French warships capture pirates

I blame Voltaire for the problems of French diplomacy. He was a brilliant man but I would not want him to run a state.

Paris is beautiful, the food spectacular, the women, well there is art and then there is art, and they have art, but the French problem with politics is this, they think they can out think any problem, always talk it away.

There are people on this Earth, Saddam for instance, who really do not respond to clever conversation.

To be fair French President Sarkozy is some what the contrary, to the point where he has advised the current American President we have to live in the real world.

Perhaps it is America that has a real French President now?

The french were catching pirates before the US even existed, I don't really get where the "french are pussies" mentality comes from ...

french_frigate.JPG

The frenchies already have a military history that americans can only dream of

French Military Victory History in a Nutshell

French Military History in a Nutshell

Gallic Wars: Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War: Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare - "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchmen."

Italian Wars: Lost. France becomes the first and only country ever to lose two wars when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion: France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.

Thirty Years' War: France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution: Tied; Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War: Tied.

War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War: Lost, but claimed as a tie. Deluded Frogophiles the world over label the period as the height of French Military Power.

War of the Spanish Succession: Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution: In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting".

French Revolution: Won, primarily due to the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars: Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War: Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

WWI: Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like not only to sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

WWII: Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina: Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion: Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a Western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare -"We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Eskimos.

War on Terrorism: France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe.

I blame Voltaire for the problems of French diplomacy. He was a brilliant man but I would not want him to run a state.

Paris is beautiful, the food spectacular, the women, well there is art and then there is art, and they have art, but the French problem with politics is this, they think they can out think any problem, always talk it away.

There are people on this Earth, Saddam for instance, who really do not respond to clever conversation.

To be fair French President Sarkozy is some what the contrary, to the point where he has advised the current American President we have to live in the real world.

:thup: I concur. Mais, on mange bien a Lyon, aussi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdBndu0YUM]YouTube - Pepe Le Pew[/ame]

it starts with early indoctrination..the french thing....

French politicians and their government is one thing; French military is something else. I've worked with the French equivalent of special forces on several occasions. These guys certainly have my respect. As for the whole macho thing, the French military is pretty pragmatic. They don't let rules of engagement get in the way of good decisions.

The only downside of Paris is the Parisians. What a bunch of up-my-own-ass shallow fools they are. The rest of the French, however, are damned fine people.

You mean this guy caught a pirate?

French%20Navy.jpg

In fairness, all naval uniforms of all nations look equally homosexual.

In more fairness, anyone who wants to bag on the French's ability to fight should read "A Street Without Joy" or "Hell In A Very Small Place".

No surrendering at Dien Bien Phu. Just a fight to the death.

The french were catching pirates before the US even existed, I don't really get where the "french are pussies" mentality comes from ...

Probably WWII. :lol: The English are the same way toward the French.

Maybe it is something american colonists inherited from their homeland? (The mighty english empire :tongue: ) Not much seems to have changed since then looking at how many americans view "the French" (only the fact that americans forgot who they really are in debt to when it comes to the independance of the USA and that the one statue that symbolizes the USA is French :rolleyes:)

Maybe it is because he is the son of an Hungarian immigrant (and not really a frenchie) :lol: Although he does aspire to that other great small French guy.

sarkozy-napoleon-le-petit.png

Last edited:
French politicians and their government is one thing; French military is something else. I've worked with the French equivalent of special forces on several occasions. These guys certainly have my respect. As for the whole macho thing, the French military is pretty pragmatic. They don't let rules of engagement get in the way of good decisions.

I wonder if the French would prosecute their "Seal Team" if they actually struck a pirate or terrorist?

I wonder if the French would prosecute their "Seal Team" if they actually struck a pirate or terrorist?

They would probably give them a Medal.

Forum List

Back