FreedomWorks and Saul Alinsky

The whole "the left did it first, and now the right is doing it too" thing is pure nonsense.

Both the "left" and the "right" have been using the same dirty tactics forever.

Politics is the second-oldest profession.

In the last thirty years, the left has dragged American politics to new lows, or at least to lows that had been purged from our system. It started with the insane hatred of Reagan and the pathological drive the democrats had to destroy him and then there is the insanity that grips the left over Bush.

Complete nonsense.

That's complete nonsense. McCarthyism, anyone?

Yeah, I guess Murrow was a bit of a demagogue.

But even so, what about before WWII?

What about Ancient Rome?

Early America was pretty rough and tumble. The rhetoric toned down in America after the example of Germany. It was still nasty, but even Murrow's campaign against McCarthy was subdued compared to the attacks on Bush.

Complete nonsense.

Yeah, what was I thinking? Y'all are the model of decorum...

IMG_2416small.JPG

Complete nonsense.

Yeah, what was I thinking? Y'all are the model of decorum...

IMG_2416small.JPG

Your mistake is that you're holding on to this fantasy that only the other side does bad things.

Of course the left uses dirty politics. So does the right. Neither side "invented" it, and both sides do it equally.

Politics is dirty.

The whole "the left did it first, and now the right is doing it too" thing is pure nonsense.

Both the "left" and the "right" have been using the same dirty tactics forever.

Politics is the second-oldest profession.

In the last thirty years, the left has dragged American politics to new lows, or at least to lows that had been purged from our system. It started with the insane hatred of Reagan and the pathological drive the democrats had to destroy him and then there is the insanity that grips the left over Bush.

Complete nonsense.

Since Alinsky is the one who formalized and perfected these tactics, he is credited with it. That's why he's considered the 'founder' of 'community organizing'.

He was also the one credited with the phrase 'taking the country back'.... which I find interesting because no one asked him what he was taking the country back from.... it is only when the right use that phrase that it becomes offensive. Fact is, Doc, you can't have it both ways. If it's ok for the left to utilize 'organizing' tactics, then it is ok for the right.... and yet the left had a meltdown about the TEA Parties.... while supporting OWS. Funny shit, hypocrisy.

Complete nonsense.

Since Alinsky is the one who formalized and perfected these tactics, he is credited with it. That's why he's considered the 'founder' of 'community organizing'.
I'm aware of what Saul Alinsky did. He didn't "formalize" or "perfect" these tactics, he just wrote about them.

I know that he's credited as the "founder" of "community organizing" - but I've been a professional "community organizer" for a decade, and me and everyone I know in the field thinks that Alinsky is significantly overrated.

He was also the one credited with the phrase 'taking the country back'.... which I find interesting because no one asked him what he was taking the country back from.... it is only when the right use that phrase that it becomes offensive.
Rhetoric is rhetoric. Who cares? Nor have I ever been "offended" that someone on the right used the term "take our country back".
Fact is, Doc, you can't have it both ways. If it's ok for the left to utilize 'organizing' tactics, then it is ok for the right.... and yet the left had a meltdown about the TEA Parties.... while supporting OWS. Funny shit, hypocrisy.
"The left" as a whole can't be hypocritical. We're not all one person. Everyone has their own opinions.

As for myself, I've always been consistent in my statements here. Of course it's "ok" for the right to use these tactics - they always have. Just like the left.

Feel free to try and find a post where I had a "meltdown" about the Tea Parties.

Your mistake is that you're holding on to this fantasy that only the other side does bad things.

Well, there you go.

I'm sure in the next post you'll post all the pictures of Republicans calling for Obama to be killed.

I'll just hold my breath until you post them.

Of course the left uses dirty politics. So does the right. Neither side "invented" it, and both sides do it equally.

Bull.

The right remains the model of restraint compared to the left, but they do get more vicious by the year. I'm not thanking you for that.

Politics is dirty.

Perhaps, but leftist politics is far sleazier.

Limbaugh is in real trouble for calling Fluke a slut.

Maher is in no trouble for calling Palin a ****, leftists giggled at how clever it was. Letterman is in no trouble for calling Palin's under-age daughter a slut - leftists giggled at how clever it was. Ed Schultz got in no trouble for calling Ingraham a slut, leftists giggled at how clever it was.

Limbaugh stooped to a level 500 miles above where the left spends every moment of every day, but there is outrage at him stooping too low.

Comparing the rhetoric of the right to the demagoguery of the left is like claiming waterboarding by Bush is the same as the slaughter of 70 million people by Stalin - which many on the left in fact DO claim.

Complete nonsense.

I'm aware of what Saul Alinsky did. He didn't "formalize" or "perfect" these tactics, he just wrote about them.

I know that he's credited as the "founder" of "community organizing" - but I've been a professional "community organizer" for a decade, and me and everyone I know in the field thinks that Alinsky is significantly overrated.

He was also the one credited with the phrase 'taking the country back'.... which I find interesting because no one asked him what he was taking the country back from.... it is only when the right use that phrase that it becomes offensive.
Rhetoric is rhetoric. Who cares? Nor have I ever been "offended" that someone on the right used the term "take our country back".
Fact is, Doc, you can't have it both ways. If it's ok for the left to utilize 'organizing' tactics, then it is ok for the right.... and yet the left had a meltdown about the TEA Parties.... while supporting OWS. Funny shit, hypocrisy.
"The left" as a whole can't be hypocritical. We're not all one person. Everyone has their own opinions.

As for myself, I've always been consistent in my statements here. Of course it's "ok" for the right to use these tactics - they always have. Just like the left.

Feel free to try and find a post where I had a "meltdown" about the Tea Parties.

I notice that when I use the phrase 'the left', you read that as a personal accusation aboat you as an individual. Curious.

The problem with 'the left' is that they (as a a group) exhibit 'group think'. I see very little, if any, evidence of individuality. I, personally, find 'the right' more diverse and more individual in their thoughts.

I notice that when I use the phrase 'the left', you read that as a personal accusation aboat you as an individual. Curious.
That would be because I consider myself to be a member of "the left".

If I'm remembering correctly, you've identified yourself as a Catholic. Would you take offense if I said something like "Catholics are pedophiles"?

The problem with 'the left' is that they (as a a group) exhibit 'group think'. I see very little, if any, evidence of individuality. I, personally, find 'the right' more diverse and more individual in their thoughts.
And that would be because you're a member of "the right". You find "the right" more diverse because you take the time to listen to them, and understand the differences, whereas you see "the left" as a whole represented by the worst of us.

I admit that I have a tendency to do the same thing to "the right". That doesn't make it correct, though.

Look at republican voting record compared to repubs...repubs do not tolerate dissent. Look at how they vote! Name an issue and they all fall in line

right...saying "you're a poopy head" is your only response.

I'm still right..the coting record of the right proves it

Forum List

Back