Free Voter ID Cards

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
maybe not ..

(Harvard Law)

In sum, voter IDs are expensive, often prohibitively so.7 And their costs can produce the

constitutionally impermissible effect of abridging or denying individual citizens their right
to vote. The total costs to citizens in all voter ID states for “free” IDs, plus state government
expenses for producing those “free” IDs, can reach into the multiple $100s of millions.

typical Republicans ... bitch about spending money, then step on their dress trying to find their purse.

http://today.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FullReportVoterIDJune20141.pdf

this thread will go as numb as a RW's brain. Just watch the gutless pukes ignore the truth and favor talking point BS ...

this thread will go as numb as a RW's brain. Just watch the gutless pukes ignore the truth and favor talking point BS ...

and yet we spend millions to certify people who fish, hunt, drive places, perform haircuts, etc etc etc.

Meanwhile you talk about two different costs, that to the State and to the individuals. Make up your fucking mind.

Typical of a liberal, expecting the taxpayers to foot the bill for everything. How about if you pay for your OWN ID card with some of that welfare money, hack? And let's see some credible information for how many adults in this country don't have a picture ID.

Waiting for an effective response to my point.

How much does it cost to get a state ID in your state?
In OH? $8.50

A state ID wont stop absentee voting fraud.. which btw is the largest type of fraud.

Will It ?
Waiting for an effective response to my point

LMAO

Waiting for an effective response to my point.
How much does it cost to get a state ID in your state?
In OH? $8.50
A state ID wont stop absentee voting fraud.. which btw is the largest type of fraud.
Will It ?
Waiting for an effective response to my point
LMAO
Still not seeing an answer to wither of my questions.
Good to see you brought your "A" game.
:lol:

Charging anything - even $8.50 - for a voter ID is essentially a poll tax. Can't do it. They have to be free - you can't charge someone to vote.

Charging anything - even $8.50 - for a voter ID is essentially a poll tax.
You aren't being charged a fee/excised a tax by the state to register to vote or to cast a ballot at the poll, so its -not- a poll tax.

You'll note that none of the court arguments regarding voter IDs have in any way revolved around the idea of a poll tax; they all center around discrimination against minorities.

In this, you are demonstrably wrong.

Forum List

Back