From Global Warming to Mini Ice Age?

"FactFinder", if you'd checked your scientific facts, you'd find that no study has successfully concluded that the sun accounts for much of the trend. If anything, solar was higher in the 1940's, and the global average anomaly back then was lower.

SL, the essentials can be "settled" (meaning strong theory in science) but there are usually ranges to be narrowed and other refinements to be made, especially when it comes to challenging regional climates. These projections also consider factors that are somewhat dynamic, including human activity.

The rest looks like (willful?) ignorance of the literature, which doesn't suggest those things should have already occurred, but does suggest we're setting the stage for them now. Case in point: The previously discussed polar bear. A poster animal to be sure, when ecosystems are a bigger concern, but it seems that the science discusses a future threat to the species as Arctic sea ice reaches critical levels. Meanwhile, some populations have gotten a boost from hunting controls. Little details...

Last edited:
"FactFinder", if you'd checked your scientific facts, you'd find that no study has successfully concluded that the sun accounts for much of the trend. If anything, solar was higher in the 1940's, and the global average anomaly back then was lower.

SL, the essentials can be "settled" (meaning strong theory in science) but there are usually ranges to be narrowed and other refinements to be made, especially when it comes to challenging regional climates. These projections also consider factors that are somewhat dynamic, including human activity.

The rest looks like (willful?) ignorance of the literature, which doesn't suggest those things should have already occurred, but does suggest we're setting the stage for them now. Case in point: The previously discussed polar bear. A poster animal to be sure, when ecosystems are a bigger concern, but it seems that the science discusses a future threat to the species as Arctic sea ice reaches critical levels. Meanwhile, some populations have gotten a boost from hunting controls. Little details...

I have no problem saying I overstated the polar bear and Boston aspects. Although, if I had gone back further to say the 1990s, I probably could have found an alarmist who predicted this for present day. Their aggressiveness doesn't excuse it on my part. I was making a point regarding predictions from global warmers, which are often incorrect also.

No, you could not have. In fact, you could not find an 'alarmist' in the geological or climatological community that predicted the North Polar melt. Nor one that predicted the speed of the changes in the Permafrost areas of Siberia and North America.

No, you could not have. In fact, you could not find an 'alarmist' in the geological or climatological community that predicted the North Polar melt. Nor one that predicted the speed of the changes in the Permafrost areas of Siberia and North America.

the Arctic Ocean could be ice-free in the summer by 2012.

Protecting Polar Bears Must Include Mitigating Global Warming, Group Argues

As far as polar bears go...The Skeptical Environmentalist, published in English 2001, written by Bjørn Lomborg stated polar bears would be extinct in ten years. I'm a year off, big deal. To his credit, Lomborg is the original global warmist liar.

You stated predicted in the 1990s. The link was to an article from 2008.

Lomborg is hardly someone that I would quote.

Yes, your bozos only needed four years to screw up. It is even worse than I thought. I said alarmist predicting the end of polar bears by now. Lomborg wrote that prediction in 2001. It fits quite well.

"According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this."

DAVID ROSE: The mini ice age starts here | Mail Online

Another chapter in the misunderstanding of planet evolution. Does anyone really know?
One side says it is,it is, the other says it isn't, it isn't and some in the same groups say who the "F" knows. And some try profiteering from the confusion.

folks who don't understand the difference between weather and climate should probably avoid talking about the latter.:razz:

When it comes to global warming, the old incandescence light has a lot to contribute. It loses most of its energy as heat contributing to global warming. The best that the governments can do, is make policies to ban and allowing energy efficient solutions like the LED Bulbs to take its place.

So, it is high time we all have taken this small step of introducing energy conserving solutions into our lives.

When it comes to global warming, the old incandescence light has a lot to contribute. It loses most of its energy as heat contributing to global warming. The best that the governments can do, is make policies to ban and allowing energy efficient solutions like the LED Bulbs to take its place.

So, it is high time we all have taken this small step of introducing energy conserving solutions into our lives.

Take the test

http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor...glia-climate-research-unit-entrance-exam.html

Forum List

Back