Freedom Of Religious Expression: Myth, Misinterpretation & Legal Framework

Her office is issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples. Kim lost.

Not if you consider her goal was to not have anything to do with gay marriage herself. She took her job before the mistrial "Obergefell" (due process demands it be re-heard). I'd say gay couples applying for a marriage license who receive one that doesn't have a clerk's stamp of approval are the ones who lost this battle.

"To ensure that the sincerely held religious beliefs of all Kentuckians are honored, Executive Order 2015-048 directs the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives to issue a revised marriage license form to the offices of all Kentucky County Clerks. The name of the County Clerk is no longer required to appear on the form," the governor's office said Tuesday. Kentucky governor removes clerk names from marriage licenses - CNNPolitics.com

If a hetero couple apply, Davis and other Christian Clerks in KY can and would put their names on the license. If a gay couple, then no.

Her goal was to uphold "God's law" and to allow clerks the right to deny marriages licenses to gay couples. She failed miserably.

She doesn't have to sign off on gay marriage. I'd call that a victory.

Her office is issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples. Kim lost.

Not if you consider her goal was to not have anything to do with gay marriage herself. She took her job before the mistrial "Obergefell" (due process demands it be re-heard). I'd say gay couples applying for a marriage license who receive one that doesn't have a clerk's stamp of approval are the ones who lost this battle.

"To ensure that the sincerely held religious beliefs of all Kentuckians are honored, Executive Order 2015-048 directs the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives to issue a revised marriage license form to the offices of all Kentucky County Clerks. The name of the County Clerk is no longer required to appear on the form," the governor's office said Tuesday. Kentucky governor removes clerk names from marriage licenses - CNNPolitics.com

If a hetero couple apply, Davis and other Christian Clerks in KY can and would put their names on the license. If a gay couple, then no.

Her goal was to uphold "God's law" and to allow clerks the right to deny marriages licenses to gay couples. She failed miserably.

She doesn't have to sign off on gay marriage. I'd call that a victory.

Obergefell wasn't a 'mistrial'. You're again offering your pseudo-legal gibberish as the law. And, of course, it isn't.

The Supreme Court ruling coming after Kim Davis had her job is irrelevant. As her obligation to follow the law has nothing to do with how long she's had her job. As demonstrated by the judge in the case holding Kim in contempt until her office began issuing the marriage licenses for gays and lesbians.

Which her office did.

Kim lost. You're still basing your entire argument on meaningless pseudo-legal nonsense that has no relevance to the law or the outcome of any court case. As all the same sex marriage licenses out of Kim's office demonstrates elegantly.

She doesn't have to sign off on gay marriage. I'd call that a victory

She can't force her employees and/or citizens to abide by her religious whims and gays can continue to marry in Rowan County. I'd call that a victory.

She doesn't have to sign off on gay marriage. I'd call that a victory

She can't force her employees and/or citizens to abide by her religious whims and gays can continue to marry in Rowan County. I'd call that a victory.

Yup. She was jailed until her office agreed to issue the marriage certificates. Kim Davis was prevented from using government to force unwilling people to follow the tenets of the religion. As she should have been.

All of Sil's vague proclamations that she now 'has a case' falls into the same pseudo-legal midden heap as all of her other nonsense legal predictions.....which enjoy an unbroken and perfect record of failure.

She's literally never been right on the law.....as she assumes that what she wants to happen trumps what the law actually says. And of course it doesn't.

Federal judges disagree. They are now lining up to say Davis and others like her are on the right side of the law,

Federal judges disagree. They are now lining up to say Davis and others like her are on the right side of the law,

Where are federal judges lining up to say Davis is on the right side of the law?Remember, your imagination doesn't have any impact on reality or the law. Don't be shocked when she doesn't file another lawsuit.

It was a federal judge that put Kim Davis into jail until her office would issue the marriage certificates.

Clearly reality contradicts your latest pseudo-legal narrative.

Forum List

Back