Freedom of religion.

I

Indofred

I was under the impression there was something in the US constitution about freedom of religion.

Given that, what about this?

BBC News - Tennessee mosque gets go-ahead after legal fight

A US judge has ruled that a Muslim congregation has the right to occupy their newly built mosque, overturning a lower court order.

But county officials said they could not complete a final inspection to make the building ready for use on Thursday as the month of Ramadan begins.

Wednesday's ruling was the latest episode in a two-year legal battle over the Rutherford County mosque.

Residents filed a lawsuit against the place of worship in 2010.

The opponents said Islam was not a real religion and claimed Muslims wanted to overthrow the US constitution in favour of Islamic law.

Which is the greater danger to the US constitution; those who the right wing claim want to destroy it or the right wing who actually do destroy it?

I am glad the Muslims can now occupy their Mosque. Just because you think Islam is a false religion doesn't mean people don't have the right to follow that religion.

I beieve all religion is false. However I also believe all are free to believe as they wish as long as it does not force itself upon others.

I beieve all religion is false. However I also believe all are free to believe as they wish as long as it does not force itself upon others.

That rarely happens, though. Somewhere, someone is always trying to force their religion on you.

Forum List

Back