"Free speech tolerant liberals," banning books. That is right. Huckleberry Finn, banned.

A suburban Philadelphia school expelled “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” from its curriculum over the book’s overuse of the N-word.

The Friends’ Central School removed the Mark Twain classic from the 11th-grade American literature class last week after students said it made them feel uncomfortable, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

“We have all come to the conclusion that the community costs of reading this book in 11th grade outweigh the literary benefits,” principal Art Hall said in a letter to parents.

Hall said students were challenged by the use of the racial slur, and felt the school was not being inclusive enough.

The politically correct crowd just got a great American novel banned | New York Post

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures...im-free-the-time-he-was-mark-twain-371698.jpg

That is just horrific. AhhhhhhhhH!!!!!

Of course, you think any of these places of brainwashing will ban this?

nas_kelis_grammy_outfit-0-0-0x0-550x7913.jpeg
dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

c0231e1d2cb887b310022a358f7a9a6f4c4f53da95403851eb91c469b097a25c.jpg

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday folks. When I say liberal, know that I am talking the hypocritical left. Which, are not liberal at all. Just so that you understand.

Do you support American students being taught the Koran?

As long as schools can opt to teach the bible if they so desire.

I personally think Huckleberry Finn is overrated as a piece of literature TODAY. At the time it was groundbreaking. I'm not sure that the stupid kids today can make much out of it.

Considering that this is a Quaker School....pretty good chance that they do teach the Bible....and the Koran.

A suburban Philadelphia school expelled “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” from its curriculum over the book’s overuse of the N-word.

The Friends’ Central School removed the Mark Twain classic from the 11th-grade American literature class last week after students said it made them feel uncomfortable, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

“We have all come to the conclusion that the community costs of reading this book in 11th grade outweigh the literary benefits,” principal Art Hall said in a letter to parents.

Hall said students were challenged by the use of the racial slur, and felt the school was not being inclusive enough.

The politically correct crowd just got a great American novel banned | New York Post

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures...im-free-the-time-he-was-mark-twain-371698.jpg

dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday folks. When I say liberal, know that I am talking the hypocritical left. Which, are not liberal at all. Just so that you understand.

I personally think Huckleberry Finn is overrated as a piece of literature TODAY. At the time it was groundbreaking. I'm not sure that the stupid kids today can make much out of it.

Considering that this is a Quaker School....pretty good chance that they do teach the Bible....and the Koran.

There's a pretty good chance I don't give a shit, then.

dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

There's a pretty good chance I don't give a shit, then.

I figure you dont' give a shit about much that happens outside your bunker.

Huckleberry Finned isn't banned. The students did not feel comfortable reading it as part of their assignment. They can still check it out of the school library or buy their own copy.
You are dealing with a racist teaper...they make up their news to satisfy their need for hate.
Oh please.
Yes, we're all racist..
Shut your your ridiculous liver lipped pie hole

Huckleberry Finned isn't banned. The students did not feel comfortable reading it as part of their assignment. They can still check it out of the school library or buy their own copy.
You are dealing with a racist teaper...they make up their news to satisfy their need for hate.
Oh please.
Yes, we're all racist..
Racists, idiots, assholes...take your pick. You are bound to be right if you picky any 1

Oh please.
Yes, we're all racist..
Racists, idiots, assholes...take your pick. You are bound to be right if you picky any 1
Uh oh. I withdraw my nomination of you for moderator.

I'm so sad about this.

The Right Wing believes books shouldn't be banned for mentioning 'N*ggers".

They only believe in banning books if they mention homosexuals.

I have to say this pc crap has to be pushed back on hard in instances like this. We aren't going to start changing great works of literature or art because it offends someone. That is its job, much like a crucifix in urine. If it isn't breaking your arm or picking your pocket then live with it. And the book captures language in use at the time it was written. Let's not rewrite history. And yes I will note conservatives like doing this with the founding father's history. Many were deists, not Christians. Lets leave real history as it is and live with it. To do otherwise is to reject reality.

The Soviet Union liked to 'whitewash' history as it were, as does China today. You cannot find any real mention of the 1989 Tiananmen Square uprising, the government works overtime to keep it erased from the minds of the people.

I'll bet the language in Huckleberry Fin has made people uncomfortable since it was written. LIVE WITH IT. Society has already begun pushing the pendulum of political correctness back towards the center. This is a good example why.

Many were not deists. Many were men of the cloth. As anyone with a smidgen of familiarity with the past knows, progressives are notorious for altering history.

dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

Nothing new.
Huck was banned in 1950, 1974, 1975, 1979, 1993, 2007, 2012 etc.
Yes, it's racist as is a lot things in American literature.
The Disney movie, "Song of the South", Joel Chandler Harris’ plantation-set Uncle Remus’ tales of Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox with such wonderful songs as “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah,” and "Blue Skies" hasn't left the Disney vault in over 25 years.

The racism in this country was wrong and needs to be addressed as such but mixed into that racism is lot of American history, good literature, and great music that shouldn't be lost. It's our heritage, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

We didn't read The Canterbury Tales as part of any curriculum in my high school.

To the right wing idiots that means my school banned Chaucer.

When confronted with this type of BS, Just replace "The adventures of Huck Finn" with "The Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison.

That would shut any "ni$$$r" up, quickly!

Or go pure 60's Radical and assign "The ****** Bible" by Robert deCoy. Its not good literature, but it is in the same vein of "Blacks can Call other Blacks N""""" and no--it is spelled with "er" and not a!

Forum List

Back