French warships capture pirates

You are all still suffering from the Bush fall out from the time he couldn't talk to French into invading Iraq wih him. Do you remember? Yeah, he and DICK wanted to change the name of french fries to just fries. It seems the French didn't believe the WMD claim and didn't commit to troops in Iraq.

Let's see...How did the WMD thing turn out anyway?

The idea that France has never been lead to victory by a French man has been around for a long time. It's not something new with President Bush.

As for the WMDs, they aren't in the hands of terrorists are they? That is what the war was meant to prevent.

You mean this guy caught a pirate?

French%20Navy.jpg
Looks more like he a pirate, of the butt kind.

You are all still suffering from the Bush fall out from the time he couldn't talk to French into invading Iraq wih him. Do you remember? Yeah, he and DICK wanted to change the name of french fries to just fries. It seems the French didn't believe the WMD claim and didn't commit to troops in Iraq.
Nah, we've disliked the French since they had that revolution a whiles ago. France has always treated America like a backwards colony, and we've always treated France like a stuffy old aristocrat.

Even after World War II, Charles de Gaul's rule was characterized by resistance to America's influence over NATO.
You're totally ignorant of history ... huge surprise.

History shows that DeGaulle withdrew all French forces from Nato control and made all non French military leave France. How is Eagle ignorant?

Congrats to the French government and the French Navy, at least they seem to have the ballz that many others seem to have lost in their collective thongs.

I do love visiting France, Paris etc Brittany and down to Poitiers, of which we have many friends their. I let THEM do the driving however, and I thought NYC was bad. :lol:

The french were catching pirates before the US even existed, I don't really get where the "french are pussies" mentality comes from ...

french_frigate.JPG

The frenchies already have a military history that americans can only dream of

Last edited:
Yep, its all bluster until the pirates capture a French warship. That will be an epic tete a tete.

* Norman Conquest of 1066
* Wars of Henry II of England and Philip II of France
* Stephen and Matilda conflict
* Saintonge War (1242)
* War of Saint-Sardos (1324)
* Hundred Years' War (1337–1453)
* Parts of the Italian Wars (1511–1559)
* War of the League of Cambrai
* War of the Grand Alliance (1688–1697) (formerly the League of Augsburg)
* King William's War (1689–1697)
* War of the Spanish Succession (1702–1713)
* War of the Austrian Succession (1740–1748)
* Seven Years' War (1756–1763)
* American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)
* French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars (1792–1815)

The French and British have no reason to dislike each other, right?

Eagle, you totally missed the wine versus ale angle. That will start a battle way before some land grab dispute.

The french were catching pirates before the US even existed, I don't really get where the "french are pussies" mentality comes from ...

french_frigate.JPG

At least as late, as I stated in a previous post, the Bush administration did everything it could to bash the French after they refused to go along with his "invade Iraq because they have WMD" account.

* Norman Conquest of 1066
* Wars of Henry II of England and Philip II of France
* Stephen and Matilda conflict
* Saintonge War (1242)
* War of Saint-Sardos (1324)
* Hundred Years' War (1337–1453)
* Parts of the Italian Wars (1511–1559)
* War of the League of Cambrai
* War of the Grand Alliance (1688–1697) (formerly the League of Augsburg)
* King William's War (1689–1697)
* War of the Spanish Succession (1702–1713)
* War of the Austrian Succession (1740–1748)
* Seven Years' War (1756–1763)
* American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)
* French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars (1792–1815)

The French and British have no reason to dislike each other, right?

The Germans threatened them both just in the nick of time.

Stuttering LimpTard is going to be pissed that his DittoPirate followers got caught.
I wonder what message he will send to them this time.

Notice how they started out as TERRORISTS until Obama killed them and suddenly his DittoPirate followers were mere TEANAGERS.

November 25, 2008
RUSH: AP, you have to love the headline: "Pirate Economy Thriving." (laughing) What, should we all join the Somali pirates? Somali pirates, by the way, hijacked another ship, folks, a Yemeni ship. They were mad that they were aced out in the Citibank bailout. They wanted to join Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, being investor in Citibank and they didn't get a chance. They've done everything they can to cooperate. They started out with a $10 million ransom on the $100 million dollars of oil they hijacked from the Saudis. Then they heard me make fun of them so they upped their ransom to $25 million; now they've cut the ransom by 10%. They're doing everything they can here to be friends.

January 09, 2009
RUSH: Somali pirates. These guys are actually terrorists, but just for the sake of this discussion, do you remember when they hijacked that huge Saudi Arabian supertanker? It was the biggest ship hijacking in the world, something like a hundred million dollars worth of oil in there. Remember what their original ransom was? What was it? What was their original ransom? Their original ransom demand, I think, was in the five to seven million dollar range, and I chastised 'em. I said, "Come on! You gotta go for at least 10%. You got a hundred million dollars worth of oil." They upped it to ten million. Remember?

January 12, 2009
RUSH: How about these poor Somali pirates? One of the funniest things I have ever seen. They start out, they hijacked this hundred-million-dollar ship, a hundred million dollars worth of oil from Saudi Arabia, and they demand a ransom that's not nearly high enough, I think it was five or seven million bucks. We on this program urged them to up the ransom price to at least 15 million. They settled on 10

April 10, 2009
RUSH: By the way, I am shocked, and I'm a little angry. I just read that the Somali marine organizers, the merchant marine organizers have now placed a bounty on the head, or a price on the head of the captain of the US vessel that they are holding hostage. They are demanding $2 million for the release of Captain Phillips. I'm looking at that and I'm saying, "What is it with you people? You extort $15 million from the Saudis, you get five or six million from the Filipinos, our captain's only worth two?"

April 14, 2009
RUSH: You know what we have learned about the Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers that were wiped out at the order of Barack Obama, you know what we learned about them? They were teenagers. The Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers who took a US merchant captain hostage for five days were inexperienced youths, the defense secretary, Roberts Gates, said yesterday, adding that the hijackers were between 17 and 19 years old. Now, just imagine the hue and cry had a Republican president ordered the shooting of black teenagers on the high seas. Greetings and welcome back, Rush Limbaugh, the Excellence in Broadcasting Network and the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies.

They were kids. The story is out, I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently the hijackers, these kids, the merchant marine organizers, Muslim kids, were upset, they wanted to just give the captain back and head home because they were running out of food, they were running out of fuel, they were surrounded by all these US Navy ships, big ships, and they just wanted out of there. That's the story, but then when one of them put a gun to the back of the captain, Mr. Phillips, then bam, bam, bam. There you have it, and three teenagers shot on the high seas at the order of President Obama.

Christ....Rdean is obsessed with Republicans and then here we have the Cynic, obsessed with the Limbow......:lol:

french_frigate.JPG

oh give us a break will ya,....give the US the same amount of time and then lets compare shall we....also i believe the Brits can top France in the same time frame...

french_frigate.JPG

At least as late, as I stated in a previous post, the Bush administration did everything it could to bash the French after they refused to go along with his "invade Iraq because they have WMD" account.
Hell. I was bashing the French throughout the 90s for their lack of a spine (like that was news to anyone) in the UN toward Iraq. When the oil for food scandal was exposed, I just laughed.

Forum List

Back