Friday: Occupy Wall Street Zuccotti Park Showdown

walesa.jpg

Activist Who Reagan Called 'One Of The World's Greatest Labor Leaders' Coming To Support Occupy Wall Street | ThinkProgress

Last edited:
Uhm...you're kinda proving my point there spruce.

The PEOPLE is who Bloomberg got calls from. Damn the RW fundamentalist politicos and who they call.

The PEOPLE are who matters.

Marc, do you suppose that maybe, you do not know or understand my position on the matter? I support their Right to Protest. I support them even doing Civil Disobedience, as long as they live up to their end of the bargain as Citizens, Keep it Non Violent and not Provoke Violence, Not call for Insurrection, and be willing to pay the Fine or do the time, if charged. I am concerned for their health and well being. I also think they are in part misguided. DNC Representatives, be they local or Federal, were threatening the Land Owner, with their Powers as Government Authorities, that is unethical, and an abuse of Power.

Got link?

I already posted it Marc, The Link is in your post. I first heard it on Local News Radio earlier today. It was widely reported Locally. The Owners backed down on the clean-up for now, because they were threatened by local Politicians, that there would be trouble from them if they went ahead with the Clean-up.

For Mr. Bloomberg, who simultaneously has extolled the demonstrators’ freedom to speak out but decried their agenda, the protests are a particularly fraught challenge. He is a billionaire who comes from, and believes in, Wall Street; his girlfriend is on the board of the company that owns the park; and he is a mayor obsessed with the cleanliness of the city’s public spaces.

On Friday, Mr. Bloomberg attributed Mr. Clark’s decision to “threatening” phone calls from elected officials.”

“If you don’t stop this we’ll make your life more difficult,” the mayor said, in summarizing the calls. (The officials said they delivered no such threats.) The decision seemed to frustrate Mr. Bloomberg. He said that if Brookfield later decided that it wanted to clean the park, that would place the city in a more difficult situation.

“From our point of view,” Mr. Bloomberg said, “it will be a little harder, I think, at that point in time to provide police protection, but we have the greatest Police Department in the world and we will do what is necessary.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/n...as-cleanup-is-canceled.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

This is what, in part was reported today.

Bloomberg, et al, acted too late. This should have been dealt with over a week ago. From the beginning, the protesters were breaking park rules and creating an unsanitary nuisance. The park easily could have had restrictions that protesters had to be out of the park by 11:00 pm for cleaning and come back the next morning with out camping gear or tarps at 7:00 the ext morning. That is more than an equitable compromise.

Bloomberg created his own problem by acting just like Obama. Waiting too long to deal with a potential crisis. Now he has thousands of people and the wackos are multiplied exponentially.

It saddened my deeply today when I heard that the owner backed down on cleaning the park. I was so looking forward to a confrontation.I wanted to see just how tough these ass wipes think they are.

If only Rudi was still Mayor...That would have been really interesting.

Bloomberg, et al, acted too late. This should have been dealt with over a week ago. From the beginning, the protesters were breaking park rules and creating an unsanitary nuisance. The park easily could have had restrictions that protesters had to be out of the park by 11:00 pm for cleaning and come back the next morning with out camping gear or tarps at 7:00 the ext morning. That is more than an equitable compromise.

Bloomberg created his own problem by acting just like Obama. Waiting too long to deal with a potential crisis. Now he has thousands of people and the wackos are multiplied exponentially.

He did move way too slow. Progressives are like that. It's hard for them to take a direct path. The Health Department could move in at any time, if their Union would let them. :D Still, that covers only the camping and Bathroom needs. Not Demonstrating.

New Topics

Forum List

Back