Friends and Family helping Washington Cop Killer.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
"So far, we know they've provided him rides. They've provided him money, They've provided him places to stay. They've done things to distract us to send us in different directions," said Troyer.

Officers believe Clemmons was shot in the abdomen during the attack on the officers at a Parkland coffee shop. The 37-year-old may have received medical help and money from friends or family, Troyer said. And police believe some of those questioned have misled investigators to help Clemmons remain at large, he said.

"If this man goes out and kills another police officer or kills a citizen and these people have helped him get away, then I would expect the prosecutor would take a hard look at charging them as an accessory," Troyer added.

Police are certain Clemmons was in a Seattle house on Sunday night, but was able to flee before police could contain the area. Police staked out that house overnight before SWAT team members determined early Monday that Clemmons wasn't there.

Clemmons has had access to handguns, rifles and shotguns, Troyer said.

Monday morning's realization that the suspect had not been cornered after all prompted police to fan out across the city, looking for any sign of Clemmons. Authorities posted a $125,000 reward for information leading to his arrest in the Sunday morning shooting rampage. Tip lines set in the case are (253) 591-5959 or (866) 977-2362.

Police: Friends, family helping suspected police killer | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Home

So the suspect is deranged. Possibly wounded. Certainly armed.
But apparently took pains to insure no one except police were targets.
The term Vendetta comes to mind.

Naturally his family is helping him. They see this as an "us" vs. "them" issue.

My issue is resource allocation. How much is being spent to catch someone who is not a threat to the public? If the suspect was shot in the torso he is probably a threat to no one.
If it was four dead civilians, say working class Joes, would the police mount such a huge effort? Or would they shrug and decide they would catch the culprit when they found him, if ever?

I never liked Clemmons, anyone who pitches for the Red Sox must be evil.

My issue is resource allocation. How much is being spent to catch someone who is not a threat to the public? If the suspect was shot in the torso he is probably a threat to no one. If it was four dead civilians, say working class Joes, would the police mount such a huge effort? Or would they shrug and decide they would catch the culprit when they found him, if ever?

if he will kill cops he will kill anyone...dont be stupid ....he is a threat to the general public

My issue is resource allocation. How much is being spent to catch someone who is not a threat to the public? If the suspect was shot in the torso he is probably a threat to no one.
If it was four dead civilians, say working class Joes, would the police mount such a huge effort? Or would they shrug and decide they would catch the culprit when they found him, if ever?

Just one - kind of vital issue with this, Charles.... If we don't make every effort to defend those who put their lives on the line to protect us, why the hell should we expect them to protect us? Big picture - no police = anarchy. Simple. I would suggest that the police are far more worthwhile as individuals than the scumbag who shot 4 of the people who put their own lives in danger for you. We owe them.

You have to be kidding?

So you would rather just wait, assuming that the next person to die is not going to be a civilian or a child?

This man should be hunted down like a dog at any cost and those helping aid him, as well.

Thank God I don't count on you to protect my family!

Mike

Of course they would. I have gone back and forth with the death penalty issue, but when I hear stories like this about CAREER CRIMINALS, it makes it hard not to be a proponent. I don't think I am alone there.

You are not alone Ms. Chanel, I want to make love to your avatar.

I can really stuff Christmas stockings with Frogen cheer.

Bet your ass your not alone Chanel. I believe in the death penalty. This asshole is a prime example of why I believe in the DP. This guy just killed 4 people. These folks all had families. Wifes, Mothers, Fathers and children. Why the hell should this scumbag live in prison for the rest of his life when he took 4 lives and ruined many others??

As for those of his family that helped him I wonder what they could be charged with? Aiding and abetting a murderer?? Wonder what the penalty is for that????

If the suspect was shot in the torso he is probably a threat to no one.

Just one - kind of vital issue with this, Charles.... If we don't make every effort to defend those who put their lives on the line to protect us, why the hell should we expect them to protect us?
So he was in fact deranged and badly wounded; or is that wounded and badly deranged.
Why was he let roam free? Because someone thought they could profit from it.

Every time My house has been vandalized or broken into, which has happened several times, the police have done nothing. I don't see how it could be any less protection than that.

Just one - kind of vital issue with this, Charles.... If we don't make every effort to defend those who put their lives on the line to protect us, why the hell should we expect them to protect us?
So he was in fact deranged and badly wounded; or is that wounded and badly deranged.

Every time My house has been vandalized or broken into, which has happened several times, the police have done nothing. I don't see how it could be any less protection than that.

So police are placing killers above property crimes? Whoa! Color me shocked.

Bet your ass your not alone Chanel. I believe in the death penalty. This asshole is a prime example of why I believe in the DP. This guy just killed 4 people. These folks all had families. Wifes, Mothers, Fathers and children. Why the hell should this scumbag live in prison for the rest of his life when he took 4 lives and ruined many others??

As for those of his family that helped him I wonder what they could be charged with? Aiding and abetting a murderer?? Wonder what the penalty is for that????

He got the death penalty. Swift and Sure! No appeal.

your house has been broken into or vandalized several times?....Charley.....move out of the ghetto .....

He got the death penalty. Swift and Sure! No appeal.
He also had one of the dead officer's service weapons on his person when confronted.

ALL who helped this puke need to go to prison for life, by the way.

Have you ever considered being proactive and taking personal responsibility for your own property?

or Is it just too easy to sit back and piss and moan?

When we go to sleep at night or when we leave home, we leaving knowing, though not impossible, it is not likely that anyone will want to risk entering our home.

Try flipping that negativity into some proactive energy and some safety into your home!

Try it and then maybe you too can enjoy life!

Mike

So police are placing killers above property crimes? Whoa! Color me shocked.
One - the police have NEVER given me protection.
Two - the police let everyone know that if they don't have a good suspect within 48 hours a murder is unsolvable
Three - Unless the victim is a judge or police officer.

Resources, police resources, paid for with my tax money are spent to protect police and judges and when I ask for anything I get nothing.
I would prefer to pay nothing, carry a gun openly, and take my chances.

Two - the police let everyone know that if they don't have a good suspect within 48 hours a murder is unsolvable
Baloney.

The "48 hours" thing has never meant a murder is "unsolvable." It means the chances of solving the murder are greatly reduced AFTER the initial 48 hours has passed. It's just a statistical fact.

Forum List

Back