Free WILL

Sledge

Rookie
Jul 22, 2009
The following quote is from a site that I'm not allowed to post the url to yet (not enough posts):

Perhaps the most controversial, came from Robert Broadus of Clinton, Maryland, an audience member who had lost his job and replaced it with one that paid him far less money.

"I decided not to get the health insurance. That's working out for me because I'm able to save that extra money and give it to my family members and use it on myself. Senator Cardin, I want to know are you going to tell me an individual...that I have to buy health care or else you're going to fine me $2,500 every year I don't get it? Our founding fathers assured us we have a Bill of Rights and I want to see you uphold that," Broadus said in an increasingly emotional voice and to scattered applause.

That's right, my friend. Once we socialize health care, the government WILL own your health. That means you WILL get health insurance. You WILL go see a doctor when they tell you to. You WILL eat foods they deem safe. You WILL abandon all vices that may endanger your health. Or you WILL be fined. If you don't pay the fine, you WILL surrender to armed men. Once in prison, you WILL go see a doctor.

The government WILL not be denied.

Once I get my 15 posts I'll come back and add the url. It's an interesting article.

I think the most simple answer would be to just tell doctors and hospitals that if people can't pay for it, then they don't need to treat them. Keep it simple. And for the poor, get rid of Medicaid and all other safety net programs. For those who have been pushed out of the insurance system due to ill health, only give them the coverage they can pay for. That is the American way. Why do we keep trying to help those in need? I don't get it? If you're poor or unhealthy, you don't have a right to more healthcare than you can afford. This would make us a much healthier nation as those who are weak and sick would die sooner. Maybe all those poor people would move to Canada then, or Mexico.

When someone decides they don't want to pay for insurance, why do we treat them when they get sick and can't pay? We should tell them to fuck off and die for their own stupidity.

Good for him, trying to at least hold that Congressman to Constitutional standards even though the Congressman did sidestep it with a Karl Marx answer.

The government doesn't seem too interested in following the guidelines of the Constitution anymore. Oh, they stand up and tell everybody how they will defend it to the death, then they do as they please. Hey, we can't blame anybody except ourselves. We're the dopes that keep re-electing these clowns to Congress. When we point our fingers at them, we have three fingers pointing right back at us and that is where the blame lies.

Forum List

Back