French Wine?

Joz said:
What wine would you reccomend for someone who doesn't drink or doesn't particularly like the 'wine' taste? I've tried expensive champagne and local bar wine. I did try a rapsberry zin that was palatable to me, at a wedding (we were working) about 4 years ago but have never been able to find it. It alway looks so inviting, and there are times when I'd like to appear grown up & sociable.

Actually, the dimple on the bottom of the bottle has nothing to do w/ the quality of the wine inside.

Best rule of thumb? Stay away from the mainstream "grocery store" brands when you don't know what you're looking for.

I'd recommend starting with Reisling - not a Johanasburg as theyr'e too dry for most folks starting out in wine... but just a standard Reisling...

If you like sweet, try looking for "Late Harvest" or "Ice Wine" - those are classified as "dessert wines" because they have a very high residual sugar.

If you want to try a Red wine to start with - look for Pinot Nior - they're very forgiving for wine newbies as they don't have the heavy tannin found in Cabs and Merlots..

I personally don't much like wine, but I found that I do like some of them.

Corbett Canyon is good for the layperson. It tastes good to the unlearned like me.

-Cp said:
Actually, the dimple on the bottom of the bottle has nothing to do w/ the quality of the wine inside.

I told you, Joz...the experts are going to roast me!

I stand by my guidelines....I never claimed it had anything to do with the quality of the wine.....it is just one of my guideliines to picking a bottle....Like Fat Bastard or Ecco Domani...reasonably priced, good taste, and a nice dimple, as well as a label that can keep your attention for a minute or two.

Fmr jarhead said:

I stand by my guidelines....I never claimed it had anything to do with the quality of the wine.....it is just one of my guideliines to picking a bottle....Like Fat Bastard or Ecco Domani...reasonably priced, good taste, and a nice dimple, as well as a label that can keep your attention for a minute or two.

Too bad that Fat Bastard is a French wine you traitor! :p

Fmr jarhead said:
Hey, their standards are different than ours.

The wedding reception was held, no less, at Buffalo Trace Distillery in KY. The wine was by RED VINE. I have found every other name of vine but no 'red vine'.
Thanks for the input guys.

Forum List

Back