Fresh clashes shake Lebanese city

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Sectarian fighting has broken out again between rival factions in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli.

At least six people were killed, including a 10-year-old boy, and 30 injured in the clashes between Alawite and Sunni Muslims, officials said.

Fighting in the city led to five deaths and dozens of injuries earlier in July.

Rival politicians formed a government of national unity two weeks ago, but there has since been further wrangling over weapons held by Hezbollah.

The Shia Islamist movement used its arsenal to briefly seize control of the capital, Beirut, and rout supporters of the pro-Western parliamentary majority in May.

more ... BBC NEWS | Middle East | Fresh clashes shake Lebanese city

Which moron was it that told me things were peachy in Lebanon, and that Lebanon is a good example of what a one state solution in Israel would look like.

:lol:

Probably the same guy who asked you why 10% of the Knesset hasn't blown themselves up yet. The root of Hezz disgruntlement would be taken away with a single state solution. Why do you continue to insist that it's the ethnicity, and not the culture, that causes muslims to react? Convenient that there is no similar word for hatred of arabs like there is antisemitism, eh?

Further, I guess it's LOST on you that the those in lebenon FIGHTING AGAINST hess are not jews, rather, arab muslims, eh?

I know I know.. blacks can t swim either and mexicans are lazy.

:yawn:

Probably the same guy who asked you why 10% of the Knesset hasn't blown themselves up yet. The root of Hezz disgruntlement would be taken away with a single state solution. Why do you continue to insist that it's the ethnicity, and not the culture, that causes muslims to react? Convenient that there is no similar word for hatred of arabs like there is antisemitism, eh?

Further, I guess it's LOST on you that the those in lebenon FIGHTING AGAINST hess are not jews, rather, arab muslims, eh?

I know I know.. blacks can t swim either and mexicans are lazy.

:yawn:

Umm eer, do you know anything about Lebanon at all? You do realize the Civil war there was between 3 factions right, Sunnis and shia's fought amoungts themselves, and also fought the Israeli backed Christians.

Lebanon, IMO is a pretty good example of what a single state solution in Israel would look like.

However I would not expect you to agree this. After all you are so messed up in the head, you assume I am racsit against blacks and Mexicans because I say Lebanon is a good example of the Constant violence I believe would plague BOTH SIDES in a single state Israel.

When have I EVER SAID it is Muslims ethicity that leads Some them to violence?? It has nothing to do with ethnicity, it has to do with long held relgious differences. Radicals on Both sides are driven by deeply held relgious hatred for each other. I simply believe forcing a single state solution is a recipe of disaster.

However as I always say, feel free to call me names, and label me racist all you want. Your opinion matters very little to me because you can not argu with out childish name calling, and rediculas generalizations about the people you are debating.

You are like the king of twsiting peoples words and assuming you know what they think about things.

Last edited:
Umm eer, do you know anything about Lebanon at all? You do realize the Civil war there was between 3 factions right, Sunnis and shia's fought amoungts themselves, and also fought the Israeli backed Christians.

Lebanon, IMO is a pretty good example of what a single state solution in Israel would look like.

However I would not expect you to agree this. After all you are so messed up in the head, you assume I am racsit against blacks and Mexicans because I say Lebanon is a good example of the Constant violence I believe would plague BOTH SIDES in a single state Israel.

When have I EVER SAID it is Muslims ethicity that leads Some them to violence?? It has nothing to do with ethnicity, it has to do with long held relgious differences. Radicals on Both sides are driven by deeply held relgious hatred for each other. I simply believe forcing a single state solution is a recipe of disaster.

However as I always say, feel free to call me names, and label me racist all you want. Your opinion matters very little to me because you can not argu with out childish name calling, and rediculas generalizations about the people you are debating.

You are like the king of twsiting peoples words and assuming you know what they think about things.

The radicals on both sides don't seem to be dealing with the staus quo too well either. Well, at least one of them has a country to call their own.

Originally posted by Charles Main
Radicals on Both sides are driven by deeply held relgious hatred for each other. I simply believe forcing a single state solution is a recipe of disaster.

Sure...

To hell with the fact that arabs were the first rulers of Palestine who allowed jews to return to Palestine after the Diaspora (around 600 AD)!

To hell with the fact that anti-semitism in the Middle East always paled into insignificance when compared to Europe!

To hell with the fact that the majority of the jewish population of Israel is secular!

To hell with the fact that the palestinian cause was RIGOROUSLY secular from 1948 to 1985!

To hell with the fact that israeli manipulation was crucial to the creation of Hamas and Islamic Jihad!

To hell with the fact that the jewish population of Palestine during the first decades of the last century was so "mistreated" by the arabs that they vehemently opposed jewish immigration!

To hell with everything that even slightly suggests that human beings from different ethnic backgrounds can coexist in peace in Palestine as they do everyday in America, Mexico, South Africa and, yes, in the Middle East before the Zionist movement got going!

Forum List

Back