Freedom... what does it means to you?

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
What does freedom mean to you?

Freedom is the corner stone of our founding. It is what I believe our forefathers had intended above all else. I believe that through freedom everything that we want is achieveable. If we believe in personal freedoms a person has the right to worship any way they like, marry anyone they choose, die when and how they want, live where they want, go to school where they want, and basically live their lives they way they want.

The biggest threats to our freedoms are religion, because they, through their actions and words wish to place limits on our freedoms of how we live our lives. This is not a problem if you belong to that religon, you should have the freedom to practice any religion you desire. Trying to make those who are not members of your religion live by your particular moral code is a restriction on others freedoms, for example when and where you can buy alcohol, reproduction rights, and death rights.

The second biggest threat to our freedom is financial. Freedom only goes so far and is limited by what one can afford. Taxes, the costs of living, and educational costs limit our freedoms incredibly. What makes America the greatest nation in the world is the fact that our economical station is not set in stone. Through education we can achieve any level of financial freedom you desire. What limits this movement is the cost of education, if you can't afford to get it you can't move out of your current financial situation.

The last thing that limits our freedom, sorry to say, is our fellow citizens. I say this because it is people who actively place these limits of religion and finace upon their fellow Americans. They just don't happen by themselves. The government is a tool that is supposed to be used to keep the playing field even, and it is people that have made it a tool of oppression for some, and great wealth and freedom for others.

I rail against the limits to our freedom, I strive for fairness and equality for all, and I will defend those who are set upon by oppressors. This is the greatest country in the world because we have the freedom to change for the better or worse.

Nice speech. I'm sure one of your masters pet Nazi's reviewed it......and your emails and phone calls, bank transactions and credit card purchases.
FreeDumb is a more accurate term for what you have in your current banana republic.
Don't scratch your balls in public. There are cameras watching you too.

Forum List

Back