From China - "Got Milk?" Careful, It may be poison.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rdean, Feb 18, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,870
    Infant formula tainted with melamine killed six children in China in 2008 and sickened more than 300,000.

Leedham said leather protein was also more likely to show up in milk powder and other processed dairy than in raw milk.

"I would have thought that the adulteration, if it happens, would happen in the processing later on," he said. "If it's going to be used as a fraudulent way of increasing protein levels, then the big benefits would be in the food processing downstream and it would be much easier to add hydrolyzed protein to a powder mix than to liquid milk."

He also said 6,450 tests in one year didn't seem sufficient for a country China's size.

China On Alert For Leather Protein In Milk

The right wing wants to get rid of regulations in this country so we could be "More Like China". I just don't get it. China now has the biggest rate of birth defects in the world. It's because of their pollution.

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,865
    to understand this problem....one must look at the quota system imposed by the government of china on farmers....forcing farmers to go to extreme measures...one stretches the milk with water and then is forced to add a supplement to get the watered down milk to pass tests.....

just another reason to buy american....i was using sil pats made in china but decided to retire them for fear of what is leeching out of them

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,870
    China is a communist country. Even their unions are "government" sponsored. Talk about government control. And many right wingers, who hate government, view China as a "role model". Maybe they just hate "democratic" government. I don't know what else it could be?

4. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Chinese melamine kidney stone milk scandal...
    :eusa_eh:
    Clues to why most survived China melamine scandal
    2/13/13 WASHINGTON (AP) -- Scientists wondering why some children and not others survived one of China's worst food safety scandals have uncovered a suspect: germs that live in the gut.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Got milk?...
    :confused:
    Serbian Scandal Highlights Fungal Poison Danger
    March 02, 2013 WASHINGTON — A scandal over contaminated milk in the Balkans highlights a global threat to food safety: Aflatoxins are naturally occurring poisons produced by fungi that infect many food crops worldwide.

6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,100
    I just waned to check this thread to see if and how Deanny boy linked the story to to Republicans...

He didn't fail us...

Christ, boy, you're like a broken record...