French botanist discovered a new species of plant in the Amazon : Fructus cibus

MissAmanda

Rookie
Nov 1, 2012
French botanist, James Devaac discovered a new species of plant in the Amazon :clap2:

The "Fructus cibus" is a revolutionary plant that recycles uneaten food in your home by digesting and producing a fruit-based animal protine.

Description
Schéma du Fructus Cibus

Similar to the species of Nepenthes, it is composed of seven parts: - The lid - The peristome - Slippery area - The digestive tract - The storage area - Fruit - The root

Mainly present in the south-east Asia, this new plant discovered by the botanist Paulo Soares has developed another way to eat in order to adapt to the tropical climate of the Amazon. Larger and more "dangerous" it also feeds on small animals.

With a size of about fifty centimeters in height for the main body, it can reach up to 70cm in total.

The principle of Fructus Cibus trap is not completely unknown. It attracts its prey with brightly colored lid and the peristome. Glands around the peristome and under the cover produce a sweet nectar that is involved in the attraction of prey.

Its area particularly slippery prey leads to the digestive tract consists of glands. Once the decision fell into the viscous liquid, the digestive glands secrete enzymes until complete dissolution of the prey. This enables the absorption of nutrients necessary for its organization.

The surplus is found stored in the central core of the plant. What follows is the creation of a fruit. A "vegetable meat" wrapped in a skin strong and flexible. This fruit-meat has been eaten for generations by the tribe Catuquinas. This meat is used as protection to the seeds in the center of the fruit. It prevents the seeds are eaten by animals, birds of the forest.

Fructus cibus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think people have to be very careful about some of the information they get on the net...

these things are not quite the boon to mankind as one might expect and are not a solution to world hunger.

i actually bought two of them because an aussie was hawking them at 0300 AM and did one of those "act now and we will throw in another fructus cibus absolutely free" deals. my little niece came over the next day after school with her pet hamster that she had brought to show and tell...and you know the rest. i had to call the plant control people to come and pick them up. they put them in quarantine and a week later, they had to put them down.

i didn't even get a refund because the fine print said "non refundez vous. sil vous plait. merci" or something like that. all i can say is if you want a kitchen garbage disposal, buy carnivourous plants made and manufactured in america.

Forum List

Back