From Good to Bad to Worse

How about my 35 year old son who was laid off 8 months ago, still no work, had to move back home. And unemployment running out. Or a brother in a similar situation, but no where to move his family to. Or my next door neighbor. Certified Auto Mechanic, working out of his driveway to try to keep his house, since no one is hiring mechanics. The economy is not showing me any signs of recovery other than the modest gains on wall street, and this administration wants to punish them. And Gasoline is back up to $3 working towards $4. it will get there faster than you think.

Ah I see the complaint now. You need to put up with your son. :lol:

You are an idiot.

So just to be clear here: you're life is fine. And yet you're complaining. because numbers in a newspaper told you so. even though you are still fine.

I will repeat again: what i see is a bunch of whiners. babies with nothing wrong but cry because they see other babies crying. When the price of a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas exceeds $4, let me know. Alternately, find me someone who is willing to say how horrible their own life is. Until then, don't presume you should talk for others based on your interpretation of things.

How about my 35 year old son who was laid off 8 months ago, still no work, had to move back home. And unemployment running out. Or a brother in a similar situation, but no where to move his family to. Or my next door neighbor. Certified Auto Mechanic, working out of his driveway to try to keep his house, since no one is hiring mechanics. The economy is not showing me any signs of recovery other than the modest gains on wall street, and this administration wants to punish them. And Gasoline is back up to $3 working towards $4. it will get there faster than you think.

But you were against helping the auto companies (which w/o that help, I doubt your neighbor would even be repairing cars in his driveway). You were also against extending unemployment, which is what is keeping your brother afloat. You were also against trying to fix the finance industry where the credit comes from that would have allowed your son to keep his job.

You wingnuts complain and complain, then your families are the first to line up for the services you were complaining about.

Actually the brother has no unemployment, he is picking up trash and cleaning it up and selling it at flea markets. Doing odd jobs when he can find them. Basically whatever he can to make a buck. And yes I Am still against the Government takeovers of private business. I don't believe i commented on unemployment other than how do we pay for it?

Why not ask the millions of unemployed since the Dems took over congress how their lives are doing. Some of us planned ahead for ourselves. Others couldn't. Regardless things do not look good in the USA today. (Unemployment, growing national debt, record deficits, etc...)
So just to be clear here: you're life is fine. And yet you're complaining. because numbers in a newspaper told you so. even though you are still fine.

I will repeat again: what i see is a bunch of whiners. babies with nothing wrong but cry because they see other babies crying. When the price of a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas exceeds $4, let me know. Alternately, find me someone who is willing to say how horrible their own life is. Until then, don't presume you should talk for others based on your interpretation of things.

Well, according to most conservatives, especially those on here, your son and brother must be lazy, good for nothing losers who lost their job all because of their own ineptitudes. And they can't afford payments on their house because they spend more than they should have

Wow.

Not sure letting the kid move home would be what I'd do, but its your call, Sarge.

I've been where these guys are, and it ain't easy, (especially since it happened THRICE, and each time we just had another kid) but I had to Persevere, Improvise, and OVERCOME:

No more kids.

He hasn't been the first, I've had 2 of our kids, two of my brothers, and one niece with 1 year old son. thankfully at mostly different times. My house is the last stop before the street it seems like.

Its what family is for, I guess, and I'd do the same thing, as long as they never got to comfortable.

There was only one time I ever talked to my dad about using his house. A Hurricane was headed for Houston, and I casually said something like, "We may be headed your way to escape..." He replied, "That's what you get for living near the Gulf Coast."

I was glad never to have asked him for anything before or since.

Wow.

Not sure letting the kid move home would be what I'd do, but its your call, Sarge.

I've been where these guys are, and it ain't easy, (especially since it happened THRICE, and each time we just had another kid) but I had to Persevere, Improvise, and OVERCOME:

No more kids.

He hasn't been the first, I've had 2 of our kids, two of my brothers, and one niece with 1 year old son. thankfully at mostly different times. My house is the last stop before the street it seems like.

Its what family is for, I guess, and I'd do the same thing, as long as they never got to comfortable.

There was only one time I ever talked to my dad about using his house. A Hurricane was headed for Houston, and I casually said something like, "We may be headed your way to escape..." He replied, "That's what you get for living near the Gulf Coast."

I am guessing that except for those born very rich, precious few of us have not at one time or another had to depend on friends and family when times are tough and probably precious few of us have not helped out friends and family when times are tough. It's also why so many good folks are volunteering at soup kitchens and thrift shops and food pantries, and homeless shelters because some folks do find themselves literally on the street. I spent the last couple of hours helping supervise the unloading of a truck full of donated items for a burned out family that didn't have insurance.

It's what people do for people in a moral society.

And the need out there is overwhelming right now. We will survive this recession, but I do think we're going to have to put more business oriented and economic growth minded folks into Congress before we're going to see steady growth again.

Actually the brother has no unemployment, he is picking up trash and cleaning it up and selling it at flea markets. Basically whatever he can to make a buck.
You say that as if it's better than unemployment. As beowolfe mentioned, it's people like you who complain about things like unemployment, but its your family who needs it most. Meanwhile its people like me who are for it, and who are not affected by the expected minor bumps along the way. Let me ask: is your son going to pay taxes on the income he's made for selling trash? Yeah, thought so...

As I said though, some people just love the blame and complain game. You wanna know why the system is screwed up? Stop pointing fingers at big government, and try looking in your own home first.

Ah I see the complaint now. You need to put up with your son. :lol:

You are an idiot.

I'm going to have to agree with SFC Ollie here you are an idiot.. Families stick together in hard times...

Actually the brother has no unemployment, he is picking up trash and cleaning it up and selling it at flea markets. Basically whatever he can to make a buck.
You say that as if it's better than unemployment. As beowolfe mentioned, it's people like you who complain about things like unemployment, but its your family who needs it most. Meanwhile its people like me who are for it, and who are not affected by the expected minor bumps along the way. Let me ask: is your son going to pay taxes on the income he's made for selling trash? Yeah, thought so...

As I said though, some people just love the blame and complain game. You wanna know why the system is screwed up? Stop pointing fingers at big government, and try looking in your own home first.

Have you always been this simple and had such a terrible comprehension problem?

Just an observation

Since the Democratic Party took over the Congress and Obama became President things in this country have gone from good to an accelerating pace downhill.

Now .. granted, this is an obvious observation that no one can dispute...

But.. If some rose colored, glasses wearing loyal Democrat would like to convince me otherwise... I'm interested...

But the press keeps telling them things are getting much better. Nobody is finding jobs for a year or more...but they feel better about it then when that Bastard Bush was in office.

Wow.

No more kids.

That might be the saddest thing I have ever seen on this board. I don't even know how to comment. I wasn't real close to my dad when he died last summer..he had severe demisia and didn't even recognise me when I first visited him last. He snapped out of it for a while and we did have a nice chat. When he was "there" earlier he was 100 per cent supportive and generous to a fault with our family. I was lucky to have known him. I still can't offer meaningful words....

Families stick together in hard times...
of course they do. that has nothing to do with the point. but way to come into the middle of a convo, pull out a joke, take it the wrong way, and make a straw man argument.

I see you responded to my legitimate point with more insults. So, is your son, who is unemployed and living in your house, selling garbage for money, paying taxes on his earnings or not?

Families stick together in hard times...
of course they do. that has nothing to do with the point. but way to come into the middle of a convo, pull out a joke, take it the wrong way, and make a straw man argument.

I see you responded to my legitimate point with more insults. So, is your son, who is unemployed and living in your house, selling garbage for money, paying taxes on his earnings or not?

Now very slowly go back up and read the posts again. My son spends his days looking for work, at least most days (or he wouldn't be living here). My Brother picks up the junk, cleans it and resells it. And I haven't the foggiest idea if he claims it on his taxes. I do not ask family about their finances unless they are asking for financial help. And every one of them that stayed here for longer than a week chipped in the best they could.

Well, according to most conservatives, especially those on here, your son and brother must be lazy, good for nothing losers who lost their job all because of their own ineptitudes. And they can't afford payments on their house because they spend more than they should have

You can't seem to tell the difference between those who can't work and those who won't work.....and then there's those who make it work no matter what.

Forum List

Back