French Fry Day is July 13

AZGAL

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2016
Arid Zona
It seems that the obsession with french fries in the United States is all craving and no understanding. The nation that gave the world these frites is most likely Belgium and the potato originated in South America. Today there are many shapes and sizes of french fries and a variety of sauces to dip them in. When McDonald’s still made fresh fries, the JR Simplot Company sold them Idaho Russet potatoes. Although McyD's uses frozen fries now, McDonald's sells more than one third of all fries sold in restaurants. In 2002, the McDonald's Corporation agreed to donate to Hindus and others to settle lawsuits filed against the chain for mislabeling French fries & hash browns as vegetarian because of added beef extract. french-fries-250x250.jpg Crispy-Oven-Baked-French-Fries.jpg There are deals for FRIES !eb5f0331a3f3e9ef6aa57e4fcea42aae.png at many restaurants. Check online...

Joke, why do they call them French fries when they were originally fried in grease? Joke, my husband told me, and it turns out the Belgium spoke French so they are called French Fries. Personally I like steak fries.

I thought we started calling them freedom fries in 2002?

What restaurant has your favorite french fries? There are many restaurants offering a discount tomorrow french fry day!

The English call them 'chips' ... and the French eat them covered with mayonnaise.....

Thank goodness for the Atlantic ocean..

Forum List

Back