French Foreign Legion Understands: Conservative Values Must be Defended

The FFL does exactly what the liberal French gov't says, as our military should. There are good reasons their usually conservative views don't come into it. Vive la France! lol
French Foreign Legion would be a good wake up call to liberals in France...if allowed to do so. Vive le Legion!

Well umm, yes and no. I will do a quick google search, but in the 1950's or 60's the FFL went rogue and planned to run a coup against the government. As was suggested, you do what your government asks of you and you respect the leadership, even if you disagree with them.

Some time ago I was reading some posts on a well known military site, I forget the reason I tripped onto the site to be honest, it may have had to do with the FFL as I am always interested in such forces, especially after I see a documentary on Netflix. Anyways, there were a number of American soldiers and elite ops who gave heavy credit to the FFL; some grudgingly as it were (as everyone wants to believe THEY are the best). One guy in particular suggested, as a infantry unit (as opposed to special ops and the like), the FFL are probably the best, most hardened and flexible force in the world. He suggested if my memory is correct that they are fiercely loyal, and being from all parts of the world are as committed as any force. Also, they are reknowned for their ability to operate in all terrain and on short notice.

That's what I recall anyways. I also remember reading a story about terrorists in Africa who respected the FFL, and some outright feared them to the point of retreat. Of course, this could be and maybe even SHOULD be said about any opposition unit in combat, I won't pretend to have fought a war but I know I wouldn't underestimate or NOT respect my enemy, not if I respect the life God granted me.
Respecting rank doesn't necessarily translate to respecting the leadership.

Rarely do we ever agree, but on this one we do. Yes, I have always respected the rank of those above me, even if I thought the person wearing it was a walking pile of failure. A Navy LT and a Navy LCDR come readily to mind on that one.

The Dark Romance and Grim Reality of Life in the French Foreign Legion
U.S.Military has been polluted by liberal ideals. Makes me saddend...and sick.

It is common at closed social gatherings to hear even young officers regretting the loss of Algeria, disparaging Communists, insulting homosexuals, and seething at what they perceive as the decadence and self-indulgence of modern French society. In the southern city of Nîmes, home to the Legion’s largest infantry regiment, the Second, a French officer complained to me about the local citizens. He said, “They speak about their rights, their rights, their rights. Well, what about their responsibilities? In the Legion we don’t speak about our rights. We speak about our duties!”

The loss of Algeria? Wouldn't that be comparable to the Brits regretting the loss of the American colonies?

You can hate war still be in awe of the scarily tough guys who fight them...

French commandos at Diem Ben Phu:

french-at-dien-bien-phu.jpg

and smoking Luckies !! Buy American!

The FFL does exactly what the liberal French gov't says, as our military should. There are good reasons their usually conservative views don't come into it. Vive la France! lol
French Foreign Legion would be a good wake up call to liberals in France...if allowed to do so. Vive le Legion!

Well umm, yes and no. I will do a quick google search, but in the 1950's or 60's the FFL went rogue and planned to run a coup against the government. As was suggested, you do what your government asks of you and you respect the leadership, even if you disagree with them.

Some time ago I was reading some posts on a well known military site, I forget the reason I tripped onto the site to be honest, it may have had to do with the FFL as I am always interested in such forces, especially after I see a documentary on Netflix. Anyways, there were a number of American soldiers and elite ops who gave heavy credit to the FFL; some grudgingly as it were (as everyone wants to believe THEY are the best). One guy in particular suggested, as a infantry unit (as opposed to special ops and the like), the FFL are probably the best, most hardened and flexible force in the world. He suggested if my memory is correct that they are fiercely loyal, and being from all parts of the world are as committed as any force. Also, they are reknowned for their ability to operate in all terrain and on short notice.

That's what I recall anyways. I also remember reading a story about terrorists in Africa who respected the FFL, and some outright feared them to the point of retreat. Of course, this could be and maybe even SHOULD be said about any opposition unit in combat, I won't pretend to have fought a war but I know I wouldn't underestimate or NOT respect my enemy, not if I respect the life God granted me.
You got that right zombie man! Rock out!

Probably given to the French, along with much of their war materiel, by the US...

You got that right zombie man! Rock out!

Probably given to the French, along with much of their war materiel, by the US...

Absolutely. The French, sadly, taught us a priceless lesson about Vietnam, that we managed to ignore.

Luckies were better than them fucking Gaulise.

Forum List

Back