Freedom Of The Press?

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
I find it amusing that the media howls incessantly about the 2nd Amendment not being an absolute right, and subject to restrictions, yet they howl even more hysterically that 1st Amendment freedom of the press - freedom to lie, to disinform, and to create fictions out of whole cloth and present them as fact is indeed absolute, and subject to no restrictions whatsoever.

They also claim within the same amendment that freedom of religious expression is also subject to restrictions.

Comment at will.

Billy, please just stop until you have re-read the Amendments and then follow up with some reading on the Constitution and its history.

The 1st Amendment is not absolute, as all educated, intelligent, and aware Americans know.

Libel laws answer your snowflaking about a lying press.

Billy, please just stop until you have re-read the Amendments and then follow up with some reading on the Constitution and its history.

Too funny.

The 1st Amendment is not absolute, as all educated, intelligent, and aware Americans know.

Jake, please just stop until you have re-read the post and then follow up with reading it three or more times again to make sure you got it before proceeding.

I did not say the 1st is absolute. I said that is how the press presents its rights under it, and there is a growing body of material to support that misbehavior.

Libel laws answer your snowflaking about a lying press.

Irrelevant to my point.

Billy, you need to do your primary reading. The libel laws clearly rebuke any claim you have that the Press believes it is absolute. It does not, of course. Your wandering arguments make me smile.

Billy, you need to do your primary reading. The libel laws clearly rebuke any claim you have that the Press believes it is absolute. It does not, of course. Your wandering arguments make me smile.

Wow, blank today, eh?

I see you are mewling out of a fugue state. You should wander into the mountains and graze awhile.

I find it amusing that the media howls incessantly about the 2nd Amendment not being an absolute right, and subject to restrictions, yet they howl even more hysterically that 1st Amendment freedom of the press - freedom to lie, to disinform, and to create fictions out of whole cloth and present them as fact is indeed absolute, and subject to no restrictions whatsoever.

They also claim within the same amendment that freedom of religious expression is also subject to restrictions.

Comment at will.
Everyone knows the order of the amendments is a priority of importance order. :uhoh3:

I find it amusing that the media howls incessantly about the 2nd Amendment not being an absolute right, and subject to restrictions,
That's not the media, it is the Supreme Court in Heller.

yet they howl even more hysterically that 1st Amendment freedom of the press - freedom to lie, to disinform, and to create fictions out of whole cloth and present them as fact is indeed absolute, and subject to no restrictions whatsoever.

That is nonsense. No they don't.

The Supreme Court again.

Comment at will.

You are welcome

I find it amusing that the media howls incessantly about the 2nd Amendment not being an absolute right, and subject to restrictions,

yet they howl even more hysterically that 1st Amendment freedom of the press - freedom to lie, to disinform, and to create fictions out of whole cloth and present them as fact is indeed absolute, and subject to no restrictions whatsoever.

The Supreme Court again.

Comment at will.

You are welcome

It's a comparison of unequal attitudes toward equally authoritative rights, ya nit.

It may cross your mind eventually that the SCOTUS is often in error, starting with Marbury v. Madison.

The Supreme Court again.

Comment at will.

You are welcome

It's a comparison of unequal attitudes toward equally authoritative rights, ya nit.

It may cross your mind eventually that the SCOTUS is often in error, starting with Marbury v. Madison.
SCOTUS is never wrong and must always be used in basing right and wrong.

Ask Dred Scott.

The Supreme Court again.

Comment at will.

You are welcome
The truth is that while many reporters knew some things that were going on on Facebook, no one knew everything that was going on on Facebook, not even Facebook. Read more : Here is what Facebook did to American Democracy

The Supreme Court again.

Comment at will.

You are welcome

Too late liberals fought Marbury and they fought Adams and his attempts to muzzle the press with jail sentences for printing bad things about conservatives in government,

Forum List

Back