free the people free the herb

Oh they sure would make money taxing the shit out of drugs. It won't stop at pot, and will generate a whole industry for drug counseling and recovery the likes of which we've only hinted at. Put more people on the federal dole than you can beat with a stick. It's suuuuuch a good idea for statists. Fuck the 'opiate of the masses' when you just go right to the opiate itself. Wanna control them, threaten their drug supply. They'll do whatever you tell them. Nothing like a short leash on an addicted and very controllable populace! Let's hear it for narco-fascism!

Hurrah! Perfect example of "slavery is freedom". No wonder Truthiepoo loves the idea of 'free the herb, enslave the free". that WAS what she meant, wasn't it?

^----Check out the big gov't authoritarians in action. These are the folks this country should be afraid of.

Edit:

Not you Two Thumbs ... Fitz and the chick who needs some dick :cool:
Show me how I'm advocating big government. I'd like to see your magnificent logic at work.

funny-pictures-kitten-is-confused.jpg

Then again, potheads shouldn't attempt thinking. They can hurt themselves.[/QUOTE]

What is your excuse than?
Carl Sagan wasn't adversly affected by it.

^----Check out the big gov't authoritarians in action. These are the folks this country should be afraid of.

Edit:

Not you Two Thumbs ... Fitz and the chick who needs some dick :cool:
Show me how I'm advocating big government. I'd like to see your magnificent logic at work.

You:

Wanna control them, threaten their drug supply. They'll do whatever you tell them. Nothing like a short leash on an addicted and very controllable populace! Let's hear it for narco-fascism!

And don't forget advocating the death penalty for crimes committed while on drugs :cuckoo:

Now spin away!
One, since you've toked up this morning and have not quite figured out what I said. Not surprised, but am a little disappointed I have to explain the joke...

Wanna control them, threaten their drug supply. They'll do whatever you tell them. Nothing like a short leash on an addicted and very controllable populace! Let's hear it for narco-fascism!

In this statement I am not saying it SHOULD be done. I am saying it WILL be done by the narco-fascists (see liberals and totalitarian whackjobs) who believe in 'feel good big government control) will use this methodology to own every druggies ass to make themselves into the new nobility and reduce you potheads into nothing more than mellow slaves. It is the DANGER I'm warning against that will come from legalizing drugs and taxing the crap out of it.

And don't forget advocating the death penalty for crimes committed while on drugs :cuckoo:

Should be the case now. Recidivism would drop dramatically. If you can be charged with Murder One (which can result in the death penalty) for drinking and driving, I fail to see why this should not be the basis for dealing with those who steal, endanger or harm others while on, or for the fund to support their habit. Addicts will resort to any means to keep their habit, even if they run out of monies to feed it and become total trainwrecks. Nor should any working citizen who is behaving responsibly be obligated directly or indirectly through taxes to support this selfish act of nihilism.

Pot should be legal. Legal but regulated like alcohol. It will take some of the burden off the war on drugs but it's only a minor component in the big picture.

If you want it legalized, make it so that I don't pick up the tab for it. So, no welfare, no medical assistance, no nothing. Then I'm not funding other peoples lifestyle choices. That's fair.

Anytime you wanna start the Crusade to end all that for alcohol users have at it, hypocrite.

That works for me. I dislike alcohol dependency as much as I dislike drug addiction. I see no reason why I should pay for it. Wreck your life, I don't care. Just don't expect me to fund it for feel sorry for your stupidity.

If it was made legal, it would be regualted like smoking and alcohol.

Pols love to make laws and tax shit. It would be like Xmas and the Ramadan feast happening all at the same time.
Oh they sure would make money taxing the shit out of drugs. It won't stop at pot, and will generate a whole industry for drug counseling and recovery the likes of which we've only hinted at. Put more people on the federal dole than you can beat with a stick. It's suuuuuch a good idea for statists. Fuck the 'opiate of the masses' when you just go right to the opiate itself. Wanna control them, threaten their drug supply. They'll do whatever you tell them. Nothing like a short leash on an addicted and very controllable populace! Let's hear it for narco-fascism!

Hurrah! Perfect example of "slavery is freedom". No wonder Truthiepoo loves the idea of 'free the herb, enslave the free". that WAS what she meant, wasn't it?

We have far more problems from prescription drugs than recreational. And most people that do drugs do not cause problems for others. You would be surprised by some of the people that have done drugs. But continue to believe the crap that you have been fed and then go get another drink of your favorite beverage.

I have yet to here of a drive by at Walgreens b/c they are selling scripts.

so please clarify what you mean by that.

You:

Now spin away!
One, since you've toked up this morning and have not quite figured out what I said. Not surprised, but am a little disappointed I have to explain the joke...

In this statement I am not saying it SHOULD be done. I am saying it WILL be done by the narco-fascists (see liberals and totalitarian whackjobs) who believe in 'feel good big government control) will use this methodology to own every druggies ass to make themselves into the new nobility and reduce you potheads into nothing more than mellow slaves. It is the DANGER I'm warning against that will come from legalizing drugs and taxing the crap out of it.

Should be the case now. Recidivism would drop dramatically. If you can be charged with Murder One (which can result in the death penalty) for drinking and driving, I fail to see why this should not be the basis for dealing with those who steal, endanger or harm others while on, or for the fund to support their habit. Addicts will resort to any means to keep their habit, even if they run out of monies to feed it and become total trainwrecks. Nor should any working citizen who is behaving responsibly be obligated directly or indirectly through taxes to support this selfish act of nihilism.

:lol:

hmm, It went over my head also. Someone must have slipped decaf into my cup.

You:

Now spin away!

Okay so you weren't serious with the narco-fascism thing but you sure as shit are advocating for the expansion of the ultimate big gov't authoritarian program: the death penalty.

Tell me, Fitz what types of crimes are you talking about?

Are you saying that you support the death penalty for someone who steals a pack of gum on weed?

Just looking to see how far you are willing to take your big gov't authoritarian policy.

We have far more problems from prescription drugs than recreational. And most people that do drugs do not cause problems for others. You would be surprised by some of the people that have done drugs. But continue to believe the crap that you have been fed and then go get another drink of your favorite beverage.

Look up oxycoton abuse and such.

Prescription drugs are the second most commonly abused category of drugs, behind marijuana and ahead of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and other drugs. The National Institutes of Health estimates that nearly 20 percent of people in the United States have used prescription drugs for non-medical reasons.

Some prescription drugs can become addictive, especially when they are used in a manner inconsistent with their labeling or for reasons they were not prescribed. Those include narcotic painkillers like OxyContin or Vicodin, sedatives and tranquilizers like Xanax or Valium, and stimulants like Dexedrine, Adderall or Ritalin.

Steroid abuse is also on the rise. Steroids are prescription drugs that are legally prescribed to treat a variety of medical conditions that cause loss of lean muscle mass, such as cancer and AIDS. Men consistently report higher rates of steroid use than women. In 2008, 2.5 percent of 12th grade males, versus 0.6 percent of 12th grade females, reported taking the drugs in the past year.

In 2000, about 43 percent of hospital emergency admissions for drug overdoses (nearly 500,000 people) happened because of misused prescription drugs. This type of drug abuse is increasing partially because of the availability of drugs, including online pharmacies that make it easier to get the drugs without a prescription, even for minors.

If you are drink coffee or tea, have a beer and take smoke breaks, you are a drug user.

Should they suffer the same fate as the marijuana user and be imprisoned?

Marijuana is well understood. It is relatively benign with almost no toxicity. It's detrimental effects include short term memory loss during intoxication, it can induce anxiety and paranoia with some users. and it inhibits REM sleep. It is far less toxic than nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine.

Ending prohibition, even if its just marijuana, will drastically reduce violent crime associated with the underground drug trade. It would create new jobs and boost the economy in terms of tax revenue and a new cash crop. People would also have access to good quality marijuana as legalization would remove the risks of poor quality control that comes from acquiring MJ on the black market. Marijuana has a number of medicinal uses as well. No human being has ever died from a Marijuana overdose.

Drug prohibition was imposed upon this country through propaganda, prior to its prohibition one could purchase it in a store, the founding fathers of this country grew and used MJ recreationally. Ending prohibition would remove the taboo associated with the drug and curb its abuse.

You:

Now spin away!

Okay so you weren't serious with the narco-fascism thing but you sure as shit are advocating for the expansion of the ultimate big gov't authoritarian program: the death penalty.

Tell me, Fitz what types of crimes are you talking about?

Are you saying that you support the death penalty for someone who steals a pack of gum on weed?

Just looking to see how far you are willing to take your big gov't authoritarian policy.

Steal a pack of gum!!

Death by bunga bunga!!

The following things are worse than weed;

1.) Mcdonalds
2.) Not getting on a threadmill
3.) Alcohol
4.) Cigarettes
5.) Caffeine

Disclaimer: I've never smoked weed in my life, I just have the common sense to see it for what it is.

the idea that society will fall if drugs are legal is more than over the top.

never said that. It will survive, much like it did before prohibition. Prohibition was a bad move, but the point was that there needed to be laws to control these substances. Unfortunately, we've become such a weak, pansyassed culture, we could not create sound regulations and revert us to worse than a pre-prohibition culture.

Do a little research on the 'demon rum' campaigns, pre-drinking age issues in bars. Why was it Victorian England created laws against Gin and other spirits being sold to children? As recent as prohibition you could buy cocktails made with benzene and ethle chloride, "laudnum", cocaine, marijuana and many other restricted and illegal drugs. Bars used to be 24/7 and the dead or dying were thrown out to be taken care of when the police came around after their bodies were picked bare. And this was in places like New York City. Look at the slums of London for how bad it could be!

Society would carry on and wouldn't collapse, but many of our quality of life laws and blue laws we have now draw their heritage directly to the Temperance campaigns of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

And I don't trust our modern temperance movement "MADD" and their associates to do wise things, nor their opposition who want guilt free drug use.

Ask yourself if that is the kind of world you want to live in? My point is, ultimately, over the top rhetoric aside is no. If this comes to be, I'd rather live in a dry county and have the right to keep druggies out AND unsupported by me.

This is just the first step to "I have a right to be stoned, and you have to support me" advocacy. Look to Denmark. They're already having problems with that, AND foreigners coming to do just that as well.

1.) Mcdonalds
3.) Alcohol
4.) Cigarettes
5.) Caffeine

Disclaimer: I've never smoked weed in my life, I just have the common sense to see it for what it is.

You forgot growing old :tongue:

Pot should be legal. Legal but regulated like alcohol. It will take some of the burden off the war on drugs but it's only a minor component in the big picture.

If you want it legalized, make it so that I don't pick up the tab for it. So, no welfare, no medical assistance, no nothing. Then I'm not funding other peoples lifestyle choices. That's fair.

People on welfare can drinkand still recieve assitance.

If the herb were legal they could do it too and still get assitance.

I think you truely do not understand the herb.

When you smoke you feel a sense of calm and get thoughty.

People get introspective and feel a connection to the world arround them.

It in fact will help many people in the world become more thougthful unlike the effects of alcohol.

Alcohol blots out your senses and make you NOT think.

Alcohols effects last for many hours and usually requires a nights sleep to end most of its effects.

The Herb can be inbibed in many ways and its effects last a couple of hours.

Then you are good to go and back to your normal senses.

I truely think its legalization will HELP the addiction problems we have in this country.

people can use it instead of many of the other much more harmful substances people use to date.

And most people that do drugs do not cause problems for others.

You've obviously never worked in hospitality or the public sector before and seen the reality of the situation.

Prove that more than a small percentage of drug users cause problems.
In my own experience more people got into trouble because of alchohol.
Your problem is you only see those that do get into trouble not the vast majority that don't.

Look up oxycoton abuse and such.

Prescription drugs are the second most commonly abused category of drugs, behind marijuana and ahead of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and other drugs. The National Institutes of Health estimates that nearly 20 percent of people in the United States have used prescription drugs for non-medical reasons.

Some prescription drugs can become addictive, especially when they are used in a manner inconsistent with their labeling or for reasons they were not prescribed. Those include narcotic painkillers like OxyContin or Vicodin, sedatives and tranquilizers like Xanax or Valium, and stimulants like Dexedrine, Adderall or Ritalin.

Steroid abuse is also on the rise. Steroids are prescription drugs that are legally prescribed to treat a variety of medical conditions that cause loss of lean muscle mass, such as cancer and AIDS. Men consistently report higher rates of steroid use than women. In 2008, 2.5 percent of 12th grade males, versus 0.6 percent of 12th grade females, reported taking the drugs in the past year.

In 2000, about 43 percent of hospital emergency admissions for drug overdoses (nearly 500,000 people) happened because of misused prescription drugs. This type of drug abuse is increasing partially because of the availability of drugs, including online pharmacies that make it easier to get the drugs without a prescription, even for minors.

OK Thanks.

You were talking about addiction only.

however

In the totality of it, illegal drugs cause a much higher body count, and that's a shade more important than addiction.

1.) Mcdonalds
3.) Alcohol
4.) Cigarettes
5.) Caffeine

You forgot growing old :tongue:

Making a law against getting old makes as much sense as making a law against using marijuana.

If you are drink coffee or tea, have a beer and take smoke breaks, you are a drug user.

Should they suffer the same fate as the marijuana user and be imprisoned?

Marijuana is well understood. It is relatively benign with almost no toxicity. It's detrimental effects include short term memory loss during intoxication, it can induce anxiety and paranoia with some users. and it inhibits REM sleep. It is far less toxic than nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine.

Ending prohibition, even if its just marijuana, will drastically reduce violent crime associated with the underground drug trade. It would create new jobs and boost the economy in terms of tax revenue and a new cash crop. People would also have access to good quality marijuana as legalization would remove the risks of poor quality control that comes from acquiring MJ on the black market. Marijuana has a number of medicinal uses as well. No human being has ever died from a Marijuana overdose.

Drug prohibition was imposed upon this country through propaganda, prior to its prohibition one could purchase it in a store, the founding fathers of this country grew and used MJ recreationally. Ending prohibition would remove the taboo associated with the drug and curb its abuse.

Caffeine doesn't impair judgment or cause any major illnesses. Alcohol, nicotine and drugs do. This bullshit about marijuana not being harmful is used by those who smoke it to justify their stupidity. Every major study across the world links MJ to mental illness. Which is fine, you want to risk that kind of damage, that's ok by me. It is not ok when I have to pick up the tab. And drug users, smokers and alcoholics are bleeding the rest of us dry with their asinine choices.

Legalize it. But.... ensure that they pay for their stupid behavior. That's fair. My medical insurance should not be affected because of their illnesses. I choice a healthy lifestyle. I should reap the financial benefit of that. So, no welfare, no assistance of any kind for anyone who chooses stupid over smart. Simple.

And most people that do drugs do not cause problems for others.

You've obviously never worked in hospitality or the public sector before and seen the reality of the situation.

Prove that more than a small percentage of drug users cause problems.
In my own experience more people got into trouble because of alchohol.
Your problem is you only see those that do get into trouble not the vast majority that don't.

Ask any Cop if he would rather deal with a stoner or and drunk.

Forum List

Back