From Politico.com

That barely passes the smell test, much less the laugh test.
The position was authorized by Congress through the budget process (even unpaid positions arent free).
If Bush had done that there would be screams for impeachment and investigation. In that order.

And the Bush White House would have brushed it off and moved on, like they did with the hundreds of other accusations against them.

Just because lefties did the same type of bullshit doesn't make it right.

Different administration, same old BS. Obama, no transparency, no change, no hope.

If this is what really happened, why didn't they just say this two months ago? Why did they wait until after Clinton had visited the White House, and they had spoken with Sestak's brother/campaign manager?

Perhaps they wanted to make sure the primary election was over, to avoid undue influence on the results.

How owuld this have unduly influenced the results? It is literally a non story, if true.

The actual law is largely irrelevant. The Founders used the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" to cover a large swath of conduct that was unethical and corrosive to the Republic. This certainly counts as that.

Offering a different job to a person in your own party is a "High Crime and Misdemeanor"?

Yeah, I'm soooo sure the Founding Fathers would see it that way. LOL.

Hell, I'm relatively sure that some of them most probably did the same thing during their administrations.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Jefferson or Adams.

The actual law is largely irrelevant. The Founders used the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" to cover a large swath of conduct that was unethical and corrosive to the Republic. This certainly counts as that.

Offering a different job to a person in your own party is a "High Crime and Misdemeanor"?

Hell, I'm relatively sure that some of them most probably did the same thing during their administrations.

Why do you think so many of them were Secretary of State? Take a look through the early years and see how many Secretaries were elected President after their term.

How owuld this have unduly influenced the results? It is literally a non story, if true.

Because no matter what, any announcement and questions following the announcement would have made headlines?

As evidenced by all the headlines this week.

And, as we all know, media outlets will tend to spin things, even if there's no legal ramifications at all.

Can you name an unpaid position in the administration?

And can you honestly claim that such a position has no value just because it's unpaid?

Amazing that Bill is willing to fall on the sword like this. Wonder what he got in return.

He owes Hillary a lot. He did it for her. Perhaps it's for the Presidency in 2012.

Because no matter what, any announcement and questions following the announcement would have made headlines?

As evidenced by all the headlines this week.

And, as we all know, media outlets will tend to spin things, even if there's no legal ramifications at all.

Loyalty is a wonderful trait.

They could have announced it right after the elections.
They could have announced it last week before they met with Clinton.
They could have announced it before they called Sestak's campaign manager.
They could have announced it yesterday when Obama had his first press conference in almost a year.

Last edited:

"Offering a job to a person in your own party".
Do you ever tire of lying? DO you even recognize that your characterization of what happened is in fact an out and out lie?
Actually the white house (whoever that is---it sure isnt Bill CLinton) attempted to influence the outcome of an election through bribery. That's called voting fraud. The Founders were well acquainted with it.

I dont know what the Bush WH would have done. Neitehr do you.
But it is clearly improper conduct and probably exactly what the Founders had in mind when they included impeachment in the Constitution.

LOL. Since the law in question wasn't enacted until 1939 I'd imagine that the founders weren't involved at all.

And no, this is nowhere near an "impeachable" offense. You can all keep hoping that it will somehow magically turn into one, but it's not even close.

Who cares s0n??

This is like stumbling over a rainbow with a leprachan on the other end if you're a conservative!!! Rigth in the middle of this oil spill fAiL where you have promintent Dem's blasting the presidents indifference comes THIS!!!!:lol::lol::lol: I could hardly control the level of giddy this week as this Sestak thing emerged!!!:funnyface: A fcukking hoot you might say!!
Just another chink in the armour of this fraud who promised transparency and has delivered anything but................for the gay...........:lol:

"Offering a job to a person in your own party".
Do you ever tire of lying? DO you even recognize that your characterization of what happened is in fact an out and out lie?
Actually the white house (whoever that is---it sure isnt Bill CLinton) attempted to influence the outcome of an election through bribery. That's called voting fraud. The Founders were well acquainted with it.

Honestly, I can't make sense of this post at all. "Voting Fraud"? :cuckoo:

An alert from:

Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com.

The White House used former President William Jefferson Clinton as an intermediary (a go between) to Representation Joe Sestak regarding the possibility of Mr. Sestak taking an uncompensated (unpaid for brain dead and uninformed repuglicant's) position with the Obama Administration.

Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com.

Bill Bauer, White House Council confirms that Rom Emanuel (One of the best friends repugs have in the Obama White House) asked former President Clinton as a go between for the White House regarding the Pennsylvania Demoratic Senatorial Primary.

Vice-Admiral (3-Star) Sestak was open to challenging then DINO Arlen Spector in the Dem. Primary.

Spector lost. Sestak won.

The position offered Mr. Sestak was UN-PAID. NO MONEY.

Sorry Repugs. No money. No Harm....No Foul.

What a bunch of leftwingnut horse shit. There's 5 minutes I'll never get back.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back