Freeze Ahead Dinners

G

Grace

Anyone got some recipes of foods that they prepare ahead of time and then pop in the freezer for a later date? I have tried lasagna and baked macaroni and cheese and both have reheated well.

Another tid bit of information in case someone didn't know. If you ever have left over pizza you can wrap that up good and pop it in the freezer. I was surprised at how well it tasted later in the week and I was even more happy that I didn't have to waste half a pie. Same thing applies for left over Popeyes chicken. It reheats good in the oven weeks later.

Spaghetti sauce, chile, swedish meatballs, and lentil soup are the four main precooked meal "staples" I keep in the big deep freeze.

All of the above work great...

Mashed potatoes and rice are wonderful! I have a vacuum sealer and do things in single servings

Don't knock Boar's Head (bedecked with Bay and Rosemary) 'til you've tried it!

an ancient girlfriend of mine was personal chef. she would cook anything under the sun and freeze it -- whole meals. the trick is vacuum bags. the air in the freezer is what gives food that nasty taste after a while -- freezer burn taste.

I have a vacuum sealer and do things in single servings

I don't have a vacuum sealer so let me ask... Could you make a big pot of beef stew and how would you freeze that using a vacuum sealer?

Single serving meals seem like a great alternative to buying t.v. dinners. I would love to make big batches of food and be able to reheat as small lunches.

I don't have a vacuum sealer so let me ask... Could you make a big pot of beef stew and how would you freeze that using a vacuum sealer?

Single serving meals seem like a great alternative to buying t.v. dinners. I would love to make big batches of food and be able to reheat as small lunches.

You make your stew. First you bring it down to room temp...and then chill it over night. Portion it out as you want it...put it in the vacuum bag and suck it closed. You can microwave, or boil the bag.

If you wanted to make "tv" dinners, i would not suggest that you vacuum it all together....but each part of the dinner separate.

I really love mine! I travel and leave ready to go meals for my husband.

You make your stew. First you bring it down to room temp...and then chill it over night. Portion it out as you want it...put it in the vacuum bag and suck it closed. You can microwave, or boil the bag.

If you wanted to make "tv" dinners, i would not suggest that you vacuum it all together....but each part of the dinner separate.

Ahhh I see, they are actual bags. For some reason I thought it was 2 pieces that sealed together (kinda like meat from omaha steak that you peel apart when you want one). Very handy that you can boil in the bag or microwave. Think that has sold me on getting one. Any particular one that you recommend?

Thanks for those links Ringel. I never came up with any of those on any of my previous internet searches. Lots of good ideas.

Ahhh I see, they are actual bags. For some reason I thought it was 2 pieces that sealed together (kinda like meat from omaha steak that you peel apart when you want one). Very handy that you can boil in the bag or microwave. Think that has sold me on getting one. Any particular one that you recommend?

Thanks for those links Ringel. I never came up with any of those on any of my previous internet searches. Lots of good ideas.

I really love my food saver. I have the deluxe model but i am sure there are others.

FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer - Official Manufacturer's Web Site - CLICK for Free Shipping Offer.

Forum List

Back