FreedomWorks and Saul Alinsky

What's really funny is that nowhere in this thread did I defend Freedomworks for teaching Alinsky's model. Your hyper-partisan ass is simply making shit up as you go. :eusa_liar:

you attempted to defend them by saying "whats good for the goose" but I'm sure you werent trying to defend or deflect with that comment. Thats because you cant defend it...which is funny in itself

If that's what you read into it, that's up to you. I think the Right/Left bashfest is stupid. I don't ascribe to either point of view, as evidenced by my subsequent post about the Middle being FUCKED by BOTH.

You are full of shit.

Albany's FreedomWorks manager trains group | FreedomWorks

ALBANY — Using the rules of a well-known leftist organizer can work just as well for organizations desiring to influence the government to stop taxing and spending, said Nan E. Swift, a campaign manager for FreedomWorks.

“We don’t want anything. We want less. Less taxes, less government,” Swift said. “Alinsky understood how people worked. The rules reflect organizing principles that work.”

Swift was referring to a book, “Rules for Radicals,” by Saul Alinsky, at a 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. grassroots organizing training session in Albany at Cafe 230 on Broad Avenue. The session was sponsored by the Albany Area Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks.

Swift told the crowd that Alinsky advised those who organize against the status quo to use 12 rules.

The rules:

1. Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the expertise of your people.
3. Whenever possible go outside the expertise of your enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long is a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on. Never let up.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the threat itself.’
10. If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.
11. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
12. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.

No wonder they are so familiar with this guy, they study it!!

I believe the correct perspective is "Fighting Fire with Fire". Though in this case I do not prescribe to it personally. I do not want to be like what offends me about my Enemy. I prefer my own path, not his.

Claiming that Saul Alinsky "invented" these tactics is like saying that Isaac Newton "invented" gravity.
Perhaps not by action in the hisotory of humankind and behaviour...but the first one stupid enough to publish the tactics obama gloms onto, and uses frequently.:eusa_hand:

You mean the tactics that everyone uses, and always has?

Claiming that Saul Alinsky "invented" these tactics is like saying that Isaac Newton "invented" gravity.
Perhaps not by action in the hisotory of humankind and behaviour...but the first one stupid enough to publish the tactics obama gloms onto, and uses frequently.:eusa_hand:

You mean the tactics that everyone uses, and always has?

No, the T is childlike in that way. He believes the Right is Pure and Good and only the left engages in these tactics. Even when shown that the Right Studies it and teaches it his brain wont allow him to process that information

Basically this is a list for how a partisan ought to conduct his fights.

His message is this : Lie cheat, repeat and character assassinate.

Anybody reading this board can see how effectively that modus operandi has become the means by which our right wing trolls and left wing trolls construct their every post.

These people aren't interested in arriving at a truth, they are interested in winning elections regardless of the cost to the nation overall.

Partisans are basically traitors to the American cause, folks.

They put party ahead of country.

The whole "the left did it first, and now the right is doing it too" thing is pure nonsense.

Both the "left" and the "right" have been using the same dirty tactics forever.

Politics is the second-oldest profession.

In the last thirty years, the left has dragged American politics to new lows, or at least to lows that had been purged from our system. It started with the insane hatred of Reagan and the pathological drive the democrats had to destroy him and then there is the insanity that grips the left over Bush.

How dare the right wing educate themselves to the left wing polices and tactics of Alinsky ever since the 1970's.

Except that is not what they doing. They said right in the OP that they study Alinsky because his tactics work for them.

See, even tho Freedom Works say that his tactics are useful, that Freedom Works USES those tactics to push less taxes etc and that Freedomworks teaches their followers to use those tactics....The right is convinced that they ARENT using the tactics...Even tho they TELL YOU THEY ARE!

Because the right has been conditioning the Cons that only the left listens to Alinsky. That conditioning prevents them from understanding contradicting information

Yep, especially when they have been using those very tactics before Alinksy became a "household name" amongst the rightwing neocon republicans.

Yeah, all those right wing neocon Republicans like Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, Huey Long, Angela Davis - all Republicans...

You leftists sure are smart...

No like limbaugh, hannity, levin, savage, and co.

Forum List

Back