finance minister pointed out in presenting his recent budget, we've had eight years of balanced or surplus financial accounts. If we're going to spend money, Mr. Goodale added, it will be on day-care and health programs, and even on more foreign aid and improved defence.

Sure, that doesn't match the gargantuan, multi-billion-dollar deficits that your government blithely runs up fighting a "liberation war" in Iraq, laying out more than half of all weapons expenditures in the world, and giving massive tax breaks to the top one per cent of your population while cutting food programs for poor children.

Just chalk that up to a different sense of priorities about what a national government's role should be when there isn't a prevailing mood of manifest destiny.</blockquote>

This truth will never reach the ears of the administration as they already know it and choose to ignore it. Truth is speaking to power, but in their hubris the Administration blithely ignores it.

And if you can't bring yourself to click on the link, here's the address:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/westview/story/2610442p-3026695c.html

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><font color=maroon>Those Wonderful Canadians!</font></h1></center>

<center><h2><a href=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/westview/story/2610442p-3026695c.html>Missile Counter-Attack</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>Thursday, March 3rd, 2005

By LLOYD AXWORTHY

Dear Condi,

I'm glad you've decided to get over your fit of pique and venture north to visit your closest neighbour. It's a chance to learn a thing or two. Maybe more.

I know it seems improbable to your divinely guided master in the White House that mere mortals might disagree with participating in a missile-defence system that has failed in its last three tests, even though the tests themselves were carefully rigged to show results.

But, gosh, we folks above the 49th parallel are somewhat cautious types who can't quite see laying down billions of dollars in a three-dud poker game.

As our erstwhile Prairie-born and bred (and therefore prudent) finance minister pointed out in presenting his recent budget, we've had eight years of balanced or surplus financial accounts. If we're going to spend money, Mr. Goodale added, it will be on day-care and health programs, and even on more foreign aid and improved defence.

Sure, that doesn't match the gargantuan, multi-billion-dollar deficits that your government blithely runs up fighting a "liberation war" in Iraq, laying out more than half of all weapons expenditures in the world, and giving massive tax breaks to the top one per cent of your population while cutting food programs for poor children.

Just chalk that up to a different sense of priorities about what a national government's role should be when there isn't a prevailing mood of manifest destiny.</blockquote>

This truth will never reach the ears of the administration as they already know it and choose to ignore it. Truth is speaking to power, but in their hubris the Administration blithely ignores it.

And if you can't bring yourself to click on the link, here's the address:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/westview/story/2610442p-3026695c.html
Just another road apple in the path of freedom. The Canadians have the luxury of living on the same continent as the world's only super power. They can afford to be blase about such things.

Bullypulpit said:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Oh lawd!!!

Bully - you're a funny guy.

Now which "truth" would that be? Would it be the statement asserting that Canadians would be expected to fork over billions of dollars?

Or how about those "massive" tax cuts for the top one percent?

Or maybe the part about cutting food programs for poor children?

I'd like to go on, but there's an unattended baby in a stroller. She has a lollipop and I'm going to steal it. She looks like a tough little bugger, but I think if I surprise her I can have that lolly and be gone before she knows what happened.

Merlin1047 said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Oh lawd!!!

Bully - you're a funny guy.

Now which "truth" would that be? Would it be the statement asserting that Canadians would be expected to fork over billions of dollars?

Or how about those "massive" tax cuts for the top one percent?

Or maybe the part about cutting food programs for poor children?

I'd like to go on, but there's an unattended baby in a stroller. She has a lollipop and I'm going to steal it. She looks like a tough little bugger, but I think if I surprise her I can have that lolly and be gone before she knows what happened.

Which truth would it be? Whatever the little voice in your head tells you it is. :)

Bullypulpit said:

please tell me of the great canadian contributions to the world?

manu1959 said:
ok we will continue to defend you....

what about hockey? curling? 5 pin bowling? eh?

Defend me? From what?

You just asked what Canadians offered the world.. I named the only thing I know. Cheezies.

Don't forget dill flavored potato chips. And that one called "all dressing" I think, tastes like a baked potato with all the fixins. Hmmmmmm

And hey, ketchup chips are goooooood. At first my wife could not get me to eat them, but after a while, hmmmmmm.

The government of CA, hmmm, not to many canadians are especially happy with them either. But canadains themselves are very cool. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. Very clean cities, even vancouver...

Oh, and aero candy bars....

Forum List

Back