Freedom of Religion? Christian Artists Face Jail Time For Not Making Same-Sex Wedding Invitations

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
'Two Arizona Christian artists face the possibility of being jailed, in addition to being fined, after they recently refused to make invitations for a same-sex wedding.'

Ummmm...did we go to bed and suddenly wake up in Communist Russia, China, or North Korea?

Liberals have been pushing the GLBT Lifestyle on everyone as 'the norm', except it ISN'T to many Americans, especially those who have a religious objection to it. Those religious beliefs - and the practice of them - are actually PROTECTED by the Constitution:

"The Free Exercise Clause is the accompanying clause with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause together read:

“ Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

What do the Liberal / LGBT 'Nazi's' not understand about that?!

Liberals can argue all day long about how it's discrimination, but it's not. It is one's personal religious belief, part of their faith, and THAT, again, is protected by the Constitution.

So Liberals are going to demand everyone else comply with their demands, regardless of what the Constitution says, and if the individuals refuse they are going to judicially punish them?!

This is an example of WHY we have the Constitution, why we have the Bill of Rights - to protect us from tyranny that encroaches on our personal rights!

I am NOT comparing these, but let's say in the future somehow liberals ram a law onto the books allowing Pedophilia, Bestiality, or Necrophilia? If Christians refuse to participate in any part of those, even if it has been approved by the government, will the government move to punish Christians - to jail Christians - for exercising their Constitutional Right to exercise their religion?
(-- Pretty ironic since this nation only exists because of a people who left England so they could freely exercise their religion without Government oppression, condemnation, and control.)

I understand laws against discrimination - I do, and I do support them....but I draw the line here. The Constitution clearly states, again:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The government, however, is encroaching more and more on our rights while justifying doing so more and more. Doing so, allowing it to be done, is the start down a very dangerous road (IMO).

TOPIC:
Christian artists face jail time for refusing to make same-sex wedding invitations

SUPPORTING:
Free Exercise Clause - Wikipedia

I can't believe this is happening in AZ.

If someone attempted to destroy my business I'd be in the news also, but for entirely different reasons.

I guarantee they would NEVER fuck with me (or anyone else) again though.

This kind of crap will end once we get two or three Conservative Supreme Court Justices appointed. The lower courts may rule with the LGBT but the SCOTUS will then overrule their rulings.

This kind of crap will end once we get two or three Conservative Supreme Court Justices appointed. The lower courts may rule with the LGBT but the SCOTUS will then overrule their rulings.

I'd say this sort of shit should have been settled through a duel. It would have been in my store. Hope the queers bring a gun if they try to fuck with me.

I'd say this sort of shit should have been settled through a duel. It would have been in my store. Hope the queers bring a gun if they try to fuck with me.

Goes to destroy the myth that it is Christians who are attacking the gays. It is an all-out assault by the LGBT against Christians and anyone else who doesn't embrace their depravity.

Typical 4% telling the other 96% how to live. Voters have rejected gay marriage over and over even in California.

'Two Arizona Christian artists face the possibility of being jailed, in addition to being fined, after they recently refused to make invitations for a same-sex wedding.'

Ummmm...did we go to bed and suddenly wake up in Communist Russia, China, or North Korea?

Liberals have been pushing the GLBT Lifestyle on everyone as 'the norm', except it ISN'T to many Americans, especially those who have a religious objection to it. Those religious beliefs - and the practice of them - are actually PROTECTED by the Constitution:

"The Free Exercise Clause is the accompanying clause with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause together read:

“ Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Liberals can argue all day long about how it's discrimination, but it's not. It is one's personal religious belief, part of their faith, and THAT, again, is protected by the Constitution.

So Liberals are going to demand everyone else comply with their demands, regardless of what the Constitution says, and if the individuals refuse they are going to judicially punish them?!

This is an example of WHY we have the Constitution, why we have the Bill of Rights - to protect us from tyranny that encroaches on our personal rights!

I am NOT comparing these, but let's say in the future somehow liberals ram a law onto the books allowing Pedophilia, Bestiality, or Necrophilia? If Christians refuse to participate in any part of those, even if it has been approved by the government, will the government move to punish Christians - to jail Christians - for exercising their Constitutional Right to exercise their religion?
(-- Pretty ironic since this nation only exists because of a people who left England so they could freely exercise their religion without Government oppression, condemnation, and control.)

I understand laws against discrimination - I do, and I do support them....but I draw the line here. The Constitution clearly states, again:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The government, however, is encroaching more and more on our rights while justifying doing so more and more. Doing so, allowing it to be done, is the start down a very dangerous road (IMO).

TOPIC:
Christian artists face jail time for refusing to make same-sex wedding invitations

SUPPORTING:
Were these folks prevented from attending worship services? Was their church closed? How were they prevented from practicing their religion, exactly?

TOPIC:

SUPPORTING:
Were these folks prevented from attending worship services? Was their church closed? How were they prevented from practicing their religion, exactly?

Freedom of religion isn't just about going to church, or being able to go to church.

TOPIC:

SUPPORTING:

The Constitution doesn't protect human sacrifice no matter how religious someone might claim it is.

TOPIC:

SUPPORTING:

Freedom of religion isn't just about going to church, or being able to go to church.

You want an all white church, you can probably have it. What you can't have is an all white place of business.

You want an all white church, you can probably have it. What you can't have is an all white place of business.
'All White' is a racist belief, not a religious belief - much like 'Not God bless America, God D@mn America', which Barry's mentor and Pastor taught him...which I am positive is NOT taught anywhere in the Bible...but thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Public accommodation laws clearly state that a person cannot be discriminated against because of race religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to run a business you have to obey the law.

The Constitution doesn't protect human sacrifice no matter how religious someone might claim it is.
:wtf:

That's the starting point. Do you dispute it?
Dispute what, that you pulled some WILD, WAY OUT strawman to derail the serious conversation? Other than the extinct Mayans, can you name any American church that believes in human sacrifice? (And please provide a link, not just pull something out of a random orifice.)

The Court's opinion:

The United States Supreme Court ruled in Employment Division v. Smith (1990) that a person may not defy neutral laws of general applicability, such as public accommodation laws, as an expression of religious belief.

"To permit this," wrote Justice Scalia, "would make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself." He wrote that neutral laws of general applicability do not have to meet the standard of strict scrutiny, because such a requirement would create "a private right to ignore generally applicable laws".

Public accommodation laws clearly state that a person cannot be discriminated against because of race religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to run a business you have to obey the law.
However any law that is contradictory to the United States Constitution is itself illegal. The United States Constitution provides for the Freedom of Religion and the 'exercise thereof'.

If these people, as NYC pointed out, were discriminating due to color -which is not supported biblically, then there would be a case. In this case, religious teachings and faith/beliefs are supported biblically.

All laws, including all 'general applicable laws', must be weighed against Constitutionality. Again, in a case including race, gender - issues not supported Biblically - one would have a case if declaring 'discrimination', but in this case homosexuality is part of a religious, biblically based faith, and therefore should fall under religious protection.

IF YOU BELIEVE otherwise I completely understand and respect your opinion, as it is still perfectly ok to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back