Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Not for any of us in an employee setting.

He isn't an employee you goofball.

He had a contract with them so, yes, it was a business setting, and they could tell him, "Don't be stupid, please" and sit him down.

I've never seen the show but I understand they prayed as a family at the end of every show.....

So A&E "opened the door" for them and their religious expression.

All PR did was to continue to express his religious beliefs when asked about them for an interview with GQ.

A&E is gonna take it up the ass on this one.

Pun intended

He isn't an employee you goofball.

He had a contract with them so, yes, it was a business setting, and they could tell him, "Don't be stupid, please" and sit him down.

I've never seen the show but I understand they prayed as a family at the end of every show.....

All PR did was to continue to express his religious beliefs when asked about them for an interview with GQ.

Pun intended

The network will do fine, and since the control the show's concept, it won't go elsewhere.

Who is stopping him from expressing his point of view. What you don't get and others like you is that there maybe consequences. So either keep your mouth shut or expect consequences.
He does not own the tv program.
End of story.

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

Pun intended

The network will do fine, and since the control the show's concept, it won't go elsewhere.

and you know that because you have read and understand the contract? Sure, jakey boy, sure :cuckoo:

Pun intended

Unless A&E violated their contract. Which they did.

In that case, the entire contract is voided.

That's how it works, sweetheart :lol:

Who is stopping him from expressing his point of view. What you don't get and others like you is that there maybe consequences. So either keep your mouth shut or expect consequences.
End of story.

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

look up "wrongful termination".

I seriously doubt that he violated any terms of his contract.

Just another example of the "tolerant left". You're free to speak your mind my friend, as long as you agree with me. Tolerant my ass.

Butt Burglars are the absolute worst of the "tolerant left". Honestly, I can't believe that they haven't attacked Sirius radio and their "Old Tyme Radio Shows" where the word "gay" is used constantly. Oh yeah, that's right….in the 40s,50s and 60s - gay meant "happy".

Now it is just another term for "perverted".

Again - the Lefts' mantra….. "Tolerance as long as you agree".

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Pun intended

You've read the contract?

Pun intended

Yeah, I can't see the rest of the clan doing the show any longer. I wouldn't work another day for this "network".

End of story.

Please show us the link where you read his contract.

This coming from the group that hates any type of collective bargaining and a due process for someone unionized.
Hypocrite!

End of story.

This coming from the group that hates any type of collective bargaining and a due process for someone unionized.
Hypocrite!

Just another example of the "tolerant left". You're free to speak your mind my friend, as long as you agree with me. Tolerant my ass.

Butt Burglars are the absolute worst of the "tolerant left". Honestly, I can't believe that they haven't attacked Sirius radio and their "Old Tyme Radio Shows" where the word "gay" is used constantly. Oh yeah, that's right….in the 40s,50s and 60s - gay meant "happy".

Hypocrite!

Just goes to show you how stupid one person (you) can be. I was a Teamster for 25 years you poseur. And just what the hell do Unions have to do with being a butt burglar!?!

So you say, prove it!:eusa_whistle:

Hypocrite!

Just goes to show you how stupid one person (you) can be. I was a Teamster for 25 years you poseur. And just what the hell do Unions have to do with being a butt burglar!?!

Who is stopping him from expressing his point of view. What you don't get and others like you is that there maybe consequences.

and we have decided that such consequences should extend to the Left.

Copy of an e-mail I just sent to cnn.com I hope everyone will feel free to use it as a template.

>'Duck Dynasty' Drama: Battle Lines Drawn Over Phil Robertson Suspension | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Between Piers Morgan's views on the 2nd Amendment and his hateful comments about the P. Robertson, I am DONE with your network. Since it has become vogue to wage "war" when speech is heard that people don't approve of, I have decided that I will watch tonight, so I can ensure I've gotten a comprehensive list of your sponsors, and then will be informing them that I won't buy their products as long as they advertise on your network and will send such notifications out once a week until Morgan is no longer a part of your programming. <

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Pun intended

and you know that because you have read and understand the contract? Sure, jakey boy, sure :cuckoo:

Jake, just like his alter ego G5000, knows everything. Just ask them.

:lol:

Your argument falls short.

So you say, prove it!:eusa_whistle:

Hypocrite!

I don't have to prove a damn thing to you, sonny. I get my pension from Central States every month now. Again, moron, how do unions have a damned thing to do with butt burglars? Or is you one?

Forum List

Back