CDZ From Pillow to Bellow.

Holos

Feb 21, 2016
California
What would it take to substitute a single word used for a trivial but (supposedly) so commonly used object for another, perhaps more appropriate word?

The context could also elicit a debate about healthcare.

Currently I don't take pills to go to sleep, neither of the tablet kind nor of the cushioned kind. I don't use any specifically appointed support for the head to help me restore my energies, I go with the whole body. However, I still, and have many times before, been reprimanded for choosing to go with the simplest bellow - a nice flat surface, the ground or the floor.

I don't use pillows, but I still sleep in an unshapely mattress which requires of me nightly acrobatics, kinda hung, kinda fenced, cribbed and battered,

Last edited:
I retract my statement on my choice to not use any specifically appointed support for the head. I still use the tip of a folded or scrumped blanket sometimes.

Good life.

I'm just not sure how to respond to your OP other than this...:dunno:

1601134_10153698300310058_627600819_n.jpg

There is a cat in my house. It is not my cat and I am not sure how it got in my house. Not quite a kitten and not quite full-grown and it is black and white. I guess I have been home-invaded by a thug. I bellowed at it, but it ran away so now I have to go scare it toward a door so I can go to sleep. Like me not understanding how this cat got in my house, I do not quite understand what this thread is about, but felt that it has something to do with late-night stream of consciousness ponderings.

There is a cat in my house. It is not my cat and I am not sure how it got in my house. Not quite a kitten and not quite full-grown and it is black and white. I guess I have been home-invaded by a thug. I bellowed at it, but it ran away so now I have to go scare it toward a door so I can go to sleep. Like me not understanding how this cat got in my house, I do not quite understand what this thread is about, but felt that it has something to do with late-night stream of consciousness ponderings.

Maybe the cat was there before you were?

Did you build your own house?

He could've been the first land proprietary too.

We've got interest.

Maybe the cat was there before you were?

Did you build your own house?

He could've been the first land proprietary too.

We've got interest.

No my house is older than me and I am older than the cat. Logic tells me that one of my nieces let it in earlier today and it has been hiding since my neighborhood is crawling with feral kittenish cats, but I don't want to be logical at the moment, so perhaps it came out of my hat. Mine is the first house built on this particular spot in probably forever because it used to be part of a farm that got whittled down to a subdivision over generations, so the first proprietor was probably a cow. Moo.

I sleep on a couch; more support, and I like being able to elevate my feet occasionally. I do my own upholstering, and can adjust the firmness and the like to my personal needs, which is fairly stiff. The mattress on my bed is also fairly hard for most peoples' taste, but soft beds and chairs will ruin your back after a while, guaranteed.

I sleep on a couch; more support, and I like being able to elevate my feet occasionally. I do my own upholstering, and can adjust the firmness and the like to my personal needs, which is fairly stiff. The mattress on my bed is also fairly hard for most peoples' taste, but soft beds and chairs will ruin your back after a while, guaranteed.

I slept on a couch too when I was living in my previous flat, however it wasn't very comfortable for me, mostly because of its softness for my back and lack of space, well I prefer the surface of a big bed :eusa_angel: In my current one I have a big bed and it's amazing, in case of matresses I prefer latex ones like in this list on Cozzy for example, I really like the combination of price and quality in their case :biggrin: I have such Ultimate Dreams one and it's really comfortable and nice for my spine, even considering that I have scoliosis :eusa_drool:

31uHPfXo8L.jpg

I think that softness of matress really depends on a certain taste, however too soft ones aren't good for keeping healthy spine...:dunno:
And in case of pillows I prefer memory foam ones, they're the most comfortable among all other I've tried :redface:

What would it take to substitute a single word used for a trivial but (supposedly) so commonly used object for another, perhaps more appropriate word?

The context could also elicit a debate about healthcare.

Currently I don't take pills to go to sleep, neither of the tablet kind nor of the cushioned kind. I don't use any specifically appointed support for the head to help me restore my energies, I go with the whole body. However, I still, and have many times before, been reprimanded for choosing to go with the simplest bellow - a nice flat surface, the ground or the floor.

I don't use pillows, but I still sleep in an unshapely mattress which requires of me nightly acrobatics, kinda hung, kinda fenced, cribbed and battered,

Time for a new mattress, I'd say.

I retract my statement on my choice to not use any specifically appointed support for the head. I still use the tip of a folded or scrumped blanket sometimes.

Good life.

Pillow or no pillow, you still need a new mattress.

Get a futon.

My body requires a much more stable surface.
Why do flamingos stand on one leg? Because if they picked up the other they'd fall.

Three points define a plane; consequently, the most stable platform will have a three legs places as close to the edge of the flat surface they support. You can go with a triangular sleeping surface on three legs or you can go with some other shape. The floor surface's evenness won't matter. The legs need only be the same length if you want the sleeping surface to lay parallel to the floor.

Forum List

Back