Free Speech vs an Angry Islamic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to consider that Muslims that are Pro Reform, even Moderate Muslims, can be just as much a target as us. The issue isn't about most Muslims, it's about those with Concentrated Power, who direct the trends, and act with impunity. Whether it's one in a thousand, or one in a hundred thousand, it is insignificant to the victim of the effect. The Enemy is Sharia, trying to bring the World into Compliance with It's Interpretation of what is Right and Just, by Any Means. It does not Recognize anything even Parallel, It does not see Truth outside of It's own brand, only temporary competition, obstruction. In Islam, the Sword is Mightier than the Pen.
You realize, don't you, that not so very long ago people talked about Catholics and the Pope in much the same way as you are speaking about Islam.

Believing that 'your way' is more pure, more orthodox, or more acceptable and a HOPE that all the world will come to understand it is a much different thing than physical punishment of people for not respecting your beliefs and way of doing things.

Islam has been around for almost as long as the Roman Catholic Church has been formally recognized as a religious entity. The more militant Roman Catholic Church long ago gave up physically punishing dissidents or heretics and that was never universal throughout catholicism. The more militant Islam seems much slower to evolve to such a point of view.
Thats true, however the way the Catholic church is set up, and societal pressures helped.

Might want to consider that Muslims that are Pro Reform, even Moderate Muslims, can be just as much a target as us. The issue isn't about most Muslims, it's about those with Concentrated Power, who direct the trends, and act with impunity. Whether it's one in a thousand, or one in a hundred thousand, it is insignificant to the victim of the effect. The Enemy is Sharia, trying to bring the World into Compliance with It's Interpretation of what is Right and Just, by Any Means. It does not Recognize anything even Parallel, It does not see Truth outside of It's own brand, only temporary competition, obstruction. In Islam, the Sword is Mightier than the Pen.

Most Muslims in America don't even know what sharia is. Thats just fear mongering. This whole sharia thing just recently started with anti Islamic websites and preaching and that's when people jumped on this bandwagon. Sorry but it's stupid

You realize, don't you, that not so very long ago people talked about Catholics and the Pope in much the same way as you are speaking about Islam.

Believing that 'your way' is more pure, more orthodox, or more acceptable and a HOPE that all the world will come to understand it is a much different thing than physical punishment of people for not respecting your beliefs and way of doing things.

Islam has been around for almost as long as the Roman Catholic Church has been formally recognized as a religious entity. The more militant Roman Catholic Church long ago gave up physically punishing dissidents or heretics and that was never universal throughout catholicism. The more militant Islam seems much slower to evolve to such a point of view.
No, you missed my point. When Catholic immigrants came to America they were demonized in much the same way. Not "some" Catholics do bad things but rather "Catholics" are just outright bad people.

As bad as the protesting has been over this film, it doesn't touch what happened when the Danish newspapers published the Mo cartoons. So on balance, if you look at things rationally, there are less "angry" Muslims now than there were a few years ago.

Most Muslims in America don't even know what sharia is. Thats just fear mongering. This whole sharia thing just recently started with anti Islamic websites and preaching and that's when people jumped on this bandwagon. Sorry but it's stupid
Did anyone even notice that no American Muslims rioted or even protested this film?

There is something else at play here than the assumption that Muslims in general are just wantin' to riot!

Did anyone even notice that no American Muslims rioted or even protested this film?

There is something else at play here than the assumption that Muslims in general are just wantin' to riot!

It is just an assumption. Muslims here didn't riot or protest. I don't get this sharia bandwagon thing that makes absolutely no sense. As if the constitution is gonna be replaced with sharia. Its silly

I noticed that muslims didn't riot in the US. But then the US is already perceived as having an anti muslim bias isn't it? Mosques are already being torched in the US. That bias might have done more to stop muslim violence than the mythical moderate muslim.

This is the clean debate zone HG and no. All protests have stopped and they aren't large. All the rioting is happening in their own countries. Say something that makes sense for once

I noticed that muslims didn't riot in the US. But then the US is already perceived as having an anti muslim bias isn't it? Mosques are already being torched in the US. That bias might have done more to stop muslim violence than the mythical moderate muslim.

That's completely illegal and those criminals have absolutely no right to burn places of worship in America.

This is the clean debate zone HG and no. All protests have stopped and they aren't large. All the rioting is happening in their own countries. Say something that makes sense for once

I forgot this was the CDZ, but if you can't see how people are trying to accomodate Muslims and coddle them you are truly blind.

Just because you don't know any moderate Muslims doesn't mean they don't exist. There was a large Muslim community where I grew up, and I went to school with several, a Cathloic school.

I forgot this was the CDZ, but if you can't see how people are trying to accomodate Muslims and coddle them you are truly blind.

They aren't. Maybe a few people that delt with the movie. Other than that all I have seen are attacks on Muslims all around the tv and Internet

They aren't. Maybe a few people that delt with the movie. Other than that all I have seen are attacks on Muslims all around the tv and Internet

There have been numerous apologies to the Muslim community for this film, from the President, Hillary Clinton, celebrities, people are bending over backwards to make sure Muslims are not butt hurt. How many high ranking Muslim figures condenmed the US Ambassadors death in Libya for instance? the only people I know of are the new Libyan government.

There have been numerous apologies to the Muslim community for this film, from the President, Hillary Clinton, celebrities, people are bending over backwards to make sure Muslims are not butt hurt. How many high ranking Muslim figures condenmed the US Ambassadors death in Libya for instance? the only people I know of are the new Libyan government.

They didn't apologize for the film. They said its offensive to Muslims.

Libyan goverment. Muhamamd Mursi. Saudi mufti(highest religous leader). Qatar. Tunisia. UAE. All their goverments have condemened them. A lot of the Arabic Press have too

Libyan goverment. Muhamamd Mursi. Saudi mufti(highest religous leader). Qatar. Tunisia. UAE. All their goverments have condemened them. A lot of the Arabic Press have too

There have been apologies left and right for the film, you just don't want to hear them.:eusa_hand:

There have been apologies left and right for the film, you just don't want to hear them.:eusa_hand:

No there hasn't and you don't want to hear that Muslim leaders Condemend the attack. Why is that?

^This would be the better Hitler analogy. Burn the fuckers and exterminate them so they'll behave.

Retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back