French Weekly to Publish Life of Mohammed Comics

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Rachel Hirshfeld
30/12/12

Charlie Hebdo, the French weekly known for publishing satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed and enraging much of the Muslim world, said Sunday that it plans to release a comic book biography of Islam’s founder that will be strictly educational.

The weekly often depicts Islam’s prophet using caricatures and parodies in an effort to defend free speech and defy the anger of Muslims who believe depicting Mohammed visually is sacrilegious.

The series, entitled "Muhammad's Life," will be “an Islamically authorized biography because it is being written by Muslim commentators,” said the weekly's publisher, known only as Charb.

“The only thing we are doing is transferring the text to images,” he said, adding that he doesn’t think that “higher Muslim minds could find anything inappropriate” with the content.

The biography will be published Wednesday and was put together by a Franco-Tunisian researcher known only as Zineb, Charb said, according to AFP.

(Excerpt)

Read more at:
French Weekly to Publish Life of Mohammed Comics - Middle East - News - Israel National News

shtf.gif

Cool. They should do a sitcom too. Nothing is going to hit any fans. Nice graphc though.

Cool. They should do a sitcom too. Nothing is going to hit any fans. Nice graphc though.

are you kidding?

the fatwas are going to fly!!! And every nut case muslim is going to be bat shit crazy offended and go on a killing spree.

:woohoo:

are you kidding?

the fatwas are going to fly!!! And every nut case muslim is going to be bat shit crazy offended and go on a killing spree.

:woohoo:

I could post a cartoon everyday and I guarantee no one is gonna whack me.

Last edited:
Better tell all the country's firefighters and police that all vacations and other leaves of absences are canceled until further notice.

Forum List

Back