Friends, enemies and strangers.

To much problem to label people enemies as it conveys a specific feeling. It implies hatred and I don't have the strength to waste hating people. My strength is used for me.

I mostly feel sorry for Liberals as they have delusional beliefs and are so ignorant of reality.

Enemy does not imply hatred, at least, not to me. Enemy is a category of relationship that is dynamic. It doesn't remain the same, ever.

Enemy to me is merely opponent. I used the term, "enemy" because it is used in this traditional Buddhist contemplation.

The whole point is to see through these changing roles and to develop an equal kind regard for all three kinds of relationships.

Then it would appear that i am better at buddhist ideals then you are sky.

May that thought give you great comfort. Take care.

Last edited:
Enemy does not imply hatred, at least, not to me. Enemy is a category of relationship that is dynamic. It doesn't remain the same, ever.

Enemy to me is merely opponent. I used the term, "enemy" because it is used in this traditional Buddhist contemplation.

The whole point is to see through these changing roles and to develop an equal kind regard for all three kinds of relationships.

Then it would appear that i am better at buddhist ideals then you are sky.

May that thought give you great comfort. Take care.

It is neither her nor there. It is an observation.

You understand what I'm saying perfectly. Perhaps, you can help some of the others who are lost.

Hey, a Friend is Someone, in part, that gives timely and good council, whether you get the significance or not. A Friend, in part, is Someone you can Generally count on to not Hurt You, or Kick You when You are down. You push the Right Buttons, You will find more, rather than less of them. We All unravel in different ways. Packaging People, Supposing, misjudging, miss-characterizing, compounds the problems we each face.

Exactly. Do you notice what "friend, enemy and stranger" have in common?

Labels? Supposition? Got milk?

Hey, a Friend is Someone, in part, that gives timely and good council, whether you get the significance or not. A Friend, in part, is Someone you can Generally count on to not Hurt You, or Kick You when You are down. You push the Right Buttons, You will find more, rather than less of them. We All unravel in different ways. Packaging People, Supposing, misjudging, miss-characterizing, compounds the problems we each face.

Nope. When we use any of those terms they always self-refer. Who is a friend TO ME. Who is an enemy TO ME. Who is a stranger TO ME. The common denominator is ME. ME. ME.

If you examine who any of the actual individuals are that are labeled friend, enemy or stranger, you find that they are not necessarily in the same category with others. Someone who finds me an enemy, does so because he or she labels me such, not that I'm INHERENTLY an enemy. The purpose of the contemplation of these three categories is to see through them. To see that they are not solid, inherently existing, "real". They are contrived, false, insubstantial.

Last edited:

Nope. When we use any of those terms they always self-refer. Who is a friend TO ME. Who is an enemy TO ME. Who is a stranger TO ME. The common denominator is ME. ME. ME.

If you examine who any of the actual individuals are that are labeled friend, enemy or stranger, you find that they are not necessarily in the same category with others. Someone who finds me an enemy, does so because he or she labels me such, not that I'm INHERENTLY an enemy. The purpose of the contemplation of these three categories is to see through them. To see that they are not solid, inherently existing, "real". They are contrived, false, insubstantial.

If that is the case sky. You have an awful lot of ME going on. You do a lot of labeling yourself.

just saying.

If that is the case sky. You have an awful lot of ME going on. You do a lot of labeling yourself.

just saying.

You finally get the point. Anyone who puts other people into those categories of "I like you"
and "I don't like you" and "I'm indifferent or could give a shit about you" is doing nothing other than having a lot of ME going on.

We all do this. "Friends" are the people we like or love, "enemies" are the people we don't like or who oppose us or who want to harm us, "strangers" are those whose well being we are indifferent to, or who we tend to ignore.

Last edited:

just saying.

You finally get the point. Anyone who puts other people into those categories of "I like you"
and "I don't like you" and "I'm indifferent or could give a shit about you" is doing nothing other than having a lot of ME going on.

We all do this. "Friends" are the people we like or love, "enemies" are the people we don't like or who oppose us or who want to harm us, "strangers" are those whose well being we are indifferent to, or who we tend to ignore.

No...we do not all do that.

People i don't like...i don't like. That does not make them my enemy.
People who disagree with me...disagree with me. That does not make them my enemy.

Friends are the people you CAN disagree with and still like and be friends with.

So here is a question for you sky. What happens when one of your "friends" disagrees with you. Does that make them your enemy and no longer a friend?

Your "labeling system" is buddhist bullshit that i thought you were abandoning. I told you before, i "get" it and always have. That does not make it any less bullshit.

Last edited:

just saying.

No...we do not all do that.

People i don't like...i don't like. That does not make them my enemy.
People who disagree with me...disagree with me. That does not make them my enemy.

Friends are the people you CAN disagree with and still like and be friends with.

So here is a question for you sky. What happens when one of your "friends" disagrees with you. Does that make them your enemy and no longer a friend?

Your "labeling system" is buddhist bullshit that i thought you were abandoning. I told you before, i "get" it and always have. That does not make it any less bullshit.

Every time I think you understand what I'm talking about you come out with a post like this. Bummer.

When a friend disagrees with me, we fight about it, and usually, we give each other some space and then both apologize.

The categories of "friend, enemy and stranger" are always temporary. In the above example, "falling out, or becoming enemies in the moment" is temporary.

Some people hold grudges a long time.

I usually get over my anger fast. I was angry, really angry earlier this week. Then it vanished. Feelings come and go.

Most of my friends in RL I am completely myself with, and they love my passionate nature, stubbornness and fight.

People here on messageboards don't seem to like that about me. Too bad. There are a few people here whose opinions matter to me, and when I'm on the outs with them, I suffer.

There are a couple here who judge me horribly, and always in the same way, and their opinions don't matter to me. They aren't loving ever.

Last edited:
billydeesign.jpg

Forum List

Back