Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

We are back where we were prior to the obama election bribe, aka "stimulus".

Of course the retardo dems are going to claim it's the fault of Republicans. Because that's what they do. Bribe and lie. Bribe and lie.

Which is despicable of them...but even more despicable than bribing someone..is taking the bribe.

No, in no way did I advocate pushing children through a system they have not 'mastered.' But you cannot keep a large, mature child back in middle school when all his/her contemporaries are in high school. All schools in America, primary through high school, have special needs teachers and special need classes. We let kids into high school no matter what their ability and have them work with special needs teachers. The fact their abilities are low is not the fault of the schools but the fault of special needs these kids have regarding social, cognitive, or emotional issues. This is what is different in America as opposed to Japan: such problems are much more common in America, or at least more often recognized. We don't push our kids to succeed despite their special needs or abilities; we don't push success on our kids to the point they are regularly committing suicide.

Not everyone is equal. Not everyone is destined to do well academically. My position is that certain kids should be tracked for college and others for vocational studies. When schools accept that as a way of functioning, everyone will be happier

Uh ... Look up "Common Core" and take the time to become familiar with it if possible.

It is becoming the benchmark in school districts ... And if your local public school is not currently under Common Core ... It soon will be.
I only added this because Common Core so far of a separation from what you describe above.
In some districts when they need substitutes teachers in the classroom ... They will get someone off the street that has never taught before to come in ... Instead of retired teachers who may do it the "Old Way".

As far as I know, the only people who are allowed to be substitute teachers, to take over a classroom, in any school district, anywhere in the US, are people with current, active, teaching certificates, not people taken off the street and not retired school teachers unless they have current teaching certificates. Where I come from, it is definitely not allowed for anyone without a current teaching certificate to be a substitute teacher. I have a feeling you are not as knowledgeable of the situation regarding current education practices as you think you are. As well, it defies common sense and logic to believe unqualified, unlicensed people are put in charge of a classroom. What happens if something goes wrong? Imagine the potential for disaster and lawsuits. It just isn't done.

Also, you apparently know diddly squat about education. Common Core in no way contradicts any point I made. None. But you don't understand enough about education and the role of special needs classes and educators in schools to realize that. As well, Common Core is just another trendy philosophy which will come and go. It is NOT "becoming a benchmark in school districts" around the country. I have a suggestion: how about you develop some critical thinking skills and learn how to use them~seems you weren't paying attention in school when they were playing that tune for you.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the only people who are allowed to be substitute teachers, to take over a classroom, in any school district, anywhere in the US, are people with current, active, teaching certificates, not people taken off the street and not retired school teachers unless they have current teaching certificates. I have a feeling you are not as knowledgeable of the situation regarding current education practices as you think you are. As well, it defies common sense and logic to believe unqualified, unlicensed people are put in charge of a classroom. What happens if something goes wrong? Imagine the potential for disaster and lawsuits. It just isn't done.

I take it you didn't look it up ... But hey, it was just a heads up, and if you want to remain in the dark ... Knock yourself out.
reality-check-smiley-1.gif

I know it is place here ... What it means and how it works ... So what you think really doesn't matter to that.

Last edited:
I am currently in a battle with my gifted son's school. He is gifted...they know this despite the fact that he threw his standardized tests last year (as did a number of other kids). They administer the tests in the library, and apparently no effort is made to make sure the kids are actually paying attention to what they are doing and not just goofing off, because my gifted son tested at a 2nd grade level, which all the teachers and test administrators admit is a result of his not being properly supervised during the testing. The reason they KNOW he is gifted is because the test scores of the tests he takes in class, on the computer (called OAKS) are off the chart.

So they put him in the talented and gifted program. I go with him every morning to school to clear out his desk of the CLASS work he didn't do the day before, I put all that and his assigned homework into his homework folder, and place the homework folder where it is supposed to be, where the teacher will drop that day's assignments in...and then he comes home without the folder. The teachers not only are incapable of supervising the children during testing, they seem to have some disconnect when it comes to keeping him on task during class time, or seeing to it he gets out the door with his homework folder...which is situated about 2 feet from the teacher's desk.

I can only do so much...teachers HAVE to do something, and I promise you, they are not. I talk with his teacher every day. She says things like "I know he's smart so I can't put him in the front row, I have kids that need a lot more help up there"...it's actually to his DETRIMENT that he's smart. It means she takes no interest in what he's doing , at all.

I'm going to have to pay a tutor for my GIFTED child, because if I don't, he's going to flunk! He'll be the smartest, oldest 4th grader in the world, because the fucking teachers can't seem to figure out how to tell him "***** , you need to grab your homework folder" at 3 pm when class ends.

As far as I know, the only people who are allowed to be substitute teachers, to take over a classroom, in any school district, anywhere in the US, are people with current, active, teaching certificates, not people taken off the street and not retired school teachers unless they have current teaching certificates. I have a feeling you are not as knowledgeable of the situation regarding current education practices as you think you are. As well, it defies common sense and logic to believe unqualified, unlicensed people are put in charge of a classroom. What happens if something goes wrong? Imagine the potential for disaster and lawsuits. It just isn't done.

I take it you didn't look it up ... But hey, it was just a heads up, and if you want to remain in the dark ... Knock yourself out.
reality-check-smiley-1.gif

I know it is place here ... What it means and how it works ... So what you think really doesn't matter to that.

No, dear. I already knew about it and didn't need to look it up. You don't understand it and what it's all about. You are the one who needs to familiarize youself with it. You are the one who is displaying ignorance and lack of understanding. You look it up and read all about it: maybe you'll get it, but it appears doubtful. It is NOT LEGAL for anyone without a current teaching certificate to be placed in a classroom to substitute teach and take responsibility for a class full of students. If you think it is and that Common Core has the power to make it so, you are delusional. Common Core is a philosophy; it has no legal power whatsoever.

Last edited:
You don't know what you're talking about. Different schools have different requirements for subs. There is no federal standard. Charter schools function differently than other public schools, and as far as I can see, subs don't have to have a valid certificate. That's how so many students who haven't completed their testing sub until they get their certificates.

Here is the exception clause:

"If you have not completed an approved teacher education program in any state or been licensed as a full-time teacher in any state, your employer must co-apply for this license, and it will be restricted to 60 days total use during each school year."

If the school co-applies with you, you can get a temporary 60-day license even though you haven't received your bachelor's in education, or passed state boards.

In other words, if they like you, you're in like flynn.

Teaching License, Substitute - Oregon Licenses, Permits and Registrations

No, dear. I already knew about it and didn't need to look it up. You don't understand it and what it's all about. You are the one who needs to familiarize youself with it. You are the one who is displaying ignorance and lack of understanding. You look it up and read all about it: maybe you'll get it, but it appears doubtful. It is NOT LEGAL for anyone without a current teaching certificate to be placed in a classroom to substitute teach and take responsibility for a class full of students. If you think it is and that Common Core has the power to make it so, you are delusional. Common Core is a philosophy; it has no legal power whatsoever.

As with most leftists, what you know simply isn't so....

{Many state departments of education offer paths to provisional teacher licensure for those who do not hold degrees in education. Individuals with a provisional teacher certification can temporarily teach in the public schools of the state issuing the certificate. States require those seeking provisional teacher certification to demonstrate knowledge in certain subjects by successfully passing content knowledge examinations. Provisional teaching programs also train and provide field experience to prepare license holders to give classroom instruction.}

Provisional Teacher Certification | Everyday Life - Global Post

Common Core doesn't have the power to tell who can or cannot be in the classroom ... That is up to the school board or state guidelines.
Common Core specifically deals with what can and cannot be taught in the classroom.
It deals with the curriculum, course structure, cognitive learning design, cognitive coaching, teacher leaders, lesson development and exchange.

Specifically it deals with staying on grade level instruction ... And doesn't allow for remedial instruction ... Or the advancement of students if they cannot pass grade level materials.
So either you don't know what you are talking about ... Or you lack the capability of understanding that it doesn't jive with your initial statements.

Forum List

Back