Freedom is a religion.

N4mddissent

Sep 30, 2008
For many years, I thought of the U.N. like a confused elderly family member. Well-meaning, but ineffective and essentially harmless. Then they decided to try this binding resolution prohibiting "defamation" of religious views. In other words, you can't tell religions, particularly islam, that they're basically childish fantasies being embraced long past the point of intellectual maturity. You probably can't tell them that they're wrong and fiendishly ignorant either.

But that's bullshit. I could not express how this affected me. Luckily, Pat Condell did it for me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bzTA_D5NpU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bzTA_D5NpU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Boy oh boy did you ever lay down a nice little fire cracker thread. ;)

First of all your initial premise makes sense......What is this regulating of people critiquing other people's religions or systems of belief, defined as religion. Good point!

The second part to your statement, then goes off on this, "Islam is a fantasy", statement, and you don't back it up with any evidence.

So what your saying, is that if someone wants to believe in a fantasy it shouldn't be regulated?

I'm not a Muslim, but you probably had a few Muslims that liked the first part of your statement, but you soured the pot, when you had to put in a personal assessement of Islam = fantasy.

You have that same opinion of Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Bahai, Mormonis, etc.....?

You kind'of killed a most interesting start to a most intriguing subject for a thread by putting in your little barb/fantasy/Islam/religion comment IMO.
Why would you an Atheist, or agnostic really care what the UN says about religion? It's not part of your realm by choice, isn't it? Am I wrong and your not an atheist, or agnostic?

Last edited:
The UN is irrelevant... The US is a sovereign nation, existing upon it's own means and governed on it's own principles, as espoused through the founding charter and regualted by its own constitution...

Atheists, such as yourself are free to spew your Godless drivel, and with the exception of your means to vote, you're harmless idiots.

I could not POSSIBLY CARE LESS what the UN has to say about ANYTHING... it is only where individuals, without exception SECULARISTS, come to demand that the UN be accepted as some species of goverance when my attention is drawn towards that farce.

Islam is a function of pure evil; it is a lie designed to perpetuate greater lies and it's serves NO OTHER purpose than death and destruction...

Don't like that? Tough... go pound sand. And anyone who defends Islam is defending a lie and is thus a function of evil as a result.

The reality is that between the evil of atheism and islam, with the UN being atheist... in the end, the UN will succumb to Islam and the Muslims will kill the atheists which capitulated to them... The Atheists believe in nothing, thus they'll compromise with anything... except that which serves good. Leaving them ripe for the pickings.

Me and mine will treat with neither... and when the time comes that they can no longer be tolerated, we will destroy them.

So not to worry, it's under control...

But if we can get Pat Condell to this board, I'd LOVE to debate him on his Godless advocacy... and belittle and berate him for his absurd attempt to equate the evil that is Islam with the essence of light and good that is the faithfull belief in our Creator.

So work that out if ya can...

Last edited:
The UN is irrelevant... The US is a sovereign nation, existing upon it's own means and governed on it's own principles, as espoused through the founding charter and regualted by its own constitution...

Atheists, such as yourself are free to spew your Godless drivel, and with the exception of your means to vote, you're harmless idiots.

I could not POSSIBLY CARE LESS what the UN has to say about ANYTHING... it is only where individuals, without exception SECULARISTS, come to demand that the UN be accepted as some species of goverance when my attention is drawn towards that farce.

Islam is a function of pure evil; it is a lie designed to perpetuate greater lies and it's serves NO OTHER purpose than death and destruction...

Don't like that? Tough... go pound sand. And anyone who defends Islam is defending a lie and is thus a function of evil as a result.

The reality is that between the evil of atheism and islam, with the UN being atheist... in the end, the UN will succumb to Islam and the Muslims will kill the atheists which capitulated to them... The Atheists believe in nothing, thus they'll compromise with anything... except that which serves good. Leaving them ripe for the pickings.

Me and mine will treat with neither... and when the time comes that they can no longer be tolerated, we will destroy them.

"We will destroy them...." how, exactly? Sounds rather like a blatant THREAT to me, made by a person who is simply ticked off that many of us choose NOT to be burdened with the weight of poisonous "gods," religions and churches. For me, gods, religions and churches represent misery and slavery. I like the pleasures of FREEDOM much better.

Don't like that view? Well, that's really too flipping bad for militant religionists who have this idiotic notion that religion "should" control everyone and everything, especially YOUR religion. Whatever THAT is.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Boy oh boy did you ever lay down a nice little fire cracker thread. ;)

First of all your initial premise makes sense......What is this regulating of people critiquing other people's religions or systems of belief, defined as religion. Good point!

The second part to your statement, then goes off on this, "Islam is a fantasy", statement, and you don't back it up with any evidence.

So what your saying, is that if someone wants to believe in a fantasy it shouldn't be regulated?

I'm not a Muslim, but you probably had a few Muslims that liked the first part of your statement, but you soured the pot, when you had to put in a personal assessement of Islam = fantasy.

You have that same opinion of Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Bahai, Mormonis, etc.....?

You kind'of killed a most interesting start to a most intriguing subject for a thread by putting in your little barb/fantasy/Islam/religion comment IMO.
Why would you an Atheist, or agnostic really care what the UN says about religion? It's not part of your realm by choice, isn't it? Am I wrong and your not an atheist, or agnostic?

Whoa, you misunderstand. First- the particularly islam comment was referencing the resolution. The resolution, if binding, would require member nations to pass laws barring offensive or pejorative comments about religions and it specifically mentions islam. As far as my little bards, that was intended to be an act of civil defiance, making exactly the kind of statements the UN resolution would ban. If you want me to say something- trying to restrict me from saying it is the best motivation available.

And my interest in the UN resolution is not what it says about religion. It doesn't say anything about religion. It is about free speech. It says you can not make statements which offend religious sensibilities. As an atheist, I find it extremely important to resist efforts to curb speech that is offensive to religion. I usually try to be a bit more tactful than the barbs I issued earlier, but that helps illustrate the point that simply saying, "I don't believe god is real" would be offensive to some believers. I don't believe Muhammed was the prophet of Allah, nor do I believe Allah is real. That statement is offensive to some muslims I am certain. Under that resolution it could perhaps be banned. Perhaps saying that god is not real could get me jailed. I don't think the resolution is going anywhere, but it is scary that some would put forth such an assault on individual liberty.

So not to worry, it's under control...

But if we can get Pat Condell to this board, I'd LOVE to debate him on his Godless advocacy... and belittle and berate him for his absurd attempt to equate the evil that is Islam with the essence of light and good that is the faithfull belief in our Creator.

So work that out if ya can...

I've found that your posts flow much better and more accurately represent your mindset if not your specific opinions when read them in a particular way. Namely, I read them replacing the words: secular, atheist, liberal, and leftist with variations of the word Jew. I swear you could have written for Goebbels.

I've found that your posts flow much better and more accurately represent your mindset if not your specific opinions when read them in a particular way. Namely, I read them replacing the words: secular, atheist, liberal, and leftist with variations of the word Jew. I swear you could have written for Goebbels.

Interesting technique, perhaps I'll give it a whirl sometime. But I've got one of my own that helps with the flow too...I click the down arrow on the scroll bar to the right and hold it while the post flows smoothly and briskly out of sight.

Last edited:

Interesting technique, perhaps I'll give it a whirl sometime. But I've got one of my own that helps with the flow too...I click the down arrow on the scroll bar to the right and hold it while the post flows smoothly and briskly out of sight.

No, no, it really works. For example:

The Atheists believe in nothing, thus they'll compromise with anything... except that which serves good. Leaving them ripe for the pickings.

Me and mine will treat with neither... and when the time comes that they can no longer be tolerated, we will destroy them.​

This is what he wrote. Now read it like this:

The Jews believe in nothing, thus they'll compromise with anything... except that which serves good. Leaving them ripe for the pickings.

Me and mine will treat with neither... and when the time comes that they can no longer be tolerated, we will destroy them.​

I only changed one word. It's amazing, isn't it?

:lol:

I'll take your word for it N4.

I can count on one hand the number of posters here who habitually pen lengthy posts that I find are still worth the read. fwiw, you make the cut. Pubes...not so much.

Forum List

Back