Free to choose

...:rolleyes:

...i wish stossel would shut the fuck up about 'the free market'..the most ubiquitous market commodity is 'dollars'...they are virtually one half of every 'economic transaction'..

...yet stossel, to my knowledge, HAS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THE MASSIVE FRAUD, INJUSTICE, ETC., ASSOCIATED WITH MONEY/'DOLLAR' CREATION, issuance, etc..'free market,' my ass..

...either the stooooopid republican fuck (he's no honest libertarian) doesn't get it..or he's actively involved in suppressing the truth...take your pick..

...btw, i understand most of you republicrats don't 'get it' either..consequently you are found frequently working your pieholes parroting 'info' about some 'illion dollar economy' while ignorant of the origin, nature, etc. of even one 'dollar'..

..but have a good day anyway...

...i wish stossel would shut the fuck up about 'the free market'..the most ubiquitous market commodity is 'dollars'...they are virtually one half of every 'economic transaction'..

...yet stossel, to my knowledge, HAS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THE MASSIVE FRAUD, INJUSTICE, ETC., ASSOCIATED WITH MONEY/'DOLLAR' CREATION, issuance, etc..'free market,' my ass..

...either the stooooopid republican fuck (he's no honest libertarian) doesn't get it..or he's actively involved in suppressing the truth...take your pick..

...btw, i understand most of you republicrats don't 'get it' either..consequently you are found frequently working your pieholes parroting 'info' about some 'illion dollar economy' while ignorant of the origin, nature, etc. of even one 'dollar'..

I'll take our system over your system of slavery every chance I get. ;) What do propose instead??? Food Stamps???? Credits???? Something for nothing fails every time.

More than any other American, Friedman, who won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976, clearly warned the world about the unintended consequences of big government.

We all know how worthless a Nobel Prize is......its all political

"We've become increasingly dependent on government," said Friedman. "We've surrendered power to government; nobody has taken it from us. It's our doing. The results – monumental government spending, much of it wasted, little of it going to the people whom we would like to see helped."

That's from Friedman's PBS TV series "Free to Choose," which aired 30 years ago and became the basis of his No. 1 best-seller by the same name.

Friedman is right, we have become dependent on government....

To protect our food and water supplies
To provide a safe working environment
To ensure equal rights for all Americans
To provide our national defense
To provide basic protections if we become sick or injured

Nasty Gubmint

I imagine like most in this country you hate the free market because it requires a modicum of responsiblity on the account of the YOU the consumer. So what if dollars are the most prevalent commodity. Can you form a logical explanation as to why that is bad?

Can you be specific or are you content to make gross generalities all day?

what a laugher. Please oh wise one, tell us the origin of one dollar.

More than any other American, Friedman, who won the Nobel Prize in economics in 1976, clearly warned the world about the unintended consequences of big government.

Let us all know when you inform your buddy Gore of this.

"We've become increasingly dependent on government," said Friedman. "We've surrendered power to government; nobody has taken it from us. It's our doing. The results – monumental government spending, much of it wasted, little of it going to the people whom we would like to see helped."

That's from Friedman's PBS TV series "Free to Choose," which aired 30 years ago and became the basis of his No. 1 best-seller by the same name.

Nasty Gubmint

To your own detriment because you have essentially admitted that you are too much of a pussy to accept the fact that you have the god given ability to provide most of those things for yourself. And the fact is government has gone far beyond those things in terms of sticking its nose in the business of the people. It just amazes me that we have people in this country that actually defend having their freedom taken away.

Last edited:

Nasty Gubmint

What part of what you posted is from that program?

Nasty Gubmint

To your own detriment because you have essentially admitted that you are too much of a pussy to accept the fact that you have the god given ability to provide most of those things for yourself. And the fact is government has gone far beyond those things in terms of sticking its nose in the business of the people. It just amazes me that we have people in this country that actually defend having their freedom taken away.

Oh really??

I have a god given ability to stop industries from poluting the air and water?
I can protect my home from a foreign invasion?
I can prevent people from discriminating against me if I am black, gay or a woman?
If I become injured on the job or sick, I can prevent them from firing me?

Some god you have there

Nasty Gubmint

Oh really??

I can prevent people from discriminating against me if I am black, gay or a woman?

Some god you have there

With enough like minded people to support your cause, yes.

Oh really??

Some god you have there

With enough like minded people to support your cause, yes.

Isn't that what government is?

Nasty Gubmint

Oh really??

Some god you have there

Do you understand that there is a difference between a libertarian and an anarchist? Stop being silly.

Nasty Gubmint

Using your warped and skewed way of spinning what Friedman said, I can make a slave owner look like a hero.

Feeds the slave daily
Provides a roof over a slaves head
Ensures the salve stays strong and fit
Offers basic medical care if the slave becomes ill or injured
Offers the slave a community that allows for socializing

Wonder why you did not list the things that Friedman was REALLY referring to??????? You know, like freebies for those that prefer the freebies over earning the goodies themselves.

Uh.. other than bizzaro ranting.... POINT?

Oh really??

Some god you have there

Do you understand that there is a difference between a libertarian and an anarchist? Stop being silly.

Libertarians collect books while anarchists worship the devil...

Do you think I'm stupid?

Nasty Gubmint

Using your warped and skewed way of spinning what Friedman said, I can make a slave owner look like a hero.

Feeds the slave daily

Wonder why you did not list the things that Friedman was REALLY referring to??????? You know, like freebies for those that prefer the freebies over earning the goodies themselves.

Oh I understand....he was talking about....FREEBIES

Like farm subsidies, tax exemptions, sweetheart government contracts (Haliburton), trade tariffs....

Those types of freebies

Dollars might be a fiction of the government, but they work. They standardize barter rates and facilitate trade. What exactly is your beef with them?

Oh really??

Some god you have there

Libertarians collect books while anarchists worship the devil...

Do you think I'm stupid?

One does have to wonder someitimes.........

Nasty Gubmint

Feeds the slave daily

Oh I understand....he was talking about....FREEBIES

Like farm subsidies, tax exemptions, sweetheart government contracts (Haliburton), trade tariffs....

Those types of freebies

Then you would understand that when he and most libertarians say that market needs to be free, that is government needs to stop medling, they mean it. That includes the above, no governemnt kick backs, or special tax breaks etc. Your problem is you don't understand what libertarian is I guess, first you think it's the same as an anarchist because they think too much government is bad, than you think they must be like conservatives or republicans because they believe in special favors for big business. If you pulled your biased head out of your ass you would probably find there is a lot for a leftist to like about libertarians.

Nasty Gubmint

Why does the government have to provide for my basic protections if I become sick or injured?

Why does it have to provide a safe working environment? And how exactly does it do that?

Believe it or not, the government has done an abysmal job of ensuring equal rights for all Americans, and anyone that would trust their rights to the care of government is a fool. If it had not been for the people, blacks would still be second class citizens, because the government certainly did not care.

Trust the government if you want, i would rather trust myself and my friends.

New Topics

Forum List

Back