From a tree blind

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Treestand.jpg

Yup---yesterday---and it wasn't easy with those 3 buggers peeking up at me every 2 seconds to see if I moved. ( While freezing my ass off :lol:)

I HOPE the only thing you shot them with was your camera!

Beautiful pic, beautiful animals!

Really? That would keep me in high cotton. :eusa_drool:

Sneaky bastards tho---harder to hunt than deer. You can use lights at night tho. 4 years ago Austin proper had none--now they are tearing up peoples yards and gardens.You outta see what a job they can do on the small fields just outside of town.

Sneaky bastards tho---harder to hunt than deer. You can use lights at night tho. 4 years ago Austin proper had none--now they are tearing up peoples yards and gardens.You outta see what a job they can do on the small fields just outside of town.
Pigs are smart animals. I'd just bait 'em with some left over veggies near the edge of the back yard and sit up with a varmit rifle.

Pigs are smart animals. I'd just bait 'em with some left over veggies near the edge of the back yard and sit up with a varmit rifle.

most ranches try to trap em in cages with all kinds of special concoctinos for bait. Better use something bigger than a varmint rifle too.:lol:

I can't stand traps. .22LR won't put 'em down? How big are these things? I'm thinking 30 pounds, with big heads.

Record is around a thousand pounds but they will average around 150 to 200 around here. A miracle shot with a .22mag might do it but I would bet a dime on it. They use deer rifles for em here.

I saw a 700 lb wild hog on tv.... they are mean, mean, mean....be careful.

The deer seem skinny, they must not have wild apple trees to stuff their faces with, as the bambi do up here!

awesome pics Dillo!

Care

so is that just a "vernal pool" that they are drinking from or a real pond that is there year round?

I saw a 700 lb wild hog on tv.... they are mean, mean, mean....be careful.

The deer seem skinny, they must not have wild apple trees to stuff their faces with, as the bambi do up here!

awesome pics Dillo!

Care

young deer-- maybe only a year old and they don't need to bulk up near as much to survive our winters. They need the speed and there are so many here that the competition for food is high. Acorns and grasses mostly.

Forum List

Back