Freedom From Government

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
President Obama signed an executive order last week continuing the faith-based initiatives program created by former President Bush. When the program was created, I warned that giving taxpayer money to private religious organizations would eventually lead to political control and manipulation of them. This week has provided some evidence that this was a justified concern.

Congressman Ron Paul - Freedom From Government - Texas Straight Talk

dude they are free not to take the money.

Ron Paul is feeding you some nonsense here...

President Obama signed an executive order last week continuing the faith-based initiatives program created by former President Bush. When the program was created, I warned that giving taxpayer money to private religious organizations would eventually lead to political control and manipulation of them. This week has provided some evidence that this was a justified concern.

Congressman Ron Paul - Freedom From Government - Texas Straight Talk

Kevin,

I gotta be honest. I've read a lot of your stuff and you are one of the first people who can articulate the need to control the size of government without either denouncing its importance or being particular with which parts you don't like. You seem to be fair across the board. And trust me, I'm no fan of faith based initiatives

dude they are free not to take the money.

Ron Paul is feeding you some nonsense here...

The point was that once you get the money, forced or otherwise, you can expect the government to interfere with what you're trying to do. Private enterprise is always preferable to government subsidized enterprise.

yeah, thanks for getting me to reread this.

i guess this faith based stuff is a good idea after all, it can get the government into these religious organization and reprogram them.

sweet.

i guess this faith based stuff is a good idea after all, it can get the government into these religious organization and reprogram them.

sweet.

Except that the government has no business getting into these religious organizations and reprogramming them. I'd prefer if they stuck to what they're authorized to do by the Constitution.

sweet.

Where do you find the authorization for the government to even attempt such a thing?

Jefferson feared that religion would corrupt government, Madison feared that government would corrupt religion. They were both right.

Jefferson feared that religion would corrupt government, Madison feared that government would corrupt religion. They were both right.

I think this is the first post of yours I agree with.

New Topics

Forum List

Back