Freedom of Speechin in Two Worlds.

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by sealadaigh, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Penny Rich, the only Jewish town council member, said in an email to Chapel Hill News that the town has a responsibility to understand the connection that Jews have with Israel, and that it is necessary to “extend our respect by not accepting political ads that will offend our Jewish citizens.”

North Carolina town removes anti-Israel bus ads after outcry | The Times of Israel

just seems to me we have a bit of a double standard on the exercise of free speech when israel is involved. i really do not recall any jewish posters raising hell when pam geller and her freedom defense initiative peeps were working their magic coast to coast. a lot of yous were screeaming to have the ads and billboards taken down, but what do i know...well...other than marg will wring her hands and sigh "oy vey. the goyim" when she reads this.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    If it was the other way around whould it have bothered you the same?

3. fairandbalanced

fairandbalanced VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Yeah but the rep made a request to remove the offending ad. No Jew threw stones, burned flags or killed anyone due to sensitivity.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

Any riots in the streets to have them removed? Anyone dead?

Sorry your analogy doesn't wash with me.....

So... until you can find thousands christians rioting and burning in the streets all over the world for a perceived slight...... or find the jews rioting all over the world with a few killings sprinkled in....... you got nothing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    if it was the other way around, i wouldn't have agreed with the messaage, but i would agree with the right to have the ads, or billboards, or whatever the case may be displayed.

i will stipulate that if the message was to inflame bigotry and racial hatred, as has sometimes been the case when jewish organisations* have tried to place ads on busses in response.

some busybody nitpicking biddy thinks if you not put the word "some' as a descriptor, you mean "all." this individual may want to check up on common usage and realise that when "all" is meant, "all" will be used., in most cases.

6. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    let's keep this simple, at least to begin with.

it was not an analogy. it was an accusation.

who exactly do you think the bill of rights was written to protect?

7. SAYIT

SAYIT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,729
    So you're saying this is a freedom of speech/Bill of Rights issue, eh.
    Why would you have posted it on this Mideast board? Was it so you vent your bigoted spleen again, Princess?

8. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    this is a freedom of speech issue involving israel and to a small degree paalestine. that is why it is on the israel palestine board.

what i am saying is that most of those who ranted uncontrollably about a film and the possible withdrawl of that film from you tube did not at the time and probably will not now, display such outrage about a actual violation of our constitutional freedom of speech, which was not the case in these muslim countries. i in no way condone the violence but i in no way conndone those who fan the flames of hatred.

your rants and feigned outrage over a film made by a american christian copt from egypt about the prophet muhammad (pbuh) had very little, if anything, to do with israel or, at least initially, with palestine. would you like to continue this discussion as to exxactly who is venting their bigoted speen?

9. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    everyone...

and don't think for one second that i dont know where you plan on taking this.

10. Roudy

Roudy Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,579
    Because this Jew hating pig has no concept of relevancy and reality. XXXXXXX This is Not the Flame Zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012