Freedom of speach

Status
Not open for further replies.
How important is it to our country?

should it apply to everyone?

Extremely and Yes, even those with whom I disagree.

But, please note, not all speech is free or legal. I can not holler "Fire!" in a crowded theater. I can not call a woman a bitch in public... well, now days I could get away with it. I can not call a very large group of black people (nor would I) the N-word in a derogatory way and expect to walk away unharmed.

Free speech has its limits.

Immie

• Banned
So then there are limits by spelling ability in your mind?

who else?

Extremely and Yes, even those with whom I disagree.

But, please note, not all speech is free or legal. I can not holler "Fire!" in a crowded theater. I can not call a woman a bitch in public... well, now days I could get away with it. I can not call a very large group of black people (nor would I) the N-word in a derogatory way and expect to walk away unharmed.

Free speech has its limits.

Immie
Evidently you don't carry a visible firearm.

I only support Freedom of Speech as long as everyone is pro-Obama. Since Obama is our new messiah, anti-Obama comments are considered blasphemy and the guilty should be burned at the stake.

Unfortunately, true freedom of speech doesn't exist.

Kids can't pray in school. Certain people aren't allowed to use the N-Word. The list could go on and on.

Some will use other "laws" to stop the so-called offender: Trespassing, inciting a riot, etc.

I wish it mattered to people more.

It matters to plenty of people. For instance, I don't know of very many internet message boards that would tolerate some of the pure garbage you post. Surely if you want to try to back door an attack against the moderation of this board you can do better?

This is a privately owned message board. You have no rights. You have only the privileges extended to you by the rules of the board. If and when your opinion on those rules is desired, you will be asked.

Otherwise, if a moderator makes a decision, the proper course of action to appeal is to PM me. It is NOT to continue to try and re-post the same thread that has already been moved, nor is it to create a lame thread with a supposedly innocent and vague question when your motive is quite obvious to those involved in the situation.

Freedom of speech also does not include creating thread after thread on the same topic of whatever it is you happen to be obsessing about at the time.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back