from 1950-1963 top tax rate was 91-92%, those were good years for our economy

what makes you think it will be bad if we raise their taxes a little?

Whatever rate you decide is fair, you should be willing to pay the same rate yourself.

nah, progressive taxation is the way we created the middle class, infrastructure and it is the way we can maintain them if we can rid our govt of the terrorists

I thought you believed in equality?

Don't all citizens deserve the same treatment from the IRS?

2003 - 2008 were pretty good years too, up until the recession hit. Still waiting for one of you really smart lib/dems to show me how the Bush tax cuts caused the current downturn.

2003 - 2008 were pretty good years too, up until the recession hit. Still waiting for one of you really smart lib/dems to show me how the Bush tax cuts caused the current downturn.

You should not ask questions you think are clever when you dont know the answers, do some reading, learning, about economics, then get back to us.

You should not ask questions you think are clever when you dont know the answers, do some reading, learning, about economics, then get back to us.

I did do some reading and learning about economics, and so far have found nothing that ties tax cuts to recessions or depressions in any era. I have however, found several instances where tax hikes are considered to be antithetical to economic growth, unless there's an economic boom already going on. Which is why both Clinton and Obama himself are on record as saying that raising taxes in a bad economy is not a good idea.

holy smokes..

91-92% tax rate were the GOOD YEARS..

Why doesn't Obama and Democrats just ask for 100%...We can have some WONDERFUL YEARS AHEAD

UTOPIA here we come

I know that this is sarcasm, but

Don't give those damn communists any more ideas!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/us/politics/28projects.html?_r=1

the Bush tax cuts left us with a mess in the area of infrastructure

U.S. Infrastructure Is in Dire Straits, Report Says

By MICHAEL COOPER

Published: January 27, 2009

More than a quarter of the nation’s bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete. Leaky pipes lose an estimated seven billion gallons of clean drinking water every day. And aging sewage systems send billions of gallons of untreated wastewater cascading into the nation’s waterways each year.

When you reduce revenue you reduce the amount of money you have to upgrade your infrastructure.

try having a top notch ecnonomy with the thrid world infrastructure

Your posts are driving them mad, but then most of them have no clue about american history so who knows they may actually learn something

Roaring Twenties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These infrastructure programs were mostly left to the local governments in both Canada and the United States. Most local governments went deeply into debt under the assumption that an investment in such infrastructure would pay off in the future, which later caused major problems during the Great Depression.[citation needed] In both Canada and the United States, the federal governments did the reverse, using the decade to pay down war debts and roll back some of the taxes that had been introduced during the war

By MICHAEL COOPER

More than a quarter of the nation’s bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete. Leaky pipes lose an estimated seven billion gallons of clean drinking water every day. And aging sewage systems send billions of gallons of untreated wastewater cascading into the nation’s waterways each year.

I think you are changing the subject TM, but since you're talking about infrastructure, how come at least some of that $800 billion or so stimulus money that we were told would go to shovel ready infrastructure jobs didn't happen? The president made a big joke about it, "those shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought". And everyone laughs, well I don't think it was so God Damned funny. I think he'd lied to us then and I think he's lying to us now. Either that or he's the most incompetent president in history. Probably both. Far as I'm concerned, he had his chance and fucked it up.

When you tax the 1% at a higher rate than we do now you have the money for infrastructure.

when you have infrastructure that is top rate you get top rate commerse

By MICHAEL COOPER

I think you are changing the subject TM, but since you're talking about infrastructure, how come at least some of that $800 billion or so stimulus money that we were told would go to shovel ready infrastructure jobs didn't happen? The president made a big joke about it, "those shovel ready jobs weren't as shovel ready as we thought". And everyone laughs, well I don't think it was so God Damned funny. I think he'd lied to us then and I think he's lying to us now. Either that or he's the most incompetent president in history. Probably both. Far as I'm concerned, he had his chance and fucked it up.

Because your party insisted some of it go to tax breaks.

Also there were not as many shovel ready projects because the Bush team had not been alloting states money fr infrastructure builds for years. It instead was used on the Iraq war which they lied us into.

Forum List

Back