FreedomWerks (Koch Ind) wants Hatch (R) out

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
They want that skinny, water-carrier out!!! I love this stuff. Repub base & Establ. Repub infighting LOL

Livewire | TPM
The tea party group FreedomWorks is working hard to eliminate Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) early this year, the group tells TPM, by making sure he doesn’t make it to the final two Republican candidates who can compete in the state’s uniquely structured primary — the same way conservatives defeated longtime incumbent Bob Bennett in 2010.

hatchb.jpg
http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/172569-hatch-r-ut-against-removing-tax-loopholes.html

Last edited:
I hope the t-party muscles him out in the Primary & then they lose to a Democrat like w/ O'Donnell :D

This is it!!! I want Hatch to win his Primary because we need that RINO in Washington
Utah's Hatch battles Tea Party in Republican caucus - Yahoo! News
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Reuters) - Veteran U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch faces what may prove to be the toughest re-election bid of his 36-year tenure, as he battles a challenge on Thursday by two younger Tea Party candidates in Utah's Republican caucus.

They want that skinny, water-carrier out!!! I love this stuff. Repub base & Establ. Repub infighting LOL

Livewire | TPM
The tea party group FreedomWorks is working hard to eliminate Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) early this year, the group tells TPM, by making sure he doesn’t make it to the final two Republican candidates who can compete in the state’s uniquely structured primary — the same way conservatives defeated longtime incumbent Bob Bennett in 2010.

:lol:

He appears to have hung on.

Tea Party negatives are on the rise. In some cases Tea Party support is an anti-endorsement. That's not news. But for it to be so even in Utah, that's something.

Thanks for the update. Hatch is more like Santorum (R) than I thought. A big gov't conservative in t-partier clothing. I guess I'd rather have him than a t-partier.

Livewire | TPM

hatchb.jpg
http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/172569-hatch-r-ut-against-removing-tax-loopholes.html

So? A good purge is necessary now and again. It'd be nice if the Dems would purge themselves of all the Marxist excrement that has so diseased the party.

Livewire | TPM

hatchb.jpg

So? A good purge is necessary now and again. It'd be nice if the Dems would purge themselves of all the Marxist excrement that has so diseased the party.
Better yet? I say the ENTIRE district of Criminals be purged...Nancy's 'Drain The Swamp' was lackluster...the people have to demand it.

Thanks for the update. Hatch is more like Santorum (R) than I thought. A big gov't conservative in t-partier clothing. I guess I'd rather have him than a t-partier.

t-partier clothing?

I don't know that to be so. It's not what I meant to say. One source I read suggested that he might have done well specifically because the t-party was against him. Because that's how far down the t-party has fallen in some Republicans' esteem.

But I guess I should wait until I read some more firm results before I say anything else.

t-partier clothing?

I don't know that to be so. It's not what I meant to say. One source I read suggested that he might have done well specifically because the t-party was against him. Because that's how far down the t-party has fallen in some Republicans' esteem.

But I guess I should wait until I read some more firm results before I say anything else.

Hatch has been doing a lot of anti- establishment rhetoric in the last 3-6 months in order to assuage the t-party who wanted him out.

t-partier clothing?

Hatch has been doing a lot of anti- establishment rhetoric in the last 3-6 months in order to assuage the t-party who wanted him out.

Ah. I was only vaguely aware. Ever since Angle and O'Donnell I've been pretty annoyed with tea party extremism and hoped that Hatch would find a way to beat it, but I don't know the specifics of what he may have had to do in order to survive.

t-partier clothing?

Ah. I was only vaguely aware. Ever since Angle and O'Donnell I've been pretty annoyed with tea party extremism and hoped that Hatch would find a way to beat it, but I don't know the specifics of what he may have had to do in order to survive.

I still want him to lose to the eventual Democratic opponent but thats prolly unlikely as he's an incumbent and in Utah.

I don't know why conservatives would be turned- off to freedomworks??? They were all for them in 2010.
GOP candidates begin wooing new delegates | Cache Valley Daily - News and Information for Cache Valley | Cache Valley News | Logan, UT News | Local News
Based on media reports from around the state and postings on Twitter from caucus attendees, many attendees were frustrated by the tea party-affiliated group FreedomWorks, which spent more than $600,000 on advertising attacking Hatch. That could pose a problem for Liljenquist, because many people associate him with the group.

Liljenquist echoed those concerns and said he wants to make sure delegates understand that the support given to him by FreedomWorks doesn't mean he is beholden to the group or even the broader tea party movement. Liljenquist was named the group's "Legislative Entrepreneur of the Year" in 2011.

I don't know why conservatives would be turned- off to freedomworks??? They were all for them in 2010.
GOP candidates begin wooing new delegates | Cache Valley Daily - News and Information for Cache Valley | Cache Valley News | Logan, UT News | Local News
Based on media reports from around the state and postings on Twitter from caucus attendees, many attendees were frustrated by the tea party-affiliated group FreedomWorks, which spent more than $600,000 on advertising attacking Hatch. That could pose a problem for Liljenquist, because many people associate him with the group.

Liljenquist echoed those concerns and said he wants to make sure delegates understand that the support given to him by FreedomWorks doesn't mean he is beholden to the group or even the broader tea party movement. Liljenquist was named the group's "Legislative Entrepreneur of the Year" in 2011.

What do you mean when you say "conservative"?

There are a lot of us who would call ourselves conservative if asked about it in a phone poll. And then there are those on the far right who would call half the GOP RINOs.

t-partier clothing?

The poster/op is upset that there are people here to challange him that refuse to be steam-rollered over...

Hatch is the guy to went gaga over Ahnuld and wanted to have the constitution changed so Ahnuld could become president.

Hatch is the guy to went gaga over Ahnuld and wanted to have the constitution changed so Ahnuld could become president.

Hatch is an idiot on that subject...and I applaud your memory...:clap2:

Should the Constitution be amended for Arnold?

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, a political ally of Schwarzenegger, introduced the Equal Right to Govern Amendment in July 2003, a few weeks before the actor declared his candidacy in the recall election in which Californians ousted Democrat Gray Davis as governor.
If Hatch's amendment is adopted, an immigrant who has been a naturalized citizen for 20 years could run for president or vice president

Hatch was an idiot in this regard. He should KNOW that the Constitution should be amended to make it so with reason...Hatch is caught up in 'Cult Of personality'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back