Friday Night in Texas

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
They came out from the west. Warriors dressed in scarlet and gold (which are also my Marine Corps colors BTW) and paused at the end zone. The Marching Band (youngest daughter) struck up the Star Spangled Banner. The crowd sang. The crowd (about 10,000) roared at the end. The players ran thru to the sidelines as the cheerleaders did the jump, bump, grind, and throw. The dance squad was dancing to the Bands playing of the fight song. As if choreographed every player took a knee simultaneously and paused for precisely fifteen seconds around the coach as he spoke softly. As one they rose and the crowd roared again. Positions. The band began thumping the big drum as the kicking team moved forward.

We saw it all (again) on the new 21st Century scoreboard with big mondo screen instant replay.

High School Football has come back to Texas.

Glorious.

What I found amazing is that our field rivals many NFL fields. It just got the scoreboard installed and the new lockerrooms. The coaching staff on the field looks huge (this is a 5A school) compared to the head coach and two assistants we had when I was in HS. We even got coaches up in the pressbox. The game of course is televized on local tv. We average at least 10,000 per game (for HIGH SCHOOL). Everyone sings the National Anthem and when the players take a knee nobody beefs. AS I said, Glorious. Have a great Sunday.

Forum List

Back