FreedomWerks (Koch Ind) wants Hatch (R) out

The 36-year, six-term Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: “What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.” Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge.

Michelle Malkin » Tea Party roars: Six-term incumbent Sen. Orrin Hatch forced into primary

It's time for Orrin Hatch to go. Just like his old fogy Utah Rino pal did in 2010. He's a boob and too long poisoned by the D.C. swamp. Hatch caught the liberal disease of greed and is not smart enough to seek a cure.

The 36-year, six-term Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: “What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.” Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge.

Michelle Malkin » Tea Party roars: Six-term incumbent Sen. Orrin Hatch forced into primary

It's time for Orrin Hatch to go. Just like his old fogy Utah Rino pal did in 2010. He's a boob and too long poisoned by the D.C. swamp. Hatch caught the liberal disease of greed and is not smart enough to seek a cure.

But i have to keep asking the question- if the GOP has gone so far to the right that even Orrin Hatch, a beloved supporter of Ronald Reagan, is too "liberal" for some in the GOP, in the most conservative place in the country, what is the GOP coming to?

Hatch is an easy target for the TEA party because they know if they can beat him in the primary, whoever they put up will win the general.

I do worry about the GOP where people who were considered stalwarts for decades no longer have a home.

They want that skinny, water-carrier out!!! I love this stuff. Repub base & Establ. Repub infighting LOL

Livewire | TPM
The tea party group FreedomWorks is working hard to eliminate Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) early this year, the group tells TPM, by making sure he doesn’t make it to the final two Republican candidates who can compete in the state’s uniquely structured primary — the same way conservatives defeated longtime incumbent Bob Bennett in 2010.

:lol:

Lindsay was UNWELL the day he said that Dante..........................................

But i have to keep asking the question- if the GOP has gone so far to the right that even Orrin Hatch, a beloved supporter of Ronald Reagan, is too "liberal" for some in the GOP, in the most conservative place in the country, what is the GOP coming to?

Hatch is an easy target for the TEA party because they know if they can beat him in the primary, whoever they put up will win the general.

I do worry about the GOP where people who were considered stalwarts for decades no longer have a home.

So far right Mussolini would carry the nomination at this point.

This is it!!! I want Hatch to win his Primary because we need that RINO in Washington
Utah's Hatch battles Tea Party in Republican caucus - Yahoo! News
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Reuters) - Veteran U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch faces what may prove to be the toughest re-election bid of his 36-year tenure, as he battles a challenge on Thursday by two younger Tea Party candidates in Utah's Republican caucus.

If he is beaten by a Tea party type, that candidate will win in Utah; the Republicans are going RIGHT off a cliff.

Hatch should survive, he's a good guy, Even Levin is supporting him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOA2ybnefiY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOA2ybnefiY[/ame]

Last edited:

Fiscal sanity?

“These people are not conservatives. They’re not Republicans,” Hatch angrily responds. “They’re radical libertarians and I’m doggone offended by it.”

Then Hatch, a former boxer, turns combative. “I despise these people, and I’m not the guy you come in and dump on without getting punched in the mouth.”

Full disclosure: I happen to be a "radical libertarian". :lol:

So far right Mussolini would carry the nomination at this point.

Mussolini was a totalitarian Leftist who believed in very big government. In fact, I think he just about invented the word totalitarian (at least in it's political context).

Dan Liljenquist is a reformer in an era that badly needs more like him.

Dan Liljenquist

Fiscal sanity?

“These people are not conservatives. They’re not Republicans,” Hatch angrily responds. “They’re radical libertarians and I’m doggone offended by it.”

Then Hatch, a former boxer, turns combative. “I despise these people, and I’m not the guy you come in and dump on without getting punched in the mouth.”

Full disclosure: I happen to be a "radical libertarian". :lol:

Fiscal sanity would be getting behind tax increases on the super rich... because we aren't going to be able to cut our way to "sanity" when you refuse to touch the four big ticket items.

Hatch is more like Santorum (R) than I thought. A big gov't conservative in t-partier clothing. I guess I'd rather have him than a t-partier.

Understood, given it’s Utah; but both are equally repulsive prospects.

In fact Joey? LEAVE.

*I* am going to be on you like white on rice herin.

as long as you post/ YOU can't hide from me.

*I* am going to destroy you.

So much for conservative ‘tolerance.’

This is it!!! I want Hatch to win his Primary because we need that RINO in Washington
Utah's Hatch battles Tea Party in Republican caucus - Yahoo! News
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Reuters) - Veteran U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch faces what may prove to be the toughest re-election bid of his 36-year tenure, as he battles a challenge on Thursday by two younger Tea Party candidates in Utah's Republican caucus.

If he is beaten by a Tea party type, that candidate will win in Utah; the Republicans are going RIGHT off a cliff.

this is getting very interesting :razz:

And let the chips fall where they may.

In general replacing some of the establishment crop isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.

it is when you replace them with koch-funded rightwingnut hatchetmen.

And that’s the problem: republicans have no one else but koch-funded rightwingnut hatchetmen to replace the ‘establishment crop.’

Anyone notice when Pelosi and the far leftist in congress helped to get rid of most of the so-called moderate Democrats in congress that was a good thing, but when Republicans want to get rid some of the moderate Republicans, they are “extremist” Orin Hatch should hold his seat because he is a good guy. I’ve always liked him for the most part, but if he loses? That’s what his constituents want. Nothing extreme about that, it’s the way the process works.

Anyone notice when Pelosi and the far leftist in congress helped to get rid of most of the so-called moderate Democrats in congress that was a good thing, but when Republicans want to get rid some of the moderate Republicans, they are “extremist” Orin Hatch should hold his seat because he is a good guy. I’ve always liked him for the most part, but if he loses? That’s what his constituents want. Nothing extreme about that, it’s the way the process works.

I'm just wondering when this purge of "Moderate" Democrats happened? Can you give some examples? Even Joe Leiberman (D-Israel) kept his seat after being the last guy to still stick up for the Iraq war.

I'm just wondering when this purge of "Moderate" Democrats happened? Can you give some examples? Even Joe Leiberman (D-Israel) kept his seat after being the last guy to still stick up for the Iraq war.

Umm..Liberman had to run as an independent because the Dems dumped him Pelosi purged the house of lots of moderate dems by forcing the health care bill down our throats

According to an analysis by The Huffington Post, 22 of the 46 Blue Dogs up for re-election went down on Tuesday. Notable losses included Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-S.D.), the coalition's co-chair for administration, and Rep. Baron Hill (D-Ind.), the co-chair for policy. Two members were running for higher office (both lost), four were retiring and three races were still too close to call.

The Blue Dogs, a coalition of moderate to conservative Democrats in the House, have consistently frustrated their more progressive colleagues and activists within the party, especially during the health care debate. Blue Dog members pushed to limit the scope and the cost of the legislation and resisted some of the mandates of the bill. Last summer, seven of the eight Blue Dogs on the House Energy and Commerce Committee even threatened to block health care reform unless it met their cost requirements.

Other areas where Blue Dogs have helped put the brakes on ambitious progressive priorities are global warming measures and legislation that would make it easier for workers to unionize.

"Since they can vote with the Republicans in order to get their way around here, that doesn't sit well with progressives -- who don't want to vote with Republicans ever," Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-Cali.), co-chair of the House Progressive Caucus, told the Wall Street Journal in July 2009

Blue Dog Coalition Crushed By GOP Wave Election

Forum List

Back