HPIM0348.jpg

Travelling across the state

HPIM0349.jpg

Enroute to Williamsburg

HPIM0354.jpg

Colonial Williamsburg Visitor's Center

HPIM0356.jpg

The Governor's Palace
In the 18th century, Williamsburg was the capitol of Virginia. The Palace has been restored to the period of Lord Dunmore's residency.

HPIM0371.jpg

One of the bed chambers for two of the Dunmore's daughters.

HPIM0374.jpg

Only a small view of Lord Dunmore's vast weapons collection.

HPIM0376.jpg

The Dunmore's were quite wealthy and entertained frequently. The room where they entertained had this harpsicord and three organs. A piano, for their daughters' lessons, was located in the parlor.

HPIM0388.jpg

A miniscule snapshot of the palace gardens.

HPIM0395.jpg

The palace stables.

HPIM0396.jpg

On one of the main streets in town, there was a cart pulled by oxen.

USA countryside is stunning! And i love the colonial history sites!

Great pics allbiz!

Great photos. I used to live in Colonial Williamsburg. That's where I was living when Mrs. BBD and I got married. I moved from there to northwestern Illinois. One of the really neat things about living in Colonial Williamsburg is the fact that you get a resident pass for free to get into all of the historical sites. It's a little card that looks sort of like your driver's license and it's good for a year at the time. They figure because of all the people who come to visit you and want to see the town you shouldn't have to keep paying to get in. I loved it there. Used to go down to Captain Bill's for seafood all the time. I was also raised in Virginia. Suffolk to be exact. It was a great state to grow up in. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Forum List

Back