Free speech suit aims to end twitters political censorship

To try to CENSOR some and only SOME People from sharing their viewpoints on the biggest social network venues IS a form of tyranny.
Much like malls are privately owned, but serve the public... They can be made to justify in court, any action which may be deemed discriminatory.

To try to CENSOR some and only SOME People from sharing their viewpoints on the biggest social network venues IS a form of tyranny.
Much like malls are privately owned, but serve the public... They can be made to justify in court, any action which may be deemed discriminatory.

I'm just saying that it is a form of control, thought control. They should not present themselves as a social media site but as a LIBERAL talking points site if that is how they are going to operate.

Doesn't that mean the market is ripe for a competitor to rival Facebook or Twitter? Instead of suing, these white nationalists should be using that money to build their own social media platforms, but this more about them feeling oppressed and persecuted.

Doesn't that mean the market ripe for a competitor to rival Facebook or Twitter? Instead of suing, these white nationalists should be using that money to build their own social media platforms, but this more about them feeling oppressed and persecuted.

Isn't "Gab" the white power twitter already?

Doesn't that mean the market is ripe for a competitor to rival Facebook or Twitter? Instead of suing, these white nationalists should be using that money to build their own social media platforms, but this more about them feeling oppressed and persecuted.

No, everyone should be free to share their views whether you agree or not. That is what our country is built on. Believe me there is nothing more I would like to do than to stuff a dirty sock down the throats of most liberals, but I can't, and I have to let them speak. That is how we do things around here.

Doesn't that mean the market ripe for a competitor to rival Facebook or Twitter? Instead of suing, these white nationalists should be using that money to build their own social media platforms, but this more about them feeling oppressed and persecuted.

Isn't "Gab" the white power twitter already?

Yeah, but signing up for their services would ruin their insatiable desire to feel victimized.

No, everyone should be free to share their views whether you agree or not. That is what our country is built on. Believe me there is nothing more I would like to do than to stuff a dirty sock down the throats of most liberals, but I can't, and I have to let them speak. That is how we do things around here.

They can share their views as much as they please; however, they don't have a right to use Facebook or Twitter's platform. No one does. If this was about wedding cakes for fags some of the very same people in this thread would be singing a different tune.

They can share their views as much as they please; however, they don't have a right to use Facebook or Twitter's platform. No one does. If this was about wedding cakes for fags some of the very same people in this thread would be singing a different tune.

They don't have a right, but that still doesn't make it okay to suppress some free speech and encourage others. We ALL should be treated equally on these types of sites or they are NOT "social media" sites.

They don't have a right, but that still doesn't make it okay to suppress some free speech and encourage others. We ALL should be treated equally on these types of sites or they are NOT "social media" sites.

The free market is the solution, not government intervention. They'll change their policies accordingly if enough people stop using their free services.

The free market is the solution, not government intervention. They'll change their policies accordingly if enough people stop using their free services.

An echo chamber is not a social media site, so they should have to give up that moniker and call themselves what they actually are. A liberal echochamber that doesn't welcome ANY opposing viewpoints.

I'd say if Twitter wants to limit what people can say they have every right to do so and I have every right to tell them to f- off.
Yea ! well they censor the far right, and ban people for criticising Islam, and they allow Muslims to prattle on praising their false prophet unhindered. I criticise the Quran on twitter and so far I have got away with it, but others have been banned, and even threatened with prosecution for hate speech.
We need a platform where freedom of speech is a given right with minimum censorship.

An echo chamber is not a social media site, so they should have to give up that moniker and call themselves what they actually are. A liberal echochamber that doesn't welcome ANY opposing viewpoints.

There are plenty of opposing viewpoints on Twitter and Facebook. Just take your business elsewhere and let the free market sort it out. Easy peasy, George and Weezie.

There are plenty of opposing viewpoints on Twitter and Facebook. Just take your business elsewhere and let the free market sort it out. Easy peasy, George and Weezie.

Just like the gay people trying to get a wedding cake did? :D

Liberals need to move to another country that best suits their needs for government to be in control of them and a nanny state. That is not what America was meant to be though. If you can't handle the freedom, get out of the country. :) Don't try to change the country to meet YOUR needs because of your fears of freedom and your need for government supplied security.
Why. They like to destroy freedom. They can't destroy countries that already have limited freedom.
I remember when Colorado was a red state. Then California sent their people to colonize California.

They have plans to do the same with h Texas and Florida. This is how the win elections.

Just like the gay people trying to get a wedding cake did? :D

And a bakery should be free to do business or not do business with whomever they choose.

The best solution is for Twitter and Facebook to declare that hosting this white nationalist clown would violate their deeply held religious beliefs. lol

‘Free Speech’ Suit Aims To End Twitter’s Political Censorship
A group of free-speech lawyers filed the most serious legal challenge yet to Twitter’s censorship policies Tuesday in San Francisco County Superior Court, seeking a ruling preventing Twitter from banning users purely on the basis of their views and political associations.

And end it we should, nothing like bringing down big social media oh yeah that's right money talks and bs walks this would be a simple little ding , ding to them.
LOL

Twitter is a private company and can ban anybody for any reason which violates their terms of service as long as they’re not discriminating based on race, creed, religion or gender.

Well, some people are in tune enough to see that limiting or restricting ANY speech is pretty bad and unAmerican. Some people will only realize this when it is speech that THEY personally agree with. They pretty much see themselves as the arbiters of what is right and what is wrong. Like if a site was to ban any kind of homosexual rights talk, the homosexuals would surely be up in arms claiming how WRONG that is. Well, according to liberals, we don't have a consensus on "morals." To each his or her own unless they are HARMING somebody else.

Forum List

Back