French police detain Putin´s oligarch Kerimov/ tax-evasion investigation relating to a property

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden

Great news, look like Putin´s thugs start to have tuff time in the West...comments?

"

police have detained Russian oligarch Suleiman Kerimov in Nice, Russia’s consulate in France said on Tuesday. Mr Kerimov, who is also a member of Russia’s upper House of Parliament, was detained Monday evening at Nice airport and taken to a police station, an unnamed consulate officer told state news wire RIA NOVOSTI. Mr Kerimov has been detained in regards to a tax-evasion investigation relating to a property he owns on the French Riviera, a person close to the case said..... Mr Kerimov, 51, is worth $6.3bn, according to Russia’s edition of Forbes magazine. His family’s main asset is Polyus, Russia’s largest gold producer, which raised $880m in a London secondary public offering this year."
Subscribe to read

Great news, look like Putin´s thugs start to have tuff time in the West...comments?

"

police have detained Russian oligarch Suleiman Kerimov in Nice, Russia’s consulate in France said on Tuesday. Mr Kerimov, who is also a member of Russia’s upper House of Parliament, was detained Monday evening at Nice airport and taken to a police station, an unnamed consulate officer told state news wire RIA NOVOSTI. Mr Kerimov has been detained in regards to a tax-evasion investigation relating to a property he owns on the French Riviera, a person close to the case said..... Mr Kerimov, 51, is worth $6.3bn, according to Russia’s edition of Forbes magazine. His family’s main asset is Polyus, Russia’s largest gold producer, which raised $880m in a London secondary public offering this year."
Subscribe to read
Isn't this petty? How much is the property tax on that property? And if he is $6.3bn then can't he just pay it from his side pocket? I think that this is odd, it can't possibly be that much. Did he commit real crimes?

"

Subscribe to read
Isn't this petty? How much is the property tax on that property? And if he is $6.3bn then can't he just pay it from his side pocket? I think that this is odd, it can't possibly be that much. Did he commit real crimes?
Putin is a real criminal for you or he just fuc4s a bit with "property tax on "his" property"?

"

Subscribe to read
Putin is a real criminal for you or he just fuc4s a bit with "property tax on "his" property"?

I don't see these people as criminals. Far more criminal is a sophisticated government that uses super computers to hunt down its unsuspecting citizens.

"

Subscribe to read

I don't see these people as criminals. Far more criminal is a sophisticated government that uses super computers to hunt down its unsuspecting citizens.
the USA lost war against Muscovite Kleptocracy (Putler´s thugs) and you say "I don't see these people as criminals." are you posting from Olgino?

"

Subscribe to read

the USA lost war against Muscovite Kleptocracy (Putler´s thugs) and you say "I don't see these people as criminals." are you posting from Olgino?

The real loser is not the USA but Europe, especially Britain. The U.K. sold itself out completely to the Russian oligarchs, and now they are trying to shake down the shortfall on their own little people. A basket case country. France too is not far behind in that. And this thread is about a French incident.

"

Subscribe to read

The real loser is not the USA but Europe, especially Britain. The U.K. sold itself out completely to the Russian oligarchs, and now they are trying to shake down the shortfall on their own little people. A basket case country. France too is not far behind in that. And this thread is about a French incident.

you made a good point, USA is preparing new law , which will make Muscovite dirty money illegal in the USA , my guess UK, France , Italy will follow the USA lead

"
How to use Trump Tower and other luxury high-rises to clean dirty money, run an international crime syndicate, and propel a failed real estate developer into the White House."
Trump’s Russian Laundromat
"
Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings - Reuters
www.reuters.com/investigates/special.../usa-trump-property/

17 mars 2017 - But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have ... of the seven properties were the product of an agreement the New York property ..."

you made a good point, USA is preparing new law , which will make Muscovite dirty money illegal in the USA , my guess UK, France , Italy will follow the USA lead

"
How to use Trump Tower and other luxury high-rises to clean dirty money, run an international crime syndicate, and propel a failed real estate developer into the White House."
"

17 mars 2017 - But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have ... of the seven properties were the product of an agreement the New York property ..."

Writing new laws is never against criminals. Especially not against these big ones. New laws are always for putting little people away, not the criminals. So if they are writing new laws, too bad for you, they will hit you first.

"
"

Writing new laws is never against criminals. Especially not against these big ones. New laws are always for putting little people away, not the criminals. So if they are writing new laws, too bad for you, they will hit you first.

you must be joking i have 0 connection to the Kremlin thugs , do you?

"
A key provision (section 241) of the new Russian sanctions law mandates applying stronger pressure on Russian oligarchs.

The law states that an interagency report, compiled by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence and the Secretary of State, will identify the major Russian oligarchs, "as determined by their closeness to the Russian regime and their net worth" (including that of their spouses, children, parents, and siblings), and their connection to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Section 241 also specifies that the report should include the role of Russian parastatal entities in the Russian economy, their leadership, beneficial ownership, and any of their existing non-Russian business affiliations (i.e. assets and investments abroad).

Additionally, the law requires an assessment of the exposure of key U.S. economic sectors – with special attention devoted to the banking, securities, insurance and real estate sectors – to Russian politically exposed persons (PEPs, i.e. people who have been entrusted with a prominent public function) and parastatal organizations,.

The report will also assess the effects of secondary sanctions on Russian oligarchs, state-owned and parastatal entities, and their consequences for the economies of Russia, the U.S. and its allies.

Previously, the sanctions targeted only a handful of oligarchs, including Gennady Timchenko, the brothers Arkady and Boris Rotenberg, and Yury Kovalchuk. According to the European media platform, Euractiv.com, that specializes in EU policy, the new law sanctioning Russian oligarchs "could have tremendous implications for a wide group of Russia-focused businesses and individuals – from joint venture partners in strategic projects to private wealth managers operating out of London, New York, Monaco, Geneva, Hong Kong, etc.""

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3364/text#toc-H39BCF00CC37D4369B380F88A083A940A

"
"

you must be joking i have 0 connection to the Kremlin thugs , do you?

"
A key provision (section 241) of the new Russian sanctions law mandates applying stronger pressure on Russian oligarchs.

The law states that an interagency report, compiled by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence and the Secretary of State, will identify the major Russian oligarchs, "as determined by their closeness to the Russian regime and their net worth" (including that of their spouses, children, parents, and siblings), and their connection to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Section 241 also specifies that the report should include the role of Russian parastatal entities in the Russian economy, their leadership, beneficial ownership, and any of their existing non-Russian business affiliations (i.e. assets and investments abroad).

Additionally, the law requires an assessment of the exposure of key U.S. economic sectors – with special attention devoted to the banking, securities, insurance and real estate sectors – to Russian politically exposed persons (PEPs, i.e. people who have been entrusted with a prominent public function) and parastatal organizations,.

The report will also assess the effects of secondary sanctions on Russian oligarchs, state-owned and parastatal entities, and their consequences for the economies of Russia, the U.S. and its allies.

Previously, the sanctions targeted only a handful of oligarchs, including Gennady Timchenko, the brothers Arkady and Boris Rotenberg, and Yury Kovalchuk. According to the European media platform, Euractiv.com, that specializes in EU policy, the new law sanctioning Russian oligarchs "could have tremendous implications for a wide group of Russia-focused businesses and individuals – from joint venture partners in strategic projects to private wealth managers operating out of London, New York, Monaco, Geneva, Hong Kong, etc.""

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3364/text#toc-H39BCF00CC37D4369B380F88A083A940A

Okay, this one is much better. But still there are too many laws that pretend to be a protection against various enemies but in reality they are just laws against regular people. This law is good though. As long as it doesn't get out of hand as usual.

Oops, before I forget, (this is an interesting thread,) the new laws and procedures that target the Russian oligarch is not about protecting western people from them, but to replace them with another set of Russian oligarchs who will be the middle men of western governments.

The western governments themselves are the middle men of ...

The old soviet totalitarianism had the luxury to write laws and put you away for what you believed. The modern western sovietization can't do that of course, so they write laws to put you away for what you have as money. After all the less money you have the more totalitarian can be the power of the ruling elite.

Oops, before I forget, (this is an interesting thread,) the new laws and procedures that target the Russian oligarch is not about protecting western people from them, but to replace them with another set of Russian oligarchs who will be the middle men of western governments.

The western governments themselves are the middle men of ...

The old soviet totalitarianism had the luxury to write laws and put you away for what you believed. The modern western sovietization can't do that of course, so they write laws to put you away for what you have as money. After all the less money you have the more totalitarian can be the power of the ruling elite.
of Coz, BS, the new laws target Kremlin kleptocracy and its dirty money , Muscovy is an Mongolian ulus , you can not make money there and not be a "friend" with the Kremlin thugs ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back