free writing contests????? anyone know of?

Feb 15, 2004
Most contests I see around require a fee ranging from five dollars and up. I am looking for something free. Anyone know of a place I can look -aside from a general web search? Doesn't matter if its short story or novel length. I don't do poetry....and I don't write love stories....Perhaps someone knows....

winston churchi said:
Most contests I see around require a fee ranging from five dollars and up. I am looking for something free. Anyone know of a place I can look -aside from a general web search? Doesn't matter if its short story or novel length. I don't do poetry....and I don't write love stories....Perhaps someone knows....

I came accross some looking for scholarship money, you could do a search starting from there. Some were for everyone, not just students.

Obviously the story begging to be written is "why doesn't Winstn do love stories?"

What event from his past is still affecting his ability to feel? What is his dramatic need? Just to pay the rent by pounding out fiction? Or is there something below the surface?

"Something! Anything! Help, we're all drowning!"

Forum List

Back