Fresh Air Media

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Reading Joe is a breath of fresh air in a media world that presents more bull than a rodeo. A few random morsels below to wet the appetite of the interested reader. Warning: link below contains words, information, and thoughts the right wing-nuts may find offensive. Please use discretion as your whining and crying quota has been far exceeded this year.

'Cultural Ignorance'

"...f we give free medical attention to low income cleft palate babies, a wave of Leninism will seize the nation. That is cultural ignorance. We breathe the stuff every day of our lives....But when Americans too poor to buy health care nevertheless vote to retain the corporate auction process, that is cultural stupidity."

"The American defense .... "Well you commie bastard, I ain't ever seen a sweatshop and I got no Asian kids chained in the basement. So I've got what the guvment calls plausible deniability. Go fuck yerself!"

"Cultural stupidity might not be so bad, were it not self-reproducing and viral, and prone to place stupid people in charge. All of us have, at some point, looked at a boss and asked ourselves how such a numb-nuts could end up in charge of the joint."

"The other half, the liberal half, concludes that Bristol's bad dancing is part of her spawn-of-the-Devil mama's plan to take over the country, and make millions in the process, not to mention make Tina Fey and Jon Stewart richer than they already are. That's a tall order for a squirrel brained woman who recently asked a black president to "refutiate" the NAACP (though I kinda like refutiate, myself). Cultural stupidity accounts for virtually every aspect of Sarah Palin, both as a person and a political icon. Which, come to think of it, may be a pretty good reason not to "misunderstimate" her. After all, we're still talking about her in both political camps. And the woman OWNS the Huffington Post, fer Christsake. Not to mention a franchise on cultural ignorance."

Joe Bageant: AMERICA: Y UR PEEPS B SO DUM?

Joe Bageant

There is no such thing as "Free Medical Care", someone has to pay for it. Joe Bageant is wrong from the git' go.

Forum List

Back