Freedom of Speechin in Two Worlds.

When will the creator of the ad get a visit from the police?

Why would he?

Using the Obama Docterine of having artist arrested for..oh wait you're right the Muslim Brotherhood never called to have him arrested.

Nevermind
26894577.jpg

If it was the other way around whould it have bothered you the same?

I just don't get it...Why should American Jews have a connection to a foreign power in the political or land sense of the word...Your asking for some special status of all others...

To me, that kind of logic creates two masters. I don't see why you can't be a devout Jew and have no connection with Israel. I mean, God, if one exists has no land in this vast known universe, he can be worshipped anywhere.

And as you very well know, there are Orthodxx Jews that would agree with most of my setiment in this post..

You mean there aren't Italians and Irishmen in America with a connection to a foreign power?
And how do you explain all the non-Jewish Americans with the same concern as Jews?
It seems to me your problem, like your hate, is strictly with Jooooos.
As for the Orthodox, they support Israel in roughly the same percentage as non-Orthodox.

Penny Rich, the only Jewish town council member, said in an email to Chapel Hill News that the town has a responsibility to understand the connection that Jews have with Israel, and that it is necessary to “extend our respect by not accepting political ads that will offend our Jewish citizens.”

North Carolina town removes anti-Israel bus ads after outcry | The Times of Israel

just seems to me we have a bit of a double standard on the exercise of free speech when israel is involved. i really do not recall any jewish posters raising hell when pam geller and her freedom defense initiative peeps were working their magic coast to coast. a lot of yous were screeaming to have the ads and billboards taken down, but what do i know...well...other than marg will wring her hands and sigh "oy vey. the goyim" when she reads this.

Whenever one group of people have the right to curtail the ability of another groups statements regarding political speech then it is definitely a Freedom of Speech/Bill of Rights Issue, In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see, sorry but that is just not right.

That's an outrageous lie. No one said that it was Chapel Hill's Jews who pulled that ad.
That is simply more of your lying to support your hate, Bubba.

It is kind of interesting to note who the first people are and what side they are on that resort to vulgar and obscene language.

It's even more interesting to note who is the first to lie about who had that ad pulled.

That ad should not have been pulled. It's free speech. But in a Muslim country, the creators of that ad would have been beheaded.

Whenever one group of people have the right to curtail the ability of another groups statements regarding political speech then it is definitely a Freedom of Speech/Bill of Rights Issue, In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see, sorry but that is just not right.

That's an outrageous lie. No one said that it was Chapel Hill's Jews who pulled that ad.

Learn to read !!! I never said that the Jews had the ad pulled, what I was talking about was the statement that the town council man made, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!!

If it was the other way around whould it have bothered you the same?

I just don't get it...Why should American Jews have a connection to a foreign power in the political or land sense of the word...Your asking for some special status of all others...

To me, that kind of logic creates two masters. I don't see why you can't be a devout Jew and have no connection with Israel. I mean, God, if one exists has no land in this vast known universe, he can be worshipped anywhere.

And as you very well know, there are Orthodxx Jews that would agree with most of my setiment in this post..
In the political sense many Israeli Americans have dual citizenship and can be rightly concerned about politics in both countries. In the land sense all Jews and Christians have connection to the land. Unlike the Godless Muslims.

You're so full of Shit Seal. Bless you for all the laughs you give us. Sure nice to get our minds of Middle East Muslim terrorists killing us infidels all over this earth.

Penny Rich, the only Jewish town council member, said in an email to Chapel Hill News that the town has a responsibility to understand the connection that Jews have with Israel, and that it is necessary to “extend our respect by not accepting political ads that will offend our Jewish citizens.”

North Carolina town removes anti-Israel bus ads after outcry | The Times of Israel

just seems to me we have a bit of a double standard on the exercise of free speech when israel is involved. i really do not recall any jewish posters raising hell when pam geller and her freedom defense initiative peeps were working their magic coast to coast. a lot of yous were screeaming to have the ads and billboards taken down, but what do i know...well...other than marg will wring her hands and sigh "oy vey. the goyim" when she reads this.

Whenever one group of people have the right to curtail the ability of another groups statements regarding political speech then it is definitely a Freedom of Speech/Bill of Rights Issue, In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see, sorry but that is just not right. It would not be right if it was 1 person trying to show all the rest what he thought as long as it was not hate speech that was being distributed. The very nature of Freedom of Speech is that it offends some people. I am offended that the KKK has the right to march but I will defend that right as there are things that I wish to march for also.

IF SOMETHING IS NOT FREE FOR EVERYONE THEN IT IS NOT FREE FOR ANYONE.

I hope people have read the accompanying link , the ad itself does not seem to heinous at all, probably no one would have paid attention to it accept for the fact that some people who do not believe in freedom decided to make a fuss about it. LOLOL

Any riots in the streets to have them removed? Anyone dead?

Sorry your analogy doesn't wash with me.....

So... until you can find thousands christians rioting and burning in the streets all over the world for a perceived slight...... or find the jews rioting all over the world with a few killings sprinkled in....... you got nothing.

let's keep this simple, at least to begin with.

it was not an analogy. it was an accusation.

who exactly do you think the bill of rights was written to protect?

everyone...

and don't think for one second that i dont know where you plan on taking this.

the individual.

and i really have no plans to take it anywhere. i go with the flow.

Learn to read !!! I never said that the Jews had the ad pulled, what I was talking about was the statement that the town council man made, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!!

Really, Princess? Then exactly what did you mean by "In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see?"
Either you don't even know the meaning of your own words or you are so dim you believe no one will notice.

So... until you can find thousands christians rioting and burning in the streets all over the world for a perceived slight...... or find the jews rioting all over the world with a few killings sprinkled in....... you got nothing.

Ohh NOW you care about the 1st Amendment?

i always have, and my care extended beyond lip service. i took the time to understand it. i would think that they would teach you sailors a little bit about it.

show me one time where i have ever, ever spoken out against the first amendment...EVER.

hell, man. when i took my oath to protect and defend, i took that very, very, very seriously and had studied it before i enlisted and every chance i got. i carried a copy of the federalist papers and the constitution in my ruck. to me they are more than just words.

Really, Princess? Then exactly what did you mean by "In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see?"
Either you don't even know the meaning of your own words or you are so dim you believe no one will notice.

Knock off the Princess stuff, I find it offensive.
Learn to think. Did or did not Penny Rich and the leaders of the bus company decide to pull the ads because they thought they were offensive. Those are the individuals that I was talking about.

Ohh NOW you care about the 1st Amendment?

i always have, and my care extended beyond lip service. i took the time to understand it. i would think that they would teach you sailors a little bit about it.

So now you're denigrating America's sailors, eh Princess?

Knock off the Princess stuff, I find it offensive.
Learn to think. Did or did not Penny Rich and the leaders of the bus company decide to pull the ads because they thought they were offensive. Those are the individuals that I was talking about.

The council, of which one member is Jewish, took action based on the ad's failure to comply with their regs.
Your point ... that "6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see" clearly referred to the region's 6000 Jews who you blame for infringing on the rights of everyone else.
Frankly, I find your POV to be more than just offensive. You, like PBrain, are mendaciously attempting to fan the flames of hate for Joooos, Princess, and there is no denying that fact.

Yeah but the rep made a request to remove the offending ad. No Jew threw stones, burned flags or killed anyone due to sensitivity.

So just because we dont act with violence, it means it is ok to harm our emotions? Should we start threatening and killing so people would start consider us out of fear? How does it work?

that is not the issue that i brought up. i was merely pointing out that a lot of jewish and zionist posters were screaming about freedom of speech regarding the movie but those same jewish and zionist posters supported pamela geller and the freedom defense initiative and other jewish organisations when they tried to get these ads and billboards pulled...

free speech is not only for the rich.

Yeah but the rep made a request to remove the offending ad. No Jew threw stones, burned flags or killed anyone due to sensitivity.

So just because we dont act with violence, it means it is ok to harm our emotions? Should we start threatening and killing so people would start consider us out of fear? How does it work?

that is not the issue that i brought up. i was merely pointing out that a lot of jewish and zionist posters were screaming about freedom of speech regarding the movie but those same jewish and zionist posters supported pamela geller and the freedom defense initiative and other jewish organisations when they tried to get these ads and billboards pulled...

free speech is not only for the rich.

Yeah, you are the great defender of American rights.
You use some anecdotal BS about Jews did this and Jews did that to justify your hate.
Every Nazi slimeball I have ever encountered has hundreds of excuses to justify his hate but you need not feel compelled to justify it, Princess ... just wallow in it.

The First Amendment was written to protect everyone's right to worship as they choose. This includes Jews. A town government selling ad space to enemies of Judaism is no different than having a nativity scene on the front lawn of city hall.

Forum List

Back