- From Atheism to Believing in God -

Read/watch to the end, and then... read it in reverse. :eusa_pray::eusa_angel:

From Atheism to Believing in God - Unique and Powerful Video

big deal I know a lot of people that believed in fact all their childhood , and now don't .

if the numbers were side by side which would be the larger ?, in your opinion .

Hmm, not following - I'm not certain which numbers you are referring to? How many Christians there are compared to Atheists? I have no idea.

big deal I know a lot of people that believed in fact all their childhood , and now don't .

if the numbers were side by side which would be the larger ?, in your opinion .

Hmm, not following - I'm not certain which numbers you are referring to? How many Christians there are compared to Atheists? I have no idea.

I think he means the group of people who switched from believing as a kid to not believing as an adult compared to the group that didn't believe as kids and now do as adults.

That's an easy one to answer.

You know.......when I was younger, I ended up with a lot of different families. 1 biological father, 2 stepfathers and then foster care (I was orphaned at 8).

During that time, my stepfathers and the foster families that I went to made sure that I went to church, but every church was different from the previous one that I had just left, and they told me that I had to forget what I'd learned before and now had to believe as they did, or I would go to hell.

Pretty heavy trip for a kid.

After I ran away at 16? I went to live with my Grandparents. Now, they didn't make me go to church, but they made sure that I knew who God was, and they taught me how to live a decent and honorable life by taking care of those around me.

I then joined the Navy, and because I was on my own now, I said that I would never go to church again, because all the previous ones had lied to me. I've been through Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian and Baptist churches, and not one of them could agree on much.

So.........I started to research other things and found Zen philosophy and Tao. Now, the way that those things were laid out, I could understand quite easily how they fit together and so became a Taoist.

Later.........I started to research Judaic theology, and found that it was quite similar to what Taoists thought, so I started to look for other places where religions agreed. Got news for you, you get farther looking for the similarities rather than the differences.

I've always believed in God, I just didn't believe the people that told me I had to worship Him in any one certain way. My best guess? Well........everyone thinks differently, and everyone does things differently, but that doesn't make them any less human, so why would God (knowing that all people are different) make only 1 religion that is supposed to fit everyone?

Like I said, I've always believed in God, I just don't believe all the people that tell me there is only 1 way to worship Him. I personally believe that being charitable, helping out others where I can, and telling the truth all the time (even when I don't want to) is the best way to do that.

You know.......when I was younger, I ended up with a lot of different families. 1 biological father, 2 stepfathers and then foster care (I was orphaned at 8).

During that time, my stepfathers and the foster families that I went to made sure that I went to church, but every church was different from the previous one that I had just left, and they told me that I had to forget what I'd learned before and now had to believe as they did, or I would go to hell.

Pretty heavy trip for a kid.

After I ran away at 16? I went to live with my Grandparents. Now, they didn't make me go to church, but they made sure that I knew who God was, and they taught me how to live a decent and honorable life by taking care of those around me.

I then joined the Navy, and because I was on my own now, I said that I would never go to church again, because all the previous ones had lied to me. I've been through Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian and Baptist churches, and not one of them could agree on much.

So.........I started to research other things and found Zen philosophy and Tao. Now, the way that those things were laid out, I could understand quite easily how they fit together and so became a Taoist.

Later.........I started to research Judaic theology, and found that it was quite similar to what Taoists thought, so I started to look for other places where religions agreed. Got news for you, you get farther looking for the similarities rather than the differences.

I've always believed in God, I just didn't believe the people that told me I had to worship Him in any one certain way. My best guess? Well........everyone thinks differently, and everyone does things differently, but that doesn't make them any less human, so why would God (knowing that all people are different) make only 1 religion that is supposed to fit everyone?

Like I said, I've always believed in God, I just don't believe all the people that tell me there is only 1 way to worship Him. I personally believe that being charitable, helping out others where I can, and telling the truth all the time (even when I don't want to) is the best way to do that.

Freud wants his couch back.

That was stupid. Thanks for wasting my time. If my mind worked like the guy in the video I would put a pistol barrel in my mouth and pull the trigger.

No, no, no, you missed the point of the video me thinks. :tongue: If your mind worked like the guy in the video, the bullet would go back into your head, back into the gun, the pistol barrel out of your mouth and then thank me for a wonderful video. :D

life is not an endless cycle of guilt and shame.

i've always thought that was silliness.

You're right. Life is an endless cycle of suffering.

thank goodness, i haven't found that either. i find it's normal. sometimes it's great. sometimes not so great.... sometimes stuff sucks. i have no shame and i feel no guilt... unless i do something specifically to feel guilty or shameful about.

and even then, i tend to live by the philosophy, don't do things you think you'll regret (which doesn't always work) and don't regret things you've already done.

Last edited:

That was stupid. Thanks for wasting my time. If my mind worked like the guy in the video I would put a pistol barrel in my mouth and pull the trigger.

No, no, no, you missed the point of the video me thinks. :tongue: If your mind worked like the guy in the video, the bullet would go back into your head, back into the gun, the pistol barrel out of your mouth and then thank me for a wonderful video. :D

That's crazy talk! There was a point to the video? :cuckoo: Explain it please.

life is not an endless cycle of guilt and shame.

i've always thought that was silliness.

thank goodness, i haven't found that either. i find it's normal. sometimes it's great. sometimes not so great.... sometimes stuff sucks. i have no shame and i feel no guilt... unless i do something specifically to feel guilty or shameful about.

and even then, i tend to live by the philosophy, don't do things you think you'll regret (which doesn't always work) and don't regret things you've already done.

cheesesjpg.jpeg

cheesesjpg.jpeg

:rofl:

i don't do christian guilt.

i do jewish guilt. :)

Forum List

Back