Freedom of Speechin in Two Worlds.

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
Penny Rich, the only Jewish town council member, said in an email to Chapel Hill News that the town has a responsibility to understand the connection that Jews have with Israel, and that it is necessary to “extend our respect by not accepting political ads that will offend our Jewish citizens.”

North Carolina town removes anti-Israel bus ads after outcry | The Times of Israel

just seems to me we have a bit of a double standard on the exercise of free speech when israel is involved. i really do not recall any jewish posters raising hell when pam geller and her freedom defense initiative peeps were working their magic coast to coast. a lot of yous were screeaming to have the ads and billboards taken down, but what do i know...well...other than marg will wring her hands and sigh "oy vey. the goyim" when she reads this.

Last edited:
Penny Rich, the only Jewish town council member, said in an email to Chapel Hill News that the town has a responsibility to understand the connection that Jews have with Israel, and that it is necessary to “extend our respect by not accepting political ads that will offend our Jewish citizens.”

North Carolina town removes anti-Israel bus ads after outcry | The Times of Israel

just seems to me we have a bit of a double standard on the exercise of free speech when israel is involved. i really do not recall any jewish posters raising hell when pam geller and her freedom defense initiative peeps were working their magic coast to coast. a lot of yous were screeaming to have the ads and billboards taken down, but what do i know...well...other than marg will wring her hands and sigh "oy vey. the goyim" when she reads this.

Any riots in the streets to have them removed? Anyone dead?

Sorry your analogy doesn't wash with me.....

So... until you can find thousands christians rioting and burning in the streets all over the world for a perceived slight...... or find the jews rioting all over the world with a few killings sprinkled in....... you got nothing.

• Banned
If it was the other way around whould it have bothered you the same?

if it was the other way around, i wouldn't have agreed with the messaage, but i would agree with the right to have the ads, or billboards, or whatever the case may be displayed.

i will stipulate that if the message was to inflame bigotry and racial hatred, as has sometimes been the case when jewish organisations* have tried to place ads on busses in response.

some busybody nitpicking biddy thinks if you not put the word "some' as a descriptor, you mean "all." this individual may want to check up on common usage and realise that when "all" is meant, "all" will be used., in most cases.

• Banned

So... until you can find thousands christians rioting and burning in the streets all over the world for a perceived slight...... or find the jews rioting all over the world with a few killings sprinkled in....... you got nothing.

let's keep this simple, at least to begin with.

it was not an analogy. it was an accusation.

who exactly do you think the bill of rights was written to protect?

So you're saying this is a freedom of speech/Bill of Rights issue, eh.
Why would you have posted it on this Mideast board? Was it so you vent your bigoted spleen again, Princess?

• Banned

Why would you have posted it on this Mideast board? Was it so you vent your bigoted spleen again, Princess?

this is a freedom of speech issue involving israel and to a small degree paalestine. that is why it is on the israel palestine board.

what i am saying is that most of those who ranted uncontrollably about a film and the possible withdrawl of that film from you tube did not at the time and probably will not now, display such outrage about a actual violation of our constitutional freedom of speech, which was not the case in these muslim countries. i in no way condone the violence but i in no way conndone those who fan the flames of hatred.

your rants and feigned outrage over a film made by a american christian copt from egypt about the prophet muhammad (pbuh) had very little, if anything, to do with israel or, at least initially, with palestine. would you like to continue this discussion as to exxactly who is venting their bigoted speen?

everyone...

and don't think for one second that i dont know where you plan on taking this.

Because this Jew hating pig has no concept of relevancy and reality. XXXXXXX This is Not the Flame Zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but the rep made a request to remove the offending ad. No Jew threw stones, burned flags or killed anyone due to sensitivity.

So just because we dont act with violence, it means it is ok to harm our emotions? Should we start threatening and killing so people would start consider us out of fear? How does it work?

I just don't get it...Why should American Jews have a connection to a foreign power in the political or land sense of the word...Your asking for some special status of all others...

To me, that kind of logic creates two masters. I don't see why you can't be a devout Jew and have no connection with Israel. I mean, God, if one exists has no land in this vast known universe, he can be worshipped anywhere.

And as you very well know, there are Orthodxx Jews that would agree with most of my setiment in this post..

this is a freedom of speech issue involving israel and to a small degree paalestine. that is why it is on the israel palestine board.

what i am saying is that most of those who ranted uncontrollably about a film and the possible withdrawl of that film from you tube did not at the time and probably will not now, display such outrage about a actual violation of our constitutional freedom of speech, which was not the case in these muslim countries. i in no way condone the violence but i in no way conndone those who fan the flames of hatred.

You mean like the jackazz who ranted uncontrollably for days about the "Israeli Jew" who produced that film and the "100 NYC Jews" who "donated $5mil" to produce it when he had to know the Egyptian Copt who actually did it was lying? Weren't both Nakoula and that jackazz fanning the flames of hate for Joooos?
I didn't see you start a thread to counter his phony "outrage" while people were rampaging through the "Arab Street" and slaughtering American diplomats.
It seems to me your complaints about others are actually about yourself.
BTW, to this moment that jackazz still hasn't had the courage or the integrity to step up and admit he was just braying his mindless hate for Joooos.
I suspect hell will freeze first.

Ohh NOW you care about the 1st Amendment?

I just don't get it...Why should American Jews have a connection to a foreign power in the political or land sense of the word...Your asking for some special status of all others...

To me, that kind of logic creates two masters. I don't see why you can't be a devout Jew and have no connection with Israel. I mean, God, if one exists has no land in this vast known universe, he can be worshipped anywhere.

And as you very well know, there are Orthodxx Jews that would agree with most of my setiment in this post..

Could someone who writes with the right hand deal with using his left after his strong hand does no longer function? Yes bu it will always feel wrong. You cqn detach any Jew from Israel but he will always feel its somehow wrong

Because this Jew hating pig has no concept of relevancy and reality.

Seal doesn't give a flying fug about IslamoFascists or those hapless "Palestinians."
His one and only concern is venting his mindless hate for Joooos. Period.

Yeah but the rep made a request to remove the offending ad. No Jew threw stones, burned flags or killed anyone due to sensitivity.

So just because we dont act with violence, it means it is ok to harm our emotions? Should we start threatening and killing so people would start consider us out of fear? How does it work?

Just ask Sunni Man who is proud that his Muslim brethren take to the streets and slaughter American diplomats in defense of their religion. Hell, he even mocked Christians for not having the "piety" to do the same when their icons are insulted.
Seal, of course, defended the hateful slug.

Whenever one group of people have the right to curtail the ability of another groups statements regarding political speech then it is definitely a Freedom of Speech/Bill of Rights Issue, In this case we have individuals saying that 6,000 people have the right to decide what 57,000 people can see, sorry but that is just not right. It would not be right if it was 1 person trying to show all the rest what he thought as long as it was not hate speech that was being distributed. The very nature of Freedom of Speech is that it offends some people. I am offended that the KKK has the right to march but I will defend that right as there are things that I wish to march for also.

IF SOMETHING IS NOT FREE FOR EVERYONE THEN IT IS NOT FREE FOR ANYONE.

I hope people have read the accompanying link , the ad itself does not seem to heinous at all, probably no one would have paid attention to it accept for the fact that some people who do not believe in freedom decided to make a fuss about it. LOLOL

Forum List

Back