Friends in the Mountains

canavar said:
Have Armenians any meaning to this thread?

So, your posts are to be understood as a threat to me?

How old are you?

Not a threat at all, just letting you know that Turks are not the "force to be reckoned with", what you said made you sound like a modern day Nazi saying that they're a force to be reckoned with, I'm just saying that if an Armenian read that, this post would turn straight into a flame. I'm really trying to understand where you got that from. Also, when did Turks become part of this discussion? I thought we were talking about how friendly the Kurds were to Americans.

USMCDevilDog said:
Not a threat at all, just letting you know that Turks are not the "force to be reckoned with", what you said made you sound like a modern day Nazi saying that they're a force to be reckoned with, I'm just saying that if an Armenian read that, this post would turn straight into a flame. I'm really trying to understand where you got that from. Also, when did Turks become part of this discussion? I thought we were talking about how friendly the Kurds were to Americans.

stop stop.
where wrote i anything that you have the right to call me nazi?

canavar said:
stop stop.
where wrote i anything that you have the right to call me nazi?

stop stop.
where did I write that you WERE a Nazi. Read it, don't just skim through and pick what you want to read.

also, this is America, if I were to CALL you a Nazi, I have every right in the world :)

USMCDevilDog said:
stop stop.
where did I write that you WERE a Nazi. Read it, don't just skim through and pick what you want to read.

also, this is America, if I were to CALL you a Nazi, I have every right in the world :)

i didn't write here anything that gave you areason to make a sentence associating the word nazi with my username.

what is your problem.
You live in america. as you said, you are free to say anything. so tell me, what is the philosophy behind this behaviour?

canavar said:
i didn't write here anything that gave you areason to make a sentence associating the word nazi with my username.

what is your problem.
You live in america. as you said, you are free to say anything. so tell me, what is the philosophy behind this behaviour?

Sigh....you're taking it to literal, I didn't CALL you a Nazi or even make an assumption that you liked Nazi's or whatever your saying. I said, saying you're country (after killing millions of Armenians) is a force to be reckoned with sounds like you praised your countries past. I compared that to if a Nazi said they were a force to be reckoned with, it would sound crazy right? Get my drift?

The America thing I said was a sarcastic joke, lighten up a bit.

USMCDevilDog said:
Sigh....you're taking it to literal, I didn't CALL you a Nazi or even make an assumption that you liked Nazi's or whatever your saying. I said, saying you're country (after killing millions of Armenians) is a force to be reckoned with sounds like you praised your countries past. I compared that to if a Nazi said they were a force to be reckoned with, it would sound crazy right? Get my drift?

The America thing I said was a sarcastic joke, lighten up a bit.

I did not even said a sentence "force to be reckoned with"(it was GUNNY-L) nor did i mentioned any armenian here.

what i am trying here is give you the view out of turkey.
ensure friendship with our nations. get rid of the 2003 past, look in the future.
We are not Djibouti or Liberia or San Marino, evrything you do in this region affects directly us. Everything that we will do in the future will affect you, as long you are our neighbour.

So when you do not want this view, you have to tell me, it is ok then.

canavar said:
I did not even said a sentence "force to be reckoned with"(it was GUNNY-L) nor did i mentioned any armenian here.

ensure friendship with our nations. get rid of the 2003 past, look in the future.
We are not Djibouti or Liberia or San Marino, evrything you do in this region affects directly us. Everything that we will do in the future will affect you, as long you are our neighbour.

What do you mean so long as we're your neighbor? You mean as long as we're fighting a war in Iraq? If that's the case then yeah, I agree with you, but it's not just Turkey. Every country is being affected by the war and every country will affect us while we're over there, we're not exactly welcome in most of those countries. The point of this thread was to finally hear about someone in Iraq that actually likes us and treats us with REAL praise, not fake "I love Bush" bullshit.

But yes, I understand what you were trying to say.

canavar said:

Please continue with your Turkish viewpoints. They are helpful and I appreciate them. I think Americans are happy to find ANY sort of support in the Iraq conflict, even if some of them are enemies of the Turks. It's unfortunate that Turkey and the United States can't be more open about their cooperation in this effort and I can see your resentment for not being able to attack your Kurdish Terrorist enemies.

dilloduck said:
Please continue with your Turkish viewpoints. They are helpful and I appreciate them. I think Americans are happy to find ANY sort of support in the Iraq conflict, even if some of them are enemies of the Turks. It's unfortunate that Turkey and the United States can't be more open about their cooperation in this effort and I can see your resentment for not being able to attack your Kurdish Terrorist enemies.

You been hitting the bong again, Dillo?

The Kurds have been the most pro-US of ALL the factions in Iraq. Now because of one person's one-sided view, suddenly they're no longer Islamic terrorists, but KURDISH ones.

I wasn't aware we are identifying Islamic terrorists by ethnicity now.

dilloduck said:

Yeah....I agree Gunny, that post made me cough up my food I'm eating, shit hurt damn it.

USMCDevilDog said:
Yeah....I agree Gunny, that post made me cough up my food I'm eating, shit hurt damn it.

Don't get me wrong, dude. I have no problem with Canavar posting his opinion. He doesn't post here to cause trouble that I've seen.

But if I don't agree, I'm going to say so. ;)

USMCDevilDog said:
What do you mean so long as we're your neighbor? You mean as long as we're fighting a war in Iraq? If that's the case then yeah, I agree with you, but it's not just Turkey. Every country is being affected by the war and every country will affect us while we're over there, we're not exactly welcome in most of those countries. The point of this thread was to finally hear about someone in Iraq that actually likes us and treats us with REAL praise, not fake "I love Bush" bullshit.

But yes, I understand what you were trying to say.

Yes, thank you for your view.

I see, 2003 destroyed many many things that lasted over 50 years. Like an Turkish-American Elephant walking over chinese porcellan.

It will take many time until the citizens of both countries come to point of friendliness where they were.
In America TV-Series such as 24 and West-wing are shown where turks are portrayed as terrorists. And in Turkey books were in TOP-5 where it goes about Turkey-US war.

Our governments are far ahead and see important of mutual cooperation because of geo-strategic aspects.

Yes when you compare USA with Turkey, Turkey is a joke beside USA. So you are right to laugh at me, when i am trying to give you a view that Turkey is "a force to be reckoned with"...
But in this region where you declared to defend American way of life, Turkey is Regional Power to every other state able to defend its interests in defensive and offensive meanings. And these interest are the same with USA. Victory over fundamentalism and Terrorism wheteher it is islamic or seperatistic.
But i can tell and tell you what i want. you will ever see in me the islamo-fascist Turkish man. Fixed View on 2003.

I did not wanted to insult Iraqi Kurds. I am myself half-turkish half-kurdish.
If i wanted, i could post many true facts which destroys your views of Iraqi-Kurds.

But this is not my intention. i only rely on security-politics.
And Iraqi-Kurds have nothing in common with Turkish-Kurds.
Terror from Northern Iraq even hitting Turkish-Kurds.
But you will never understand this.

Every country is being affected by the war and every country will affect us while we're over there, we're not exactly welcome in most of those countries.

Yes, it affects every country. But it is special with turkey. From Syria, Iran there come Terrorists into IRAQ makeing American succes even harder.

In case of Turkey it is the way other round. Comeing Terrorists from IRAQ to Turkey makeing turkish life hard till to death. Today there died again 4 Turkish soldiers in an operation where 20.000 Soldiers hunted PKK-Terrorists in boarder regions to IRAQ.

You will never understand what i am trying to tell you by this. Iraq is not only Kurds, and Iraq is not the only problem in Middle East. I made many many facts in this thread. And time will show that i was true that USA and Turkey will become close again and that Kurds are only temporarily in your interest.

I hope, i ensured for some people here to change their view of Turkey. even if they are only 1 or 2 persons whom i could convince, it was a success for turkish-american friendship. :usa:
It has to be made by little and little steps.

But i am stopping here now.

Greetings from Turkey and in hopeings and 100% convinced that democratic-world will win over extremists whether they are religious or seperatistic or rascist.

:salute:

canavar said:
Yes, thank you for your view.

I see, 2003 destroyed many many things that lasted over 50 years. Like an Turkish-American Elephant walking over chinese porcellan.

It will take many time until the citizens of both countries come to point of friendliness where they were.
In America TV-Series such as 24 and West-wing are shown where turks are portrayed as terrorists. And in Turkey books were in TOP-5 where it goes about Turkey-US war.

Our governments are far ahead and see important of mutual cooperation because of geo-strategic aspects.

Yes when you compare USA with Turkey, Turkey is a joke beside USA. So you are right to laugh at me, when i am trying to give you a view that Turkey is "a force to be reckoned with"...
But in this region where you declared to defend American way of life, Turkey is Regional Power to every other state able to defend its interests in defensive and offensive meanings. And these interest are the same with USA. Victory over fundamentalism and Terrorism wheteher it is islamic or seperatistic.
But i can tell and tell you what i want. you will ever see in me the islamo-fascist Turkish man. Fixed View on 2003.

I did not wanted to insult Iraqi Kurds. I am myself half-turkish half-kurdish.
If i wanted, i could post many true facts which destroys your views of Iraqi-Kurds.

But this is not my intention. i only rely on security-politics.
And Iraqi-Kurds have nothing in common with Turkish-Kurds.
Terror from Northern Iraq even hitting Turkish-Kurds.
But you will never understand this.

Yes, it affects every country. But it is special with turkey. From Syria, Iran there come Terrorists into IRAQ makeing American succes even harder.

In case of Turkey it is the way other round. Comeing Terrorists from IRAQ to Turkey makeing turkish life hard till to death. Today there died again 4 Turkish soldiers in an operation where 20.000 Soldiers hunted PKK-Terrorists in boarder regions to IRAQ.

You will never understand what i am trying to tell you by this. Iraq is not only Kurds, and Iraq is not the only problem in Middle East. I made many many facts in this thread. And time will show that i was true that USA and Turkey will become close again and that Kurds are only temporarily in your interest.

I hope, i ensured for some people here to change their view of Turkey. even if they are only 1 or 2 persons whom i could convince, it was a success for turkish-american friendship. :usa:
It has to be made by little and little steps.

But i am stopping here now.

Greetings from Turkey and in hopeings and 100% convinced that democratic-world will win over extremists whether they are religious or seperatistic or rascist.

:salute:

You hit the nail on the head. Turkey's decision in 2003 creates resentment. Resentment for 40 years of only the threat of US retaliation keeping the Soviet Union from adding you to their list.

How quickly we forget.

GunnyL said:
You hit the nail on the head. Turkey's decision in 2003 creates resentment. Resentment for 40 years of only the threat of US retaliation keeping the Soviet Union from adding you to their list.

How quickly we forget.

Any of you seen the movie "Red Dawn"? I just saw it for the first time a couple days ago, great movie. Pretty interesting stuff if you ask me.

GunnyL said:
You been hitting the bong again, Dillo?

The Kurds have been the most pro-US of ALL the factions in Iraq. Now because of one person's one-sided view, suddenly they're no longer Islamic terrorists, but KURDISH ones.

I wasn't aware we are identifying Islamic terrorists by ethnicity now.

Try again and read what Canavar has actually said. He has is no way condemned all Kurds and merely pointed out that some of the fundementalists among them are terrorizing Turkey. Do you support this action or do you think he may be right in saying that there are many groups involved in terroristic activities and they all should be opposed.

dilloduck said:
Try again and read what Canavar has actually said. He has is no way condemned all Kurds and merely pointed out that some of the fundementalists among them are terrorizing Turkey. Do you support this action or do you think he may be right in saying that there are many groups involved in terroristic activities and they all should be opposed.

What I am saying is if I have to almost identify by name Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists, and ensure everyone knows I don't mean ALL Arabs and/or Muslims are terrorists, then I expect the same from him.

How come it is Fundamental Islamic terrorists who happen to be Kurds are Kurdish terrorists; yet, all other Arab terrorists are identified only by being religious fanatics.

Hence my comment regarding ethnic bias.

GunnyL, not for discussing, but Information.

The Terrorists we are facing are not islamic.
But Terror is Terror.

http://www.cihannews.com/

18 October 2005-TURKEY /ISTANBUL
Cihan News Agency-World

Turkey running out of patience with PKK presence in Northern Iraq
Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan said on Tuesday that Turkey would take necessary steps to end the presence of PKK terrorists in the mountains of northern Iraq.

"Turkey has maintained a certain degree of tolerance up to now, but Turkey cannot continue thus anymore," Erdogan told a meeting of his parliamentary party.

Erdogan said the terrorist presence in northern Iraq must be stamped out.

Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan underlined that Turkish public wants the government to take effective measures to root out the terrorist presence in the region

Erdogan said that Turkey do what is necessary when the right time come.

Although the US authorities had frequently pledged to take concrete action against the PKK presence in Iraq, US forces had not taken steps to prevent PKK militants from sneaking into Turkey.

The US and Iraq have designated the PKK as a terror organization and pledged to take action against the presence of the PKK in Iraq. This latest incident shows that the pledges made to Turkey still remain in the abstract.

The Turkish Aksiyon magazine claims in its latest edition that US forces have carried out reconnaissance operations in northern Iraq, which are seen as the first concrete indication that they will take action against the PKK terrorists.

US officials have recently pledged to take action against the PKK in northern Iraq.

Terrorist activities across Turkey have surged following the ending of the unilateral ceasefire of the PKK terror organization last year. 142 Turkish soldiers have been killed in PKK attacks since June 2004.

Turkish military officials believe that some 1000-1500 PKK terrorists infiltrated Turkey from Northern Iraq last year following the ending of the so-called bilateral ceasefire by the terror organization.

In the 1990s the Turkish army crossed the Iraqi border to carry out operations against PKK militants hiding in the mountainous northern Iraq.

Turkish intelligence sources believe that nearly 2500-3000 PKK/KADEK terrorists are hiding in the mountainous northern Iraq region.

The PKK terrorist organization caused the death of about 37,000 people in Turkey between 1984 and 1999. More than 4,000 soldiers, 2,000 police and about 30,000 people - mostly Kurds - died in the PKK terror.

The PKK is recognized as a terrorist organization by both the US and the European Union.

Forum List

Back